1. eye; eyeball
- She has beautiful eyes.
2. eyesight; sight; visionSee also 目が見える
- Helen Keller was blind, deaf and mute.
3. look; stare; gaze; glance
- なが 。
- He regarded her with worship in his eyes.
4. notice; attention; observation; eyes (of the world, public, etc.)
5. an experience
7. discrimination; discernment; judgement; eye (e.g. for quality)
8. (an) appearance
9. chance (of success); possibility (of a good result)See also 目がない
10. spacing (between crossed strands of a net, mesh, etc.); opening; stitch; texture; weaveSee also 編み目
11. grain (of wood)
12. eye (of a storm, needle, etc.)
13. intersection (on a go board); square (on a chessboard)
14. dot (on a dice); pip; rolled number
15. graduation; division (of a scale)
16. tooth (of a saw, comb, etc.)
17. ordinal number suffix
- Turn right at the second corner.
18. somewhat; -ishUsually written using kana alone, See also 大きめ, after adjective stem
Log in to talk about this word.