Words — 122 found
1. company; corporation
- There is no opening in our firm.
3. CompanyA company is a business organization. It is an associatio... Read more
1. to run
- Look at that boy running.
2. to travel (movement of vehicles); to drive; to flow (e.g. energy)
- はし 。
- This train runs between Tokyo and Osaka.
3. to hurry to
4. to retreat (from battle); to take flight
5. to run away from homeesp. 奔る
6. to elope
7. to tend heavily towardesp. 趨る
- Editors often go to extremes in providing their readers with unimportant facts.
8. to flash; to streak; to shoot through (e.g. pain)
- はし 。
- A shiver ran down my spine.
9. to get involved; to take (to something); to get wrapped up in
10. to run (through) (of a road, street, etc.); to extend (e.g. of a mountain range); to stretch; to lie
11. RunningRunning is a means of terrestrial locomotion allowing hum... Read more
奔る 【はしる】、趨る 【はしる】
1. university; collegeSee also 総合大学
- You should go on to a technical college.
2. former central university of Kyoto (established under the ritsuryo system for the training of government administrators)Abbreviation, See also 大学寮, See also 国学 こくがく
- The majority of the successful candidates were university graduates.
3. the Great Learning (one of the Four Books)See also 四書
4. UniversityA university is an institution of higher education and re... Read more
大學: Out-dated kanji.
1. every day
2. Every Single Day (band)Every Single Day, is a popular all male band from South K... Read more
- うれ 。
- I am happy to hear your voice.
2. singing (of a bird); chirping (of an insect); hoot
- たの 。
- The Japanese enjoy the songs of birds and insects.
3. voice; opinion (as expressed in words); view; wish; attitude; will
- As children are known to emulate the values of adults, it is often pointed out such "education mamas" instill a warped sense of values in their children.
5. sense (of something's arrival); feelingusu. as ～の声を聞く
6. voice; voiced soundlinguistics terminology
7. Human voiceThe human voice consists of sound made by a human being u... Read more
聲: Out-dated kanji.
1. colour; color; hue; tint; tinge; shade
- あ 。
- The color went beautifully with her hair.
2. complexion; skin colour; skin color
3. look (on one's face); expression
- う 。
- A look of contentment appeared on his face.
4. appearance; air; feeling
5. personality; character
6. tone (of one's voice, etc.); tune; sound; ring
7. love; lust; sensuality; love affairSee also 色仕掛け
8. lover; paramour
9. beauty; sexiness; physical appeal
10. kind; type; varietyalso written 種
11. ColorColor or colour is the visual perceptual property corresp... Read more
- That animal feeds on flesh.
- Please freeze the fish and meat.
3. the physical body (as opposed to the spirit)Only applies to にく
- Flesh gives birth to flesh, Spirit gives birth to Spirit.
4. thicknessOnly applies to にく
5. ink padOnly applies to にく, See also 印肉
6. FleshIn vertebrate animals, flesh is the colloquial term for b... Read more
肉 【しし】、宍 【しし】
2. WestWest is a noun, adjective, or adverb indicating direction... Read more
2. BeefBeef is the culinary name for meat from bovines, especial... Read more
1. sound; noise; report
- き 。
- We can hear the ocean from here.
2. noteMusic term
- だ 。
- She struck high notes on the piano.
3. fameOnly applies to おと
4. Chinese-derived character readingOnly applies to おん, See also 訓 くん
5. SoundSound is a mechanical wave that is an oscillation of pres... Read more
音 【ね】、音 【おん】
2. illumination; ray; beam; gleam; glow
3. happiness; hope
4. influence; power
5. vision; eyesight
6. LightVisible light (commonly referred to simply as light) is e... Read more
2. LiteratureLiterature is the art of written work, and is not confine... Read more
1. entry to school or university; matriculation; enrolment (in university, etc.) (enrollment)
2. MatriculationMatriculation, in the broadest sense, means to be registe... Read more
1. woods; forest; copse; thicket
2. bunch; line (of something); collection
1. feather; plume; down
- Fine feathers make fine birds.
- み 。
- I found a bird whose wing was severely damaged.
3. blade (of a fan, propeller, etc.)Only applies to はね
4. shuttlecock (in badminton)Only applies to はね, See also シャトル
5. shuttlecock (in hanetsuki)Only applies to 羽根, See also 羽子 はご, also written as 羽子
6. arrow feathersOnly applies to 羽根, See also 矢羽 やばね
羽根 【はね】、羽 【は】
1. youth; young man
2. YouthYouth is the time of life between childhood and adulthood... Read more
2. ValleyIn geology, a valley or dale is a depression with predomi... Read more
渓 【たに】、谿 【たに】
2. selling (e.g. door-to-door); canvassing
3. DiplomacyDiplomacy (from Latin diploma, meaning an official docume... Read more