Words — 2314 found
2. ChildBiologically, a child is generally a human between the st... Read more
子ども 【こども】、小供 【こども】
小供: Irregular kanji usage.
1. hat; cap
2. HeadgearHeadgear, headwear or headdress is the name given to any ... Read more
1. chair; stool
- Could you move the chair a bit?
2. post; office; position
- He is a natural to win the Presidency.
3. ChairA chair is a raised surface used to sit on, commonly for ... Read more
倚子: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. eggs; egg; spawn; roeOnly applies to 卵
- Pack eggs in dozens.
2. (hen's) egg玉子 oft. used in cooking
- Boil the eggs hard.
3. (an expert) in the makingOnly applies to 卵
- He's a future doctor.
4. beginning; origin; infancyOnly applies to 卵
5. Egg (biology)In zoology, an egg is an organic vessel in which an embry... Read more
- き 。
- The mother whipped sense into her boy.
2. penisVulgar expression or word, Only applies to むすこ
3. SonA son is a male offspring; a boy or man in relation to hi... Read more
むす子 【むすこ】、息 【むすこ】、息 【そく】
そく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. sand; grit
2. SandSand is a naturally occurring granular material composed ... Read more
沙 【すな】、砂 【いさご】、沙 【いさご】、砂子 【いさご】
1. feather; plume; down
- Fine feathers make fine birds.
- み 。
- I found a bird whose wing was severely damaged.
3. blade (of a fan, propeller, etc.)Only applies to 羽根
4. shuttlecock (in badminton)Only applies to はね, See also シャトル
5. shuttlecock (in hanetsuki)Only applies to 羽根, See also 羽子 はご, also written as 羽子
6. arrow feathersOnly applies to 羽根, See also 矢羽 やばね
羽根 【はね】、羽 【は】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
- Do you have an electronic typewriter?
3. ElectronThe electron is a subatomic particle with a negative elem... Read more
1. confections; sweets; candy; cakeSee also 菓子
1. ladderUsually written using kana alone
- お 。
- He lost his balance and fell off the ladder.
2. stairsUsually written using kana alone
3. going to several places in succession (e.g. barhopping)Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to はしご, Only applies to ハシゴ
4. LadderA ladder is a vertical or inclined set of rungs or steps.... Read more
梯 【はしご】、階子 【はしご】、梯子 【ていし】、ハシゴ
階子: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. shoji (paper sliding door)
2. ShōjiIn traditional Japanese architecture, a shōji (障子) is a d... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. screwUsually written using kana alone
- This machine cranks out a thousand screws an hour.
2. key (of a clock, watch, etc.); springUsually written using kana alone
3. HelixA helix is a type of smooth space curve, i.e. a curve in ... Read more
捻子 【ねじ】、捩子 【ねじ】、螺旋 【ねじ】、螺子 【らし】、ネジ
螺子: Rarely-used kanji form. 捻子: Rarely-used kanji form. 捩子: Rarely-used kanji form. 螺旋: Rarely-used kanji form. 螺子: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. child; kid; teenager; youngster; young (non-adult) person
- あま 。
- The child played the baby to his mother.
2. (one's) child; offspring
3. young womanalso 娘
- こ 、
- Ha-ha ... She isn't human. She's a robot; A-n-d-r-o-i-d.
4. young (animal)See also 仔 こ
6. interestSee also 元も子もない
7. new shareFinance, Abbreviation, See also 子株
8. player who is not a dealer, Mahjong, See also 親
9. young geisha; young prostitutealso 姑
10. bird eggArchaism
11. -er (often of young women)after a noun or -masu stem
- He was born within the sound of the Bow bells.
2. person without friendsOnly applies to こじ
3. OrphanFor orphaned articles in Wikipedia, see For other uses, s... Read more
孤児 【みなしご】、孤 【みなしご】、みなし子 【みなしご】
2. AtomThe atom is a basic unit of matter that consists of a den... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. interest (on a loan, deposit, etc.)
2. InterestInterest is a fee paid by a borrower of assets to the own... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
- A water molecule has two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.
3. member; element
4. MoleculeA molecule is an electrically neutral group of two or mor... Read more