Words — 467 found
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. straight (ahead); direct; upright; erectUsually written using kana alone
- Did you go straight home after school yesterday?
2. straightforward; honest; frankUsually written using kana alone
真っすぐ 【まっすぐ】、真っ直 【まっすぐ】、真直ぐ 【まっすぐ】、真すぐ 【まっすぐ】
真直ぐ: Irregular okurigana usage. 真すぐ: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. vacuum; hollow; empty
2. VacuumVacuum is space that is empty of matter. The word stems f... Read more
2. PearlA pearl is a hard object produced within the soft tissue ... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
2. TruthTruth has a variety of meanings, primarily being in accor... Read more
1. bright red; deep red; flushed (of face)
- つ 。
- The deep red of the setting sun portended fine weather.
2. downright (e.g. lie); complete; utter
- That's a blessed lie.
まっ赤 【まっか】、真赤 【まっか】
真赤: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. indeed; really; absolutely; truly; actually; very; quiteSee also 実に じつに
真に 【まことに】、寔に 【まことに】、洵に 【まことに】、真に 【しんに】
1. serious; honest; sober; grave; earnest; steady
真面目: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 眞面目: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. imitating; copying; mimicry
2. behavior; behaviour; action; conduct
1. serious; earnest
- George is not serious about his study.
2. real sword (as opposed to a wooden practice weapon)
- しんけん ？」「
- "Dad, this a real sword?" "Of course, it is a duel after all."
1. by no means; never!; well, I never!; you don't say!; certainly (not)Usually written using kana alone
2. something unexpected; emergencyUsually written using kana alone, See also まさかの時
3. currently; for the time being; presently; for nowUsually written using kana alone, Archaism
4. indeed; really; truly; unexpectedlyUsually written using kana alone, Obscure term, See also 本当に
1. total darkness; pitch dark
- It was pitch black outside.
2. bleak future; poor prospects
真暗 【まっくら】、まっ暗 【まっくら】
1. the head; the foremost; beginning; the very front
まっ先 【まっさき】、真先 【まっさき】
真先: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. pure white
2. blank (e.g. mind, paper)
まっ白 【まっしろ】、真白 【まっしろ】、真白 【ましろ】
ましろ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. deep blue; bright blue
2. ghastly pale; pallid; white as a sheet
まっ青 【まっさお】、真青 【まっさお】
真青: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. pitch black
まっ黒 【まっくろ】、真黒 【まっくろ】