Words — 958 found
1. god; deity; divinity; spirit; kami
2. incredible; fantasticSlang, also written ネ申
3. emperor of JapanHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Archaism
5. GodGod is either the sole deity in monotheism or the monist ... Read more
神 【かむ】、神 【かん】
かむ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. かん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. oni; ogre; demon
- わら 。
- Next year is the devil's joke.
2. spirit of a deceased personSee also 亡魂
3. ogre-like person (i.e. fierce, relentless, merciless, etc.)Only applies to おに
4. it (in a game of tag, hide-and-seek, etc.)Only applies to おに, See also 鬼ごっこ おにごっこ
6. very; extremely; super-Slang, Only applies to おに, See also 超
7. Oni (folklore)are creatures from Japanese folklore, variously translate... Read more
1. to go; to move (in a direction or towards a specific location); to head (towards); to be transported (towards); to reachSee also 来る くる
- おかあ 、
- Can I go swimming, Mother?
2. to proceed; to take placeSee also 旨く行く, い sometimes omitted in auxiliary use
- We'll have to try and make the best of it.
3. to pass through; to come and go
- These rules have been and always will be observed.
4. to walk
5. to die; to pass awayOnly applies to 逝く
6. to do (in a specific way)
7. to stream; to flow
8. to continue
9. to have an orgasm; to come; to cumUsually written using kana alone
10. to trip; to get high; to have a drug-induced hallucinationUsually written using kana alone, Slang
行く 【ゆく】、逝く 【いく】、逝く 【ゆく】、往く 【いく】、往く 【ゆく】
往く: Out-dated kanji. 往く: Out-dated kanji.
1. thin; slender; fine
2. unlucky (billiards slang)Slang
1. fat; thick
- He has a thick neck.
2. deep (of a voice); thick; sonorous
3. daring; shameless; brazen; audacious
1. to erase; to delete; to cross out
- You should cross out any word you don't need.
2. to turn off power
- わす 。
- Don't forget to turn the light off.
3. to extinguish; to put out
- Be sure to put out the fire before you leave.
4. to bump offSlang
- I have orders to waste you.
1. to blow (e.g. wind); to play a wind instrument
- ふ 。
- There was a strong wind that day.
2. to emit; to spout
- The trees are shooting out buds.
3. to whistle
4. to laugh; to burst into laughterSlang, See also 吹き出す ふきだす, often as 吹いた
5. to smelt; to mint
6. to brag; to talk big
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. chimney; smokestack; funnel (of a ship); stovepipe
- たか 。
- That chimney is very high.
2. carrying a passenger without turning on the taximeterSlang
3. ChimneyFor other uses, see Chimney (disambiguation). "Smokestack... Read more
1. electromagnetic wave; radio wave; reception; signalOnly applies to でんぱ, See also 電磁波
- だ 。
- His mobile phone produced radio emissions that interfered with other phones.
3. Radio wavesRadio waves are a type of electromagnetic radiation with ... Read more
1. star; any light-emitting (or reflecting) heavenly body (except for the sun and the moon)
- We cannot necessarily see the star with the naked eye.
2. offender; perpetratorSlang, police slang
3. star point (in go); hoshi; intersection marked with a dot
4. circular symbol (said to be shaped like a shining star)
6. one's star (out of the nine stars); the star that determines one's fateSee also 九星
7. small dot; spot
8. point; scoreSumo term
1. grass; weed; herb; thatch
3. not genuine; substandard
4. laughter; LOLSlang
艸: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. fixing (in place); securing; anchoring; fastening down
2. fixing (e.g. salary, capital); keeping the same
3. fixation (histology)Biology term
4. fixed handleSlang, Abbreviation, See also 固定ハンドル
1. holeSee also 穴が開く, also read めど for this sense
- And the teams competed with each other to try to kick the ball through this hole.
2. deficit; shortage; missing person (in a team, meeting, etc.)
3. vacancy; opening
- にたい 、
- Let me apologize once again for missing our meeting.
- The argument is full of holes.
5. profitable place (or item, etc.) not well known by others
6. upset victory (with a large payoff)
7. pit (of a theater)Slang, See also 平土間
8. hiding placeArchaism
9. underbelly (of society, etc.)Archaism
1. ball; sphere; globe; orb
- う 。
- There were beads of sweat on his forehead.
2. bead (of sweat, dew, etc.); drop; droplet
- A nickel is a five-cent coin.
3. ball (in sports)esp. 球
- Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
4. pile (of noodles, etc.)
5. bulletesp. 弾; also written as 弾丸
- The bullet just shaved his cheek.
6. bulb (i.e. a light bulb)esp. 球
7. lens (of glasses, etc.)
8. bead (of an abacus)esp. 玉,珠
9. ball (i.e. a testicle)Slang, Abbreviation, See also 金玉 きんたま, esp. 玉
10. gem; jewel (esp. spherical; sometimes used figuratively); pearlesp. 玉,珠; also written as 璧
11. female entertainer (e.g. a geisha)
12. person (when commenting on their nature); characterDerogatory
13. item, funds or person used as part of a plot
- That's because, you see, I've known he isn't that sort of person from a long time back.
14. eggSee also 玉子
15. coinusu. だま
16. precious; beautiful; excellent
球 【たま】、珠 【たま】、弾 【たま】
1. circleSee also ○ まる
- ちが 。
- John and Cathy have different tastes and different characters. Trying to get them together is like putting a square peg in a round hole.
2. entirety; whole; full; complete
- かん 、
- We're booked for the whole month on Broadway.
3. money; dough; moolaSlang
4. enclosure inside a castle's wallsesp. 丸
5. soft-shelled turtleKansai dialect, See also スッポン
6. suffix for ship names; suffix for names of people (esp. infants); suffix for names of swords, armour, musical instruments, etc.; suffix for names of dogs, horses, etc.See also 麻呂, esp. 丸
1. to pull out; to draw out; to extract; to unplug; to weed
- ほう 。
- You had better go to the dentist to have that tooth pulled out.
2. to omit; to leave out; to go without; to skip
- It's no crime to skip breakfast once in a while.
3. to do to the end; to carry through
- ぬ 。
- Let's fight to the last.
4. to let out (e.g. air from a tyre); to drain (e.g. water from a bath); to empty
5. to pick out; to choose; to select; to extract
6. to pilfer; to steal
7. to remove; to get rid of; to take out
8. to pass; to overtake; to outstrip; to get ahead of
- ぬ 。
- He finally got ahead of the rest of class.
9. to pierce; to break through; to go throughalso written 貫く
10. to cut out (a shape); to create (a pattern) by dying the surrounding area
11. to seize; to capture; to reduce
12. to scoop (a story)
13. to take out (an opponent's stones; in go)
14. to masturbate (of a male); to ejaculate (while masturbating)Slang, Vulgar
15. to take (a photo); to record (video)Slang
1. firing; shooting; discharge; catapult
1. to dig; to excavate; to hollow
2. to delve into
3. to dig up (e.g. vegetables)
- Have you dug up potatoes?
4. (for two men) to have anal sexSlang, Vulgar
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. gum; rubberUsually written using kana alone, From Dutch; Flemish “gom”
- すりへ 。
- Tires wear down because of friction between the rubber and the road surface.
2. eraserAbbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, See also 消しゴム
3. condomColloquialism, Usually written using kana alone
護謨: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 護謨: Ateji (phonetic) reading.