Words — 259 found
1. taking; taker; collecting; collector; remover; removal
2. last performer of the day (usu. the star performer); last performance of the day
3. active partner (e.g. in judo demonstration)
4. emphatic or formal prefixbefore a verb
1. to take; to pick up; to harvest; to earn; to win; to choose
- You'd better eat everything that's on your plate.
2. to stealSee also 盗る
3. to eat; to have (a meal)See also 摂る
- You should drink a lot of liquid.
4. to remove (one's glasses, etc.)also written as 脱る
5. to compete (in sumo, cards, etc.); to play
1. transactions; dealings; business
2. TradeTrade is the transfer of ownership of goods and services ... Read more
取り引き 【とりひき】、取引き 【とりひき】
1. to exchange; to swap; to barter
- Please change this for a blue one.
2. to replace; to substitute
- とりか 。
- They replaced the defective TV with a new one.
取り換える 【とりかえる】、取りかえる 【とりかえる】、取替える 【とりかえる】、取換える 【とりかえる】、取換る 【とりかえる】
取換る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to come off; to be removed
- The casting came cleanly out of its mold.
2. (of pain, a fever, etc.) to disappear
- Don't eat till the numbness wears off.
4. to be interpreted (as); to be taken as
5. (of balance, etc.) to be attained
- やわ 、
- If you stop and relax, this will relieve the tension and stress in your shoulders.
6. to be obtainableSee also 取る, potential form of 取る
- と 。
- I got a driver's license at last.
1. to pick up
- とりあ 。
- She picked up one of the glass vases.
2. to adopt (e.g. a proposal); to accept; to take up (a topic, complaint, etc.); to listen to; to deal with; to feature
- とりあ 。
- All the papers featured the case.
3. to take away; to confiscate; to deprive (someone) of; to revoke
- とりあ 。
- He had his license taken away because of reckless driving.
4. to deliver (a baby)
5. to collect (taxes)
取りあげる 【とりあげる】、取上げる 【とりあげる】、採り上げる 【とりあげる】、とり上げる 【とりあげる】、採りあげる 【とりあげる】、採上げる 【とりあげる】
1. to cancel; to withdraw; to retract; to take back (words, etc.); to revoke
1. to take out; to produce; to pick out
- Another interesting source of energy is the heat that can be recovered from radioactive waste material.
2. to fetch; to retrieve
- The precision ratio is an index that indicates how many articles meet the search criteria out of all of the articles retrieved.
取出す 【とりだす】、取りだす 【とりだす】、とり出す 【とりだす】
1. to harvest; to reap
2. to take in; to gather in
- くだ 。
- Please bring in the washing.
3. to adopt (e.g. idea); to accept (e.g. advice); to introduce; to borrow (e.g. word)
- We do not always take his advice.
採り入れる 【とりいれる】、取入れる 【とりいれる】、取りいれる 【とりいれる】
1. handle; grip; knob
把手 【とって】、把っ手 【とって】、取手 【とって】、把手 【はしゅ】
取手: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. treatment; service; handling; management
取扱い 【とりあつかい】、取り扱 【とりあつかい】、取扱 【とりあつかい】
1. news coverage; collecting data (e.g. for an article); covering (something for media)
2. interviewSee also 取材相手 しゅざいあいて
1. control; management; supervision
取締まり 【とりしまり】、取り締り 【とりしまり】、取締り 【とりしまり】、取締 【とりしまり】
1. to take back; to regain; to get back; to recover
取戻す 【とりもどす】、とり戻す 【とりもどす】
1. to remove; to deinstall; to take away; to set apart
取除く 【とりのぞく】、とり除く 【とりのぞく】、取りのぞく 【とりのぞく】
1. especially; above allUsually written using kana alone
- ひつよう 。
- Above all, children need love.
2. inter alia; among others
取分け 【とりわけ】、取分 【とりわけ】、取りわけ 【とりわけ】
1. to grapple with; to wrestle with; to engage in a bout; to be matched against
2. to tackle (e.g. a problem); to come to grips with; to work hard on
- It is time you get down to work.
1. to handle; to operate (a machine, etc.); to use
2. to deal with (an issue); to manage
3. to treat (someone); to deal with (someone)
4. to deal in; to carry; to sell