Words — 8735 found
Common word Links
1. indicates sentence topicpronounced わ in modern Japanese
- New York's Fifth Avenue is comparable to Ginza.
2. indicates contrast with another option (stated or unstated)
- Whew! This is a tough hill. But coming back sure will be a breeze.
3. adds emphasis
- I'm leaving you tomorrow.
4. Ha (kana)は, in hiragana, or ハ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
2. Human toothTeeth of humans are small, calcified, whitish structures ... Read more
齒: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. leaf; blade (of grass); (pine) needle
2. LeafA leaf is an organ of a vascular plant, as defined in bot... Read more
1. edge (of a knife or sword)
2. prong (of an electrical plug)
3. BladeA blade is that portion of a tool, weapon, or machine wit... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. feather; plume; down
- Fine feathers make fine birds.
- み 。
- I found a bird whose wing was severely damaged.
3. blade (of a fan, propeller, etc.)Only applies to 羽根
4. shuttlecock (in badminton)Only applies to はね, See also シャトル
5. shuttlecock (in hanetsuki)Only applies to 羽根, See also 羽子 はご, also written as 羽子
6. arrow feathersOnly applies to 羽根, See also 矢羽 やばね
羽根 【はね】、羽 【は】
1. supremacy (over a nation); hegemony; domination; leadershipSee also 覇を唱える
2. championship; victory
1. third in a sequence denoted by the iroha system; third note in the diatonic scale (used in key names, etc.)
1. to run
- Look at that boy running.
2. to run (of a vehicle); to drive; to travel; to move; to sail
- はし 。
- This train runs between Tokyo and Osaka.
3. to rush (to); to dash; to race
- はし 。
- He made a dash for the bus.
4. to retreat; to flee; to defect (to)
5. to run away; to abscond; to elopeocc. 奔る
6. to flash (of lightning); to streak; to shoot (through; e.g. of pain); to run (through); to flare; to flit (e.g. across one's face); to spread quickly (of news, shock, etc.)
- はし 。
- A shiver ran down my spine.
7. to go (e.g. bad, to extremes); to become; to turn; to take to (e.g. crime); to get carried away by (e.g. one's emotions); to get involved in; to get wrapped up inas 〜に走る; occ. 趨る
- Some children resort to suicide in order to escape from unbearable pressure.
8. to run (through; of a road, street, etc.); to extend (e.g. of a mountain range); to stretch; to lie
- はし 。
- The road wound through the fields.
9. RunningRunning is a means of terrestrial locomotion allowing hum... Read more
奔る 【はしる】、趨る 【はしる】
1. flower; blossom; bloom; petal
- ゆうめい 水戸
- みにい 。
- We visited Mito Park, which is famous for its plum blossoms.
2. cherry blossom
4. blooming (esp. of cherry blossoms)
5. ikebanaSee also 生け花
6. hanafudaHanafuda, Abbreviation, See also 花札
- はな 。
- Speech is silver, silence is gold.
7. (the) bestSee also 言わぬが花, usu. as 〜が花
8. glorious; lovely
9. FlowerA flower, sometimes known as a bloom or blossom, is the r... Read more
1. box; case; chest; package; pack; crate
- あ 。
- Twist that knob to the right and the box will open.
2. car (of a train, etc.)
3. shamisen case; shamisen
4. public building; community buildingColloquialism, See also 箱物, often written as ハコ
5. man who carries a geisha's shamisenArchaism, See also 箱屋
6. receptacle for human waste; feces (faeces)Archaism
7. counter for boxes (or boxed objects)
8. BoxBox describes a variety of containers and receptacles for... Read more
函 【はこ】、匣 【はこ】、筥 【はこ】、筐 【はこ】、凾 【はこ】、ハコ
2. BridgeA bridge is a structure built to span physical obstacles ... Read more
1. spring; springtime
- Many plants bloom in the spring.
2. New Year
3. prime (of life); height (of one's prosperity); heyday
4. adolescence; puberty
5. sexuality; sexual desire
6. Spring (season)Spring is one of the four temperate seasons, the transiti... Read more
2. NoseAnatomically, a nose is a protuberance in vertebrates tha... Read more
2. ChopsticksChopsticks are short, frequently tapered sticks used in p... Read more
2. AshtrayAn ashtray is a receptacle for ash and butts from cigaret... Read more
1. (flower) vase
2. VaseA vase is an open container, often used to hold cut flowe... Read more
花びん 【かびん】、花瓶 【はながめ】、花瓶 【かへい】