Words — 2435 found
Common word Links
1. indicates possessiveSee also 乃, occasionally ん, orig. written 乃 or 之
- Visit my webpage and find out more about me.
2. nominalizes verbs and adjectives
- As time went on, rules were added to the game to make it safer.
3. substitutes for "ga" in subordinate phrasesSee also が
- There were almost 100 people, few of whom I had seen before.
4. (at sentence-end, falling tone) indicates a confident conclusionoften ん
5. (at sentence-end) indicates emotional emphasisFemale term or language
- My father doesn't let me go out alone at night.
6. (at sentence-end, rising tone) indicates question
- Do you have a part time job?
7. No (kana)の, in hiragana, or ノ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. plain; field
2. hidden (structural) memberOnly applies to の
3. wildOnly applies to の, See also 野ウサギ
- はな 。
- This wild rose gives off a sweet scent.
4. lacking a political postOnly applies to や
野 【や】、野 【ぬ】、埜 【の】、埜 【や】、埜 【ぬ】
ぬ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ぬ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. 's; of; belonging toArchaism, See also の, indicates possessive; 之 used esp. on tombs
1. unit of measurement for cloth breadth (30-38 cm)after a number in the hito-, futa-, mi- counting system
1. to drink; to gulp; to swallow; to take (medicine)呑む often means swallowing whole, gulping, etc.
- Must I take this medicine?
2. to smoke (tobacco)See also 喫む, also written 喫む
3. to engulf; to overwhelm
4. to keep down; to suppress
5. to accept (e.g. demand, condition)
6. to make light of; to conceal
7. DrinkingDrinking is the act of ingesting water or other drinks th... Read more
呑む 【のむ】、飮む 【のむ】
飮む: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. vehicle; conveyance; transport
2. ride (playground, fair, carnival); playground facility
3. VehicleA vehicle is a mobile machine that is designed or used to... Read more
2. AgricultureAgriculture (also called farming or husbandry) is the cul... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. farmer; farming family
3. School of Agrarianism (China); School of AgronomistsHistorical term
4. FarmerA farmer is a person engaged in agriculture, who raises l... Read more
1. talent; gift; function
2. noh (theatre)
- Noh is a traditional Japanese art.
3. Noh, or Nogaku —derived from the Sino-Japanese word for "ski... Read more
1. to get on (train, plane, bus, ship, etc.); to get in; to board; to take; to embark
- I'm catching the 11:00 train.
2. to get on (e.g. a footstool); to step on; to jump on; to sit on; to mountSee also 載る のる
- You really put that much in the sandwich?
3. to reach; to go over; to pass
- だま 」
- まちが 。
- If you say "I was tricked," well that's certainly so but there's no mistaking that you were the one who signed up on a "sweet deal".
4. to follow; to stay (on track); to go with (the times, etc.)
5. to take part; to participate; to join
6. to get into the swing (and sing, dance, etc.)
7. to be deceived; to be taken in
8. to be carried; to be spread; to be scatteredusu. with an adverb of manner, e.g. よく乗る
9. to stick; to attach; to take; to go onusu. with an adverb of manner, e.g. よく乗る
乘る: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to ascend; to go up; to climbOnly applies to 上る, Only applies to 登る
- You cannot climb!
2. to ascend (as a natural process, e.g. the Sun); to riseOnly applies to 上る, Only applies to 昇る
- The sun was coming up then.
3. to go to (the capital)Only applies to 上る
4. to be promotedOnly applies to 昇る
5. to add up toOnly applies to 上る
- The loss adds up to more than one million dollars.
6. to advance (in price)Only applies to 上る
- Prices are rising.
7. to swim up (a river); to sail upOnly applies to 上る
- They rowed up the river.
8. to come up (on the agenda)Only applies to 上る
- こうもく （
- ぎろん ）
- つづ 。
- Let's proceed with the items on the agenda.
登る 【のぼる】、昇る 【のぼる】
1. drink; beverage
飲みもの 【のみもの】、飲物 【のみもの】
1. farm (agriculture)
3. FarmA farm is an area of land, or, for aquaculture, lake, riv... Read more
1. transfer (trains, buses, etc.); change; connection
- Is it necessary to change trains along the way?
2. switch (to another ideology, party, system, method, etc.); change; conversion
3. switching (stock)Finance
4. chromosomal crossover; crossing overBiology, See also 交差
乗換 【のりかえ】、乗換え 【のりかえ】、乗り替え 【のりかえ】
乗り替え: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. agricultural produce
2. CropA crop is a non-animal species or variety that is grown t... Read more
1. agricultural chemical (i.e. pesticide, herbicide, fungicide, etc.); agrochemical; agrichemical
2. PesticidePesticides are substances or mixture of substances intend... Read more
1. to remain; to be left
1. to transfer (trains); to change (bus, train)
- Change trains at Tokyo Station.
2. to change (to another ideology, party, company, etc.); to switch (to a different system, method, etc.); to move on to (e.g. a new love interest)
- Why don't you just call a spade a spade and admit that she dumped you for that American guy she met at the English school?
乗りかえる 【のりかえる】、乗換える 【のりかえる】、乗り替える 【のりかえる】、乗替える 【のりかえる】
2. brains; mind
3. BrainThe brain is the center of the nervous system in all vert... Read more