Words — 2910 found
Common word Links
1. large; big; great; huge; vast; major; important; serious; severe
- そんがいをあた 。
- The storm did great harm to the crop.
2. great; prominent; eminent; distinguished
3. -sized; as big as; the size of
- きえさ 。
- In the blink of an eye, the tennis-ball-sized dumpling had disappeared.
4. universityAbbreviation, See also 大学
- She was accepted at Harvard.
5. large (e.g. serving size); large option
- Large or small?
6. long month (i.e. having 31 days)Abbreviation, See also 大の月
Common word Links
1. large; big; great; major; important; serious; heavy; loudSee also 大 だい
2. older; senior
3. final; ultimate
4. rough; broad; general
1. university; college
- You should go on to a technical college.
2. former imperial university of Japan (established under the ritsuryō system for the training of government administrators)Historical term, Abbreviation, See also 大学寮
- The majority of the successful candidates were university graduates.
3. the Great Learning (one of the Four Books)See also 四書
4. UniversityA university is an institution of higher education and re... Read more
大學: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. adult; grown-up
2. AdultAn adult is a human being or living organism that is of r... Read more
Common word JLPT N5 Links
2. Diplomatic missionA diplomatic mission is a group of people from one state ... Read more
1. president (of a nation)
2. big man; boss; buddy; mateFamiliar language, used vocatively; esp. of an actor
3. PresidentA president is a leader of an organization, company, club... Read more
2. continental Asia (esp. mainland China)
3. continental Europe
4. ContinentA continent is one of several very large landmasses on Ea... Read more
1. cabinet minister
2. Minister (government)A minister is a politician who holds significant public o... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
2. AmbassadorAn ambassador is the highest ranking diplomat who represe... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. main street
3. Main StreetMain Street is the metonym for a generic street name (and... Read more
1. very; greatly; terribly; awfully
- つか 。
- I am dead tired from walking around all day.
2. immense; enormous; great
- おも 。
- At the risk of sticking my neck out, I think that if we do that, we're making a big, big mistake.
3. serious; grave; dreadful; terrible
- There will be hell to pay if I don't make this deadline.
4. difficult; hard; challenging
5. major incident; disasterArchaism
1. big; large; great
- What a big house you have!
- Louder, please.
3. extensive; spacious
4. important; decisive; valuable
5. older; grown up
1. important; significant; serious; crucial
- In judo, technique is more important than strength.
2. precious; valuable; dear; cherished; beloved
- くだ 。
- Please don't leave valuable things here.
3. carefulSee also 大切に, usu. adverbially as ～に
- I keep old books with care.
たいせち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. liking very much; loving (something or someone); adoring; being very fond of
1. safe; secure; sound; problem-free; without fear; all right; alright; OK; okay
- She is all right at the moment.
2. certainly; surely; undoubtedly
- No, no, that's okay.
3. no thanks; I'm good; that's alrightColloquialism
4. great man; fine figure of a manArchaism, Only applies to だいじょうぶ, See also 大丈夫 だいじょうふ
1. crowd of people; great number of people
2. in great numbers
大勢 【たいぜい】、大ぜい 【おおぜい】、大ぜい 【たいぜい】