Words — 2252 found
1. agreement; accord; correspondence; consistency; coincidence
- The fingerprints left on the weapon correspond with the suspect's.
2. union; unity; cooperation
- Let's close ranks and do something new.
4. Agreement (linguistics)In languages, agreement or concord is a form of cross-ref... Read more
1. number one; first; first place
- I will take this tie, as it seems to be the best.
2. best; most
3. game; round; bout
4. as a test; as an experiment; by way of experiment; by way of trial; tentativelySee also 試しに
5. song (e.g. in noh); piece
1. hundred; 100陌 and 佰 are used in legal documents
１００ 【ひゃく】、陌 【ひゃく】、佰 【ひゃく】、一〇〇 【ひゃく】、陌 【はく】、佰 【はく】
- かとおも 、
- No sooner has one typhoon passed than the next one approaches.
2. for one thingoften used in itemized lists
- For one thing, I am poor; for another, I am busy.
3. onlyafter a noun
4. (not) evenwith a verb in negative form
- うご 。
- He did not even raise an eyebrow at the news of his wife's death.
5. just (e.g. "just try it")
6. some kind of; one type of
１つ 【ひとつ】、一 【ひとつ】
一: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. togetherSee also 御一緒
2. at the same time
3. same; identical
一しょ: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. ten; 10拾 is used in legal documents
2. ten years of ageOnly applies to とお
3. book containing a collection of poemsArchaism, Only applies to 什
１０ 【じゅう】、拾 【じゅう】、什 【じゅう】、一〇 【じゅう】、十 【とお】、１０ 【とお】、十 【と】
1. a little; a bit; slightlyUsually written using kana alone
- あいだ 、
- Hold still a moment while I fix your tie.
2. just a minute; for a moment; brieflyUsually written using kana alone
- ひく 。
- This desk is a little low for me.
3. somewhat; rather; fairly; pretty; quiteUsually written using kana alone
- You won't find a better job in a hurry.
4. (not) easily; (not) readilyUsually written using kana alone, before a verb in negative form
- Hey, you there!
5. hey!; come on; excuse meUsually written using kana alone
6. thanks, but no; not feasible; not possibleUsually written using kana alone
一寸 【ちょと】、鳥渡 【ちょっと】、鳥渡 【ちょと】、チョット、ちょいと、チョッと
一寸: Rarely-used kanji form. 一寸: Rarely-used kanji form. 鳥渡: Rarely-used kanji form. 鳥渡: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. one day
- げつ ・
- すい ・
- I work every other day: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
2. all day (long); the whole day; from morning till nightOnly applies to いちにち, See also 一日中
- わたし ｅ—ｍａｉｌ
- My e-mail address will be as follows effective April 1.
3. 1st day of the monthSee also １日 ついたち
一日 【いちじつ】、１日 【いちにち】、１日 【いちじつ】
1. one; 1壱, 弌 and 壹 are used in legal documents
3. first; foremost
- おも 。
- I thought the highest mountain in Tsuyama was Takiyama.
4. beginning; start
5. a (single); one (of many)before a noun
6. ace, See also エース
7. bottom string (on a shamisen, etc.)
１ 【いち】、壱 【いち】、弌 【いち】、壹 【いち】
壹: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. unity; consolidation; uniformity; unification; compatible
2. Political unionA political union is a type of state which is composed of... Read more
1. very hard; with utmost effort; as hard as one can; with all one's might; for dear life; eagerly; desperatelyYojijukugo (four character compound)
一生けんめい 【いっしょうけんめい】、一生けん命 【いっしょうけんめい】
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. once; one time; on one occasion
- むずか 。
- A habit is very difficult to shake off once it is formed.
2. temporarily; for a momentOnly applies to ひとたび
3. one degree; one tone; one musical intervalOnly applies to いちど
- なが 。
- Distance per degree of longitude at equator.
１度 【いちど】、一度 【ひとたび】、１度 【ひとたび】、一たび 【ひとたび】、ひと度 【ひとたび】、一とたび 【ひとたび】
一とたび: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. one (esp. of two); the other; one way; the other way; one direction; the other direction; one side; the other side; one party; the other party
- The floor was painted green, while the walls were yellow.
2. on the one hand; on the other handSee also 他方
- いっぽう 、
- しご 」
- But, then again, Latin was already a "dead language" by that time.
3. whereas; although; but at the same time; meanwhile; in turn
4. just keeps; being inclined to ...; tending to be ...; tending to do ...; continuously ...; just keeps on ...ing; onlyafter noun, adjective-stem or plain verb
- I always buy the English-language books I come across at bookstores. But since I never read them, all they do is pile up.
1. (what) the heck; (why) in the world; (who) on earthbefore an interrogative, forms an emphatic question
- Where on earth did you meet him?
2. one object; one body; unity
- A strike is a mass refusal to work by a body of employees.
3. one form; one style
4. one Buddhist image (or carving, etc.)
5. generally; in generalSee also 一体に
1. (unlikely event of) emergency; the worst(-case scenario); 10000 to 1
- It is wise to save money for a rainy day.
2. (if) by some chance; by some possibility; in the unlikely event that
- し 。
- If by any chance he comes here, I'll let you know at once.
万一 【ばんいち】、万一 【まんいつ】、万一 【ばんいつ】
ばんいち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. まんいつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ばんいつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. single word; a few words; brief comment
ひと言 【ひとこと】、一言 【いちげん】、一言 【いちごん】
1. much more; still more; all the more; more than ever
- You should study still harder.
2. single layer (or storey, etc.)
3. rather; sooner; preferablyArchaism, See also いっそ
1. only; sole; unique
唯一 【ゆいつ】、唯一 【ゆういつ】
ゆういつ: Irregular kana usage.