Words — 7027 found
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. fourth sign of the Chinese zodiac (The Hare, 5am-7am, east, February)
2. Rabbit (zodiac)The Chinese Year of the Rabbit' is actually the Chinese Y... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. rabbit; hare; coney; cony; lagomorph (esp. leporids)Usually written using kana alone
2. RabbitRabbits are small mammals in the family Leporidae of the ... Read more
兔 【うさぎ】、菟 【うさぎ】、兎 【う】、ウサギ
菟: Irregular kanji usage. う: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. indicates speculationafter the imperfective form of certain verbs and adjectives
2. indicates will
3. indicates invitation
4. U (kana)う in hiragana or ウ in katakana is one of the Japanese kan... Read more
1. to get; to acquire; to obtain; to procure; to earn; to win; to gain; to secure; to attainSee also 得る うる
2. to be possibleas 〜することを得, etc.
1. songOnly applies to 歌, Only applies to 唄, 唄 is primarily used for shamisen songs
- おもいだ 。
- Whenever I hear this song, I am reminded of my school days.
2. classical Japanese poetry (esp. tanka)Only applies to 歌, See also 短歌
3. modern poetryOnly applies to 歌, Only applies to 詩
4. SongIn music, a song is a composition for voice or voices, pe... Read more
唄 【うた】、詩 【うた】
1. sea; ocean; waters
2. SeaA sea generally refers to a large body of salt water, but... Read more
海 【み】、海 【わた】、海 【わだ】
み: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. わた: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. わだ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
- ALS had made his hands and arms too weak to hold a pen or to type.
2. skill; efforts; ability
- How much we pay you depends on your skill.
4. ArmIn human anatomy, the arm is the part of the upper limb b... Read more
1. rumour; rumor; report; hearsay; gossip; common talk
2. RumorA rumor or rumour is often viewed as "an unverified accou... Read more
1. exercise; physical training; work-out
- わかがえ 。
- The exercise took years off me.
2. appeal; campaign; drive; crusade; movement; lobbying
- We must focus on building a solid grass-roots movement.
3. motion; movementAntonym: 静止
- ぶっしつ 、
- うんどう 、
- Physics can be defined as the science of matter, motion, and energy.
- Can you ride a horse?
2. horse racingOnly applies to うま, See also 競馬 けいば
3. promoted bishopShogi term, Abbreviation, Only applies to うま, See also 竜馬 りゅうめ
4. HorseThe horse (Equus ferus caballus) is one of two extant sub... Read more
馬 【いま】、馬 【おま】、ウマ
いま: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. おま: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. lie; fib; falsehood; untruth
- わ 。
- What he said turned out to be false.
2. mistake; error
- Oh my God, I can't believe this.
3. unwise move; bad decision
4. no way!; unbelievable!; really?!Colloquialism
5. LieTo lie is to hold something which one knows is not the wh... Read more
1. cattle (Bos taurus); cow; bull; ox; calf
- My father has a ranch and breeds cattle and horses.
2. beefSee also 牛肉, usu. ぎゅう
- In Japan beef has a high degree of marbled fat.
4. CattleCattle (colloquially cows) are the most common type of la... Read more
1. universe; cosmos; space
2. UniverseThe universe is commonly defined as the totality of every... Read more
1. fortune; luck
2. LuckLuck or fortunity is good fortune which occurs beyond one... Read more
1. Japanese apricot (Prunus mume); Japanese plum; ume; Chinese plum
- The plum blossoms are at their best this week.
3. Prunus mumePrunus mume, with the common names including Chinese plum... Read more
梅 【むめ】、楳 【うめ】、楳 【むめ】、ウメ
むめ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. むめ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.