1. eye; eyeball
- い 。
- Right, I said, shivering at this recital as a man would who gets hysterical while taking a shower if a bit of soap stings his eye.
2. eyesight; sight; visionSee also 目が見える
- Helen Keller was blind, deaf and mute.
3. look; stare; gaze; glance
- なが 。
- He regarded her with worship in his eyes.
4. notice; attention; observation; eyes (of the world, public, etc.)
5. an experience
7. discrimination; discernment; judgement; eye (e.g. for quality)
9. chance to succeed; possibilitySee also 目がない
10. spacing (between crossed strands of a net, mesh, etc.); opening; stitch; texture; weaveSee also 編み目
11. grain (of wood)
12. eye (of a storm, needle, etc.)
13. intersection (on a go board); square (on a chess board)
14. dot (on a dice); pip; rolled number
15. graduation; division (of a scale)
16. tooth (of a saw, comb, etc.)
17. ordinal number suffix
- Turn right at the second corner.
18. somewhat; -ishUsually written using kana alone, See also 大きめ, after adj. stem
19. point (e.g. of change)See also 変わり目, following -masu stem
Log in to talk about this word.