Words — 2145 found
2. ChildBiologically, a child is generally a human between the st... Read more
子ども 【こども】、小供 【こども】
小供: Irregular kanji usage.
1. hat; cap
2. HeadgearHeadgear, headwear or headdress is the name given to any ... Read more
1. chair; stool
- Could you move the chair a bit?
2. post; office; position
- He is a natural to win the Presidency.
3. ChairA chair is a raised surface used to sit on, commonly for ... Read more
倚子: Out-dated kanji.
1. eggs; egg; spawn; roeOnly applies to 卵
- Pack eggs in dozens.
2. hen egg
- Boil the eggs hard.
3. (an expert) in the makingOnly applies to 卵
- He is a future doctor.
4. beginning; origin; infancyOnly applies to 卵
5. Egg (biology)In zoology, an egg is an organic vessel in which an embry... Read more
- き 。
- The mother whipped sense into her boy.
2. penisVulgar, Only applies to むすこ
3. SonA son is a male offspring; a boy or man in relation to hi... Read more
むす子 【むすこ】、息 【むすこ】、息 【そく】
そく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. sand; grit
2. gold dust; silver dustOnly applies to すなご
3. SandSand is a naturally occurring granular material composed ... Read more
沙 【すな】、砂子 【すなご】、沙子 【すなご】、砂 【いさご】、沙 【いさご】、砂子 【いさご】、沙子 【いさご】
1. feather; plume; down
- Fine feathers make fine birds.
2. wing翅 esp. refers to insect wings
- み 。
- I found a bird whose wing was severely damaged.
3. blade (of a fan, propeller, etc.)
4. shuttlecockSee also シャトルコック
5. arrow feathersOnly applies to 羽根, See also 矢羽 やばね
羽根 【はね】、翅 【はね】、羽子 【はね】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. confectionery; sweets; candy; cake
2. ConfectioneryConfectionery is the set of food items that are rich in s... Read more
1. electronPhysics terminology
- Do you have an electronic typewriter?
3. ElectronThe electron is a subatomic particle with a negative elem... Read more
1. girl; daughter
2. young woman
女の児 【おんなのこ】、女のコ 【おんなのコ】、おんにゃのこ
1. boy; male child; baby boy
男の児 【おとこのこ】、男のコ 【おとこのコ】
男の児: Out-dated kanji.
1. confections; sweets; candy
1. ladderUsually written using kana alone
- お 。
- He lost his balance and fell off the ladder.
2. stairsUsually written using kana alone
3. going to several places in succession (e.g. barhopping)Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to はしご, Only applies to ハシゴ
4. LadderA ladder is a vertical or inclined set of rungs or steps.... Read more
階子 【はしご】、梯 【はしご】、梯子 【ていし】、ハシゴ
1. shoji (paper sliding door)
2. ShōjiIn traditional Japanese architecture, a shōji (障子) is a d... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. screwUsually written using kana alone
- This machine cranks out a thousand screws an hour.
2. key (of a clock, watch, etc.); spring (of a clock, watch, etc.)
3. HelixA helix is a type of smooth space curve, i.e. a curve in ... Read more
捻子 【ねじ】、捩子 【ねじ】、螺旋 【ねじ】、螺子 【らし】、ネジ
- あま 。
- The child played the baby to his mother.
2. young (animal)See also 仔 こ
- あた 。
- A whale is a mammal; in other words it feeds milk to its young.
3. young woman; young geishaalso 娘
- こ 、
- Ha-ha ... She isn't human. She's a robot; A-n-d-r-o-i-d.
5. interestSee also 元も子もない
6. new sharesAbbreviation, See also 子株
7. player who is not a dealer (in cards, mahjong, etc.)See also 親 おや
8. bird eggArchaism
- He was born within the sound of the Bow bells.
9. -er (often of young women)after a noun or -masu stem
2. person without friendsOnly applies to こじ
3. OrphanFor orphaned articles in Wikipedia, see For other uses, s... Read more
孤児 【みなしご】、孤 【みなしご】、みなし子 【みなしご】
2. AtomThe atom is a basic unit of matter that consists of a den... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. interest (on a loan, deposit, etc.)
2. InterestInterest is a fee paid by a borrower of assets to the own... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
- A water molecule has two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.
3. member; element
4. MoleculeA molecule is an electrically neutral group of two or mor... Read more