Words — 4368 found
Common word Links
1. too; also; in addition; as well; (not) either (in a negative sentence)
- こわ 。
- Andersen was afraid of dogs, too.
2. both A and B; A as well as B; neither A nor B (in a negative sentence)as ＡもＢも
3. even; as much as; as many as; as far as; as long as; no less than; no fewer thanused for emphasis or to express absence of doubt regarding a quantity, etc.
- No less than 40 percent of students go on to university.
4. even if; even though; although; in spite ofoften as 〜ても, 〜でも, 〜とも, etc.
5. further; more; again; another; the otherColloquialism, Abbreviation, See also もう
6. Mo (kana)も, in hiragana, or モ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
2. calamity; misfortuneArchaism, Only applies to も
3. MourningMourning is, in the simplest sense, synonymous with grief... Read more
1. question (e.g. on a test); problem
2. problem (e.g. societal, political); question; issue; subject (e.g. of research); case; matter
3. question (i.e. doubt)
4. public discussion; controversy
5. trouble; problem; inconvenience; difficulty
6. ProblemA problem is an obstacle, impediment, difficulty or chall... Read more
2. ThursdayThursday is the fourth or fifth day of the week. Accordin... Read more
- す 。
- Wild animals live in the forest.
2. shrine groveSee also 鎮守の杜, esp. 杜
1. 100; hundred陌 and 佰 are used in legal documents
１００ 【ひゃく】、陌 【ひゃく】、佰 【ひゃく】、一〇〇 【ひゃく】、百 【もも】、陌 【はく】、佰 【はく】
1. origin; sourceusu. 元
- It was under these circumstances that the constitutional crisis began.
2. base; basis; foundation; rootesp. 基
- The basis of this system is that the students must take turns in teaching, they have to help each other.
3. causealso 因, 原
- し 。
- The clerk died from overwork.
4. ingredient; materialesp. 素
5. (somebody's) side; (somebody's) locationOnly applies to 元
- He had no idea why his wife left him.
6. original cost (or capital, principal, etc.)
7. (plant) root; (tree) trunk
8. first section of a wakaSee also 和歌
9. counter for blades of grass, tree trunks, etc., and for falcons (in falconry)Only applies to 本
10. handle (chopsticks, brush, etc.); grip
11. BookA book is a set of written, printed, illustrated, or blan... Read more
本 【もと】、素 【もと】、基 【もと】
1. story; tale; narrative; account; fable; legend
2. Monogatariis a literary form in traditional Japanese literature, an... Read more
物語り: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. letter (of alphabet); character
- Oh? You can type without looking at the keyboard. That's cool!
2. writingOnly applies to もんじ
3. Writing system]] Writing systems</tr> History Grapheme List of writing ... Read more
2. BlanketA blanket is a type of bedding, generally speaking, a lar... Read more
1. pattern; figure; design
2. state; condition
3. conjecture of the current situation; the way it seems
4. model; pattern; example
5. indicates that something seems likely (e.g. rain or storm)after a noun
6. framework (in go); territorial framework; moyo
7. Motif (visual arts)In art, a motif (pronunciation) is an element of a patte... Read more
1. lumber; timber; wood
3. WoodWood is a hard, fibrous tissue found in many trees. It ha... Read more
1. warrior; samurai
3. Samuraiis the term for the military nobility of pre-industrial J... Read more
武士 【もののふ】、武夫 【ぶふ】
1. to hold (in one's hand); to take; to carry
- Shall I carry your coat?
2. to possess; to have; to own
- も 。
- I'm a holder of ABC Travel Insurance.
3. to maintain; to keep
4. to last; to be durable; to keep; to survive
5. to take charge of; to be in charge of
6. to hold (meeting, etc.); to have (opportunity, etc.)
- も 。
- We've had several meetings.
7. to have "it"; to have that special something; to be blessed with good luckColloquialism, esp. as 持ってる
1. writing; composition; essay; article; passage; prose; (writing) style
- His writing is very subjective.
2. sentenceSee also 文 ぶん
- ひっしゃ 、
- First, in order to get a feel for your favourite author's work, transcribe and copy in full.
文章 【もんじょう】、文章 【もんぞう】
もんじょう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. もんぞう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. thing; object; article; stuff; substance
- Don't beat around the bush.
2. one's things; possessions; property; belongingsas 〜のもの, 〜のもん
- Robert used to help his father in the store on weekends.
3. things; something; anything; everything; nothing
- I'd like to see your sister.
- Wilson's solution is similar to Hudson's in that they used the same constants.
5. reason; the way of things
6. used to emphasize emotion, judgment, etc.; used to indicate a common occurrence in the past (after a verb in past tense); used to indicate a general tendency; used to indicate something that should happenUsually written using kana alone, formal noun often used as 〜ものだ
- こ 、
- I used to come to this beach when I was a boy.
7. item classified as ...; item related to ...; work in the genre of ...Usually written using kana alone
8. cause of ...; cause for ...
9. somehow; somewhat; for some reasonOnly applies to もの, See also 物寂しい ものさびしい
10. really; trulyOnly applies to もの, See also 物珍しい ものめずらしい
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. fur; skin; pelt
- てにい 。
- The colonists bartered with the natives for fur.
2. kanji "fur" radicalOnly applies to けがわ
3. FurFur is a synonym for hair, used more in reference to non-... Read more
毛皮 【もうひ】、毛革 【けがわ】、毛革 【もうひ】