Words — 1097 found
1. underground train; subway
2. Rapid transitA rapid transit, underground, subway, elevated railway, m... Read more
1. socks; sock; stockings; stocking
2. SockA sock is an item of clothing worn on the feet. The foot ... Read more
くつ下 【くつした】、沓下 【くつした】
1. basement; cellar; underground place
- も 。
- The house has pipes under the ground to carry dirty water away.
2. underground; below ground
3. secret; under cover
- うたが 。
- He was suspected of underground action.
4. underground (railway); subway; metroColloquialism, Abbreviation
5. Subterranea (geography)Subterranea refers to underground structures, both natura... Read more
1. please give meUsually written using kana alone, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- くだ 。
- I'd like to have some hot chocolate.
2. please do for meUsually written using kana alone, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), after te-form of a verb or a noun prefixed with o- or go-
- Please show me your stamp album.
1. to descend (e.g. a mountain); to go down; to come downesp. 下りる
- The professional skier liked to "hot-dog" down the mountain.
2. to alight (e.g. from bus); to get off; to disembark; to dismountesp. 降りる
- Let's get off here.
3. to step down; to retire; to give up; to quit
4. to be granted; to be issued; to be givenesp. 下りる
5. to form (of frost, dew, mist, etc.)esp. 降りる
- The dew fell this morning.
6. to be passed (from the body; e.g. of a roundworm)See also 下り物, esp. 下りる
1. unskillful; poor; awkwardAntonym: 上手 じょうず
- He comes from England, but is very poor at English.
2. imprudent; untactful
- Take care not to make a foolish move.
1. corridor; hallway; passageway
1. to come down; to go down; to fall; to drop; to sink; to get lowerAntonym: 上がる
2. to hang; to dangle
3. to move back; to step back; to withdraw; to retire
4. to deteriorate; to fall off; to be downgraded
5. to get closer to the present day
6. to go southin Kyoto
下る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. not exceeding; and downward; ... and below
- Children of age sixteen and under will not be admitted to the theatre.
2. below (e.g. standard); under (e.g. a level)
- Your summary is not up to par.
3. the below-mentioned; the following; the rest
- The explanation below was achieved by comparing and contrasting a variety of different theories.
以下 【いげ】、已下 【いか】、已下 【いげ】
1. to hang; to suspend; to wear (e.g. decoration)
2. to lower; to reduce; to bring down
3. to demote; to move back; to pull back
4. to clear (plates); to remove (food, etc. from table or altar)
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. boarding; lodging; board and lodging; room and board
- She boards students.
2. boarding house; lodging house; lodgings
- さが 。
- I was on the hunt for lodgings.
1. diarrhea; diarrhoea
2. DiarrheaDiarrhea, also spelled diarrhoea, is the condition of hav... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. to give; to confer; to bestowHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Usually written using kana alone
2. to kindly do for one; to oblige; to favour; to favorHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Usually written using kana alone
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. down-train; train heading toward the ending point of its route
2. down-slope; downward going
- The downclimb here is also dangerous as there are no handholds.
3. downbound (esp. away from Tokyo)
1. low-lying part of a city (usu. containing shops, factories, etc.)
2. Shitamachi (low-lying area of eastern Tokyo near Tokyo Bay, incl. Asakusa, Shitaya, Kanda, Fukugawa, Honjo, Nihonbashi, Kyobashi and surrounds)See also 山の手
1. to take down (e.g. flag); to launch (e.g. boat); to drop; to lower (e.g. ladder); to let (a person) off; to unload; to discharge
- Can you bring down my trunk from upstairs?
2. to drop off (a passenger from a vehicle); to let (a person) off
- Please let me off on this side of that traffic light.
3. to withdraw (cash)
- Please draw a hundred thousand yen from the bank.
4. to wear (clothing) for the first time
5. to fillet (e.g. a fish)
降ろす 【おろす】、下す 【おろす】
下す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to descend; to go down; to come down
- There is a school down the mountain.
2. to be handed down (of an order, judgment, etc.)
- くだ 。
- He was given ten years and his wife three.
3. to pass (of time)
4. to surrender; to capitulate
5. to be less than; to be inferior tooften in neg. form
6. to have the runs; to have diarrheaSee also 腹が下る, also written as 瀉る
7. to pass (in stool); to be discharged from the body
8. to depreciate oneself; to be humbleArchaism