Words — 2162 found
1. whole life; a lifetime; all through life; one existence; a generation; an age; the whole world; the era
- You must study your whole life.
2. (the only, the greatest, etc.) of one's life
- A home is a once-in-a-lifetime purchase so you don't want to make any snap decisions.
1. a family; a household; a home; one's family; whole family
- The Johnsons love to have parties.
2. (one's own) style; school
3. gang; (yakuza) family
1. general; universal
2. ordinary; average; common; non-celebrityAntonym: 特殊
3. the same; no different; (just) as ifArchaism
1. instant; moment; for an instant
1. one o'clock
2. once; at one time; formerly; before
3. for a time; for a while; for the time being; for the present; for the moment; temporarilyin weather forecasts, indicates that a given condition will hold for less than one-quarter of the forecast period
4. a time; one time; onceSee also 一時に
1. more or less; though not quite satisfactorily; after a fashion; pretty much; roughly; so far as it goes
2. tentatively; for the time being
3. just in case
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. one by one; each; one at a time
１人１人 【ひとりひとり】、一人ひとり 【ひとりひとり】、一人一人 【ひとりびとり】、１人１人 【ひとりびとり】
1. onceUsually written using kana alone
- What is done cannot be undone.
2. for a short time; briefly; temporarilyUsually written using kana alone
- Having once landed the monster immediately jumped again and was over my head.
3. one morningArchaism
1. day before yesterday
2. Daytime (astronomy)On Earth, daytime is roughly the period on any given poin... Read more
一昨日 【おとつい】、一昨日 【いっさくじつ】
おととい: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). おとつい: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading).
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. all; everything; entirety; the whole
2. absolutely (not); (not) at all; (none) whatsoever; without exceptionwith neg. verb
1. first-class; top grade; foremost; top-notch; leading
2. characteristic; peculiar; unique
3. school (e.g. of a performance art)
4. one flag; one banner; one streameralso written as 一旒
1. fixed; settled; constant; definite; uniform; regularized; regularised; defined; standardized; standardised; certain; prescribed
1. one-by-one; separatelyUsually written using kana alone
- み 。
- John picked up the articles one by one and examined them.
2. every single; each and every; without omission; fully; in detailUsually written using kana alone
- い 。
- He finds faults with everything I do.
1. more; much more; still more; all the more
- す 。
- I was at a musical recently, in the third row. Seeing the actor I love up close like that made me feel more smitten with him than ever.
2. step; rung; level; rank
3. paragraph; passage
1. by itself; automatically; naturallyUsually written using kana alone
一人でに: Irregular kanji usage.
1. soliloquy; monologue; speaking to oneself
ひとり言 【ひとりごと】、独りごと 【ひとりごと】、一人言 【ひとりごと】、一人ごと 【ひとりごと】
1. for now; for the time being; for the presentUsually written using kana alone
2. though not quite satisfactorily; after a fashionUsually written using kana alone
一先 【ひとまず】、一まず 【ひとまず】、ひと先ず 【ひとまず】、一と先ず 【ひとまず】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. one part; one portion; one section; some
- おも 。
- Some people believe that Japan is No.1 in everything.
2. one copy (e.g. of a document)