1. thing; object; article; stuff; substance
- Don't beat around the bush.
2. one's things; possessions; property; belongingsas 〜のもの, 〜のもん
- Robert used to help his father in the store on weekends.
3. things; something; anything; everything; nothing
- I'd like to see your sister.
- Wilson's solution is similar to Hudson's in that they used the same constants.
5. reason; the way of things
6. used to emphasize emotion, judgment, etc.; used to indicate a common occurrence in the past (after a verb in past tense); used to indicate a general tendency; used to indicate something that should happenUsually written using kana alone, formal noun often used as 〜ものだ
- こ 、
- I used to come to this beach when I was a boy.
7. item classified as ...; item related to ...; work in the genre of ...Usually written using kana alone
8. cause of ...; cause for ...
9. somehow; somewhat; for some reasonOnly applies to もの, See also 物寂しい ものさびしい
10. really; trulyOnly applies to もの, See also 物珍しい ものめずらしい
Log in to talk about this word.