Words — 7194 found
Common word JLPT N1 Links
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. rabbit; hare; coney; cony; lagomorph (esp. leporids)Usually written using kana alone
2. RabbitRabbits are small mammals in the family Leporidae of the ... Read more
兔 【うさぎ】、菟 【うさぎ】、兎 【う】、ウサギ
兔: Rarely-used kanji form. 菟: Irregular kanji usage. う: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. indicates speculationafter the imperfective form of certain verbs and adjectives
2. indicates will
3. indicates invitation
4. U (kana)う in hiragana or ウ in katakana is one of the Japanese kan... Read more
1. to get; to acquire; to obtain; to procure; to earn; to win; to gain; to secure; to attainSee also 得る うる
2. to be possibleas 〜することを得, etc.
1. UkraineAbbreviation, See also 宇克蘭 ウクライナ
2. counter for buildings, roofs, tents, etc.
1. song; singingOnly applies to 歌, Only applies to 唄, esp. 唄 for folk songs and shamisen songs
- おもいだ 。
- Whenever I hear this song, I am reminded of my school days.
2. classical Japanese poem (esp. tanka)Only applies to 歌, See also 短歌
3. modern poetryOnly applies to 歌, Only applies to 詩
4. SongIn music, a song is a composition for voice or voices, pe... Read more
唄 【うた】、詩 【うた】
1. sea; ocean; waters
2. SeaA sea generally refers to a large body of salt water, but... Read more
海 【み】、海 【わた】、海 【わだ】
み: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. わた: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. わだ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
- ALS had made his hands and arms too weak to hold a pen or to type.
2. skill; efforts; ability
- How much we pay you depends on your skill.
4. ArmIn human anatomy, the arm is the part of the upper limb b... Read more
1. rumour; rumor; report; hearsay; gossip; common talk
2. RumorA rumor or rumour is often viewed as "an unverified accou... Read more
1. exercise; physical training; workout; sports; athletics
- わかがえ 。
- The exercise took years off me.
2. appeal; campaign; drive; crusade; movement; lobbying
- We must focus on building a solid grass-roots movement.
3. motion; movementAntonym: 静止
- ぶっしつ 、
- うんどう 、
- Physics can be defined as the science of matter, motion, and energy.
1. lie; fib; falsehood; untruth
- わ 。
- What he said turned out to be false.
2. mistake; error
- Oh my God, I can't believe this.
3. unwise move; bad decision
4. no way!; unbelievable!; really?!Colloquialism
5. LieTo lie is to hold something which one knows is not the wh... Read more
1. cattle (Bos taurus); cow; bull; ox; calf
- My father has a ranch and breeds cattle and horses.
2. beefSee also 牛肉, usu. ぎゅう
- In Japan beef has a high degree of marbled fat.
4. CattleCattle (colloquially cows) are the most common type of la... Read more
1. universe; cosmos; space
2. UniverseThe universe is commonly defined as the totality of every... Read more
1. fortune; luck
2. LuckLuck or fortunity is good fortune which occurs beyond one... Read more
1. Japanese apricot (Prunus mume); Japanese plum; ume; Chinese plum
- The plum blossoms are at their best this week.
3. Prunus mumePrunus mume, with the common names including Chinese plum... Read more
梅 【むめ】、楳 【うめ】、楳 【むめ】、ウメ
むめ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. むめ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.