1. to take; to pick up; to grab; to catch
- You'd better eat everything that's on your plate.
2. to pass; to hand; to give
- Could you pass me the salt, please?
3. to get; to obtain; to acquire; to win; to receive; to earn; to take (e.g. a vacation)
- と 。
- He got full marks in mathematics.
4. to adopt (a method, proposal, etc.); to take (a measure, attitude, etc.); to choose
- The old man assumed an impudent attitude.
5. to remove; to get rid of; to take off
- Trim the fat off the meat.
6. to take away; to steal; to rob
7. to eat; to have (e.g. lunch); to take (e.g. vitamins)See also 摂る
- You should drink a lot of liquid.
8. to pick (e.g. flowers); to gather; to extract (e.g. juice); to catch (e.g. fish)
9. to take up (time, space); to occupy; to spare; to set aside
- と 。
- Business absorbs all his time.
10. to secure; to reserve; to save; to put aside; to keep
- Please save my place.
11. to take (e.g. a joke); to interpret; to understand; to make out; to grasp
12. to record; to take down
- The teacher stressed the importance of taking notes.
13. to subscribe to (e.g. a newspaper); to take; to buy; to get
- What magazines do you subscribe to?
14. to order; to have delivered
15. to charge; to fine; to take (tax)
16. to take (e.g. a wife); to take on (e.g. an apprentice); to adopt; to accept
17. to compete (in sumo, cards, etc.); to play
Log in to talk about this word.