Words — 310 found
1. before one's eyes; under one's nose
2. immediate (e.g. interests); present; at hand; short-run
- You must not think about your immediate profit only.
3. foresight; near future
Common word Links
1. disorderly; messy; ruinedUsually written using kana alone
- Who's gone and messed up my list of names?
2. absurd; unreasonable; excessive; rashUsually written using kana alone
3. very; extremelyUsually written using kana alone
目茶目茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 滅茶滅茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. criterion; standard; yardstick; reference; aim
2. rough estimate; approximation
1. something used to cover the eyes; blindfold; blinder; blinker; eye bandage
- めかく 、
- みが 。
- A confidence man polishes his "hood winking" or "eye-washing" techniques before bilking a new victim.
2. concealing one's home such that the interior cannot be seen from outside
1. hectic; bewildering; bustling; dizzyUsually written using kana alone
1. (one's) gaze; direction in which one is looking
2. point of view; standpoint
3. line covering someone's eyes (in an edited photograph)
1. Japanese rice fish (Oryzias latipes); killifish; Japanese medakaUsually written using kana alone
2. Oryzias latipesFor the anime, see Medaka Box. Oryzias latipes, also know... Read more
1. eye mucus; eye discharge; sleep
2. Mucopurulent dischargeMucopurulent discharge is the emission or secretion of fl... Read more
目脂 【めやに】、眼脂 【めやに】、目ヤニ 【めヤニ】、目脂 【がんし】、眼脂 【がんし】
1. fried egg; sunny-side up fried egg
2. Fried eggA fried egg is a cooked dish commonly made using a fresh ... Read more
1. to aim atUsually written using kana alone, often noun+めがけて
1. to be visible
- The number of visible stars is very great.
2. to be clear; to be evident; to be certain; to be definite
- The Giants were well on the way to defeat.
眼に見える 【めにみえる】、目にみえる 【めにみえる】、眼にみえる 【めにみえる】
1. being extremely fond of; having a weakness for; being a sucker for
2. having no eye for; being a poor judge of; lacking insight
3. having no chance (of succeeding)
1. in front of one's eyes; just nearby; within a stone's throw
1. signalling with the eyes; exchanging looks; winking
目くばせ 【めくばせ】、眴せ 【めくばせ】、眴 【めくばせ】
1. sharp sighted
- He is alert to every chance of making money.
2. easily awakened
- As one grows old, one becomes a light sleeper.