Words — 307 found
1. eye; eyeball
- い 。
- Right, I said, shivering at this recital as a man would who gets hysterical while taking a shower if a bit of soap stings his eye.
2. eyesight; sight; visionSee also 目が見える
- Helen Keller was blind, deaf and mute.
3. look; stare; gaze; glance
- なが 。
- He regarded her with worship in his eyes.
4. notice; attention; observation; eyes (of the world, public, etc.)
5. an experience
7. discrimination; discernment; judgement; eye (e.g. for quality)
9. chance to succeed; possibilitySee also 目がない
10. spacing (between crossed strands of a net, mesh, etc.); opening; stitch; texture; weaveSee also 編み目
11. grain (of wood)
12. eye (of a storm, needle, etc.)
13. intersection (on a go board); square (on a chess board)
14. dot (on a dice); pip; rolled number
15. graduation; division (of a scale)
16. tooth (of a saw, comb, etc.)
17. ordinal number suffix
- Turn right at the second corner.
18. somewhat; -ishUsually written using kana alone, See also 大きめ
19. point (e.g. of change)See also 変わり目, following -masu stem
20. EyeEyes are organs that detect light and convert it into ele... Read more
1. mark (for quick identification or recognition); sign
2. landmark; guide
3. trademarkArchaism, Edo period term
目標 【めじるし】、目じるし 【めじるし】
1. to be conspicuous; to stand out
1. absurd; unreasonable; nonsensical; preposterous; incoherentUsually written using kana alone
2. extreme; senseless; reckless; wantonUsually written using kana alone
- I feel a lot better now, but I know Dad's going to be real upset.
3. disorderly; chaotic; confused; messyUsually written using kana alone
- The earthquake smashed everything.
4. incredibly; really; so; superUsually written using kana alone
目茶苦茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 滅茶苦茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. dizziness; giddiness; vertigoUsually written using kana alone
眩暈 【めまい】、目まい 【めまい】、目眩い 【めまい】、眩暈 【げんうん】
目眩い: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to wake up; to awake
2. to awaken to (instinct, ability, perception, etc.); to become aware of; to become conscious of; to realize
3. to come to one's senses
目ざめる 【めざめる】、目醒める 【めざめる】
1. remarkable; striking; brilliant; splendid; spectacular; wonderful
目覚しい 【めざましい】、目ざましい 【めざましい】、目醒しい 【めざましい】
目醒しい: Irregular kanji usage.
1. look (in someone's eyes); expression (of the eyes); eyes
目付き 【めつき】、眼つき 【めつき】、眼付き 【めつき】、眼付 【めつき】
眼つき: Irregular kanji usage. 眼付き: Irregular kanji usage. 眼付: Irregular kanji usage, Irregular okurigana usage.
1. gradations (on a ruler, thermometer, etc.); division; scale
1. alarm clock
2. Alarm clockAn alarm clock is a clock that is designed to make a loud... Read more
目覚まし時計 【めざましとけい】、目覚し時計 【めざましどけい】、目覚し時計 【めざましとけい】
1. eye drops; eyewash
2. Eye dropEye drops are saline-containing drops used as a ocular ro... Read more
1. before one's eyes; in front of one; under one's nose
2. immediate; imminent; around the corner
1. mark; guide; landmark
2. purpose; aim; goal; intention; end
3. sight (on a firearm)See also 照準器
目あて 【めあて】、目当 【めあて】
目当: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. before one's eyes; under one's nose
2. immediate (e.g. interests); present; at hand; short-run
- You must not think about your immediate profit only.
3. foresight; near future