Words — 1155 found
1. miso; fermented condiment usu. made from soybeansFood term
2. innards (from crabs, shrimps, etc.) resembling miso
3. key (main) point; good part (of something)See also 手前味噌 てまえみそ
- The good thing about this electronic dictionary is that it's easy to carry.
5. tryUsually written using kana alone, Slang, Jocular, humorous term, See also 見る, imperative; after the -te form of a verb; pun on 見ろ
6. Misois a traditional Japanese seasoning produced by fermentin... Read more
1. fishing; angling
- You are dying to go fishing.
2. change (for a purchase)Usually written using kana alone, Abbreviation, See also 釣り銭
- Keep the change!
3. trolling; writing deliberately inflammatory posts onlineSlang
4. AnglingAngling is a method of fishing by means of an "angle". Th... Read more
1. ogre; demon; oni
- わら 。
- Next year is the devil's joke.
2. spirit of a deceased personSee also 亡魂
3. ogre-like person (i.e. fierce, relentless, merciless, etc.)Only applies to おに
4. it (in a game of tag, hide-and-seek, etc.)Only applies to おに, See also 鬼ごっこ おにごっこ
6. very; extremely; super-Slang, Only applies to おに, See also 超
7. Oni (folklore)are creatures from Japanese folklore, variously translate... Read more
1. to go; to move (in a direction or towards a specific location); to head (towards); to be transported (towards); to reachSee also 来る くる
- おかあ 、
- Can I go swimming, Mother?
2. to proceed; to take placeSee also 旨く行く, い sometimes omitted in auxiliary use
- We'll have to try and make the best of it.
3. to pass through; to come and go
- These rules have been and always will be observed.
4. to walk
5. to die; to pass awayOnly applies to 逝く
6. to do (in a specific way)
7. to stream; to flow
8. to continue
9. to have an orgasm; to come; to cumUsually written using kana alone
10. to trip; to get high; to have a drug-induced hallucinationUsually written using kana alone, Slang
行く 【ゆく】、逝く 【いく】、逝く 【ゆく】、往く 【いく】、往く 【ゆく】
往く: Out-dated kanji. 往く: Out-dated kanji.
1. thin; slender; fine
2. unluckySlang, billiards slang
1. fat; thick
- He has a thick neck.
2. deep (of a voice); thick; sonorous
3. daring; shameless; brazen; audacious
1. to erase; to delete; to cross out
- You should cross out any word you don't need.
2. to turn off power
- わす 。
- Don't forget to turn the light off.
3. to extinguish; to put out
- Be sure to put out the fire before you leave.
4. to bump offSlang
- I have orders to waste you.
1. to blow (of the wind)
- ふ 。
- There was a strong wind that day.
2. to blow (one's breath); to breathe out; to blow on (hot tea, candles, etc.); to puff
- The trees are shooting out buds.
3. to play (a wind instrument); to blow (a whistle, trumpet, etc.); to whistle (a tune)
4. to emit (smoke, fire, etc.); to spout; to spew; to puff outSee also 噴く
5. to sprout; to put forth (buds)
6. to appear (on the surface); to form; to be coated with (powder, rust, etc.)
7. to burst out laughing; to burst into laughterSlang, See also 吹き出す
8. to brag; to talk big
9. to smelt; to mint
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. chimney; smokestack; funnel (of a ship); stovepipe
- たか 。
- That chimney is very high.
2. carrying a passenger without turning on the taximeterSlang
3. ChimneyFor other uses, see Chimney (disambiguation). "Smokestack... Read more
1. radio wave; reception; signalOnly applies to でんぱ
- だ 。
- His mobile phone produced radio emissions that interfered with other phones.
3. Radio wavesRadio waves are a type of electromagnetic radiation with ... Read more
1. to fall down; to drop; to fall (e.g. rain); to sink (e.g. sun or moon); to fall onto (e.g. light or one's gaze); to be used in a certain place (e.g. money)
- Grandpa fell down the stairs and got a serious injury.
2. to be omitted; to be missing
3. to decrease; to sink
- お 。
- The scandal hurt the company's reputation.
4. to fail (e.g. exam or class); to lose (contest, election, etc.)
- お 。
- As many as ten students failed the exam.
5. to crash; to degenerate; to degrade; to fall behind
6. to become indecent (of a conversation)
7. to be ruined; to go under
8. to fade; to come out (e.g. a stain); to come off (e.g. makeup); to be removed (e.g. illness, possessing spirit, name on a list)See also 狐が落ちる きつねがおちる
- お 。
- This ink stain will not wash out.
9. to fall (into someone's hands); to become someone's possession
10. to fall (into a trap); to fall (for a trick)
11. to give in; to give up; to confess; to flee
12. to fall; to be defeated; to surrender
13. to come to (in the end); to end in
15. to swoon (judo)
16. to consent; to understandSee also 腑に落ちない ふにおちない
17. to go down (of a website, server, etc.); to crashComputer terminology
18. to log out (of an online game, chat room, etc.); to drop out; to leave; to go offlineSlang
19. to dieof animals
20. to move to the depthsof fish when it gets cold
21. to go down (of a website, server, etc.)Computer terminology
堕ちる 【おちる】、墜ちる 【おちる】、落る 【おちる】
落る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. star (usu. not including the Sun); planet (usu. not including Earth); heavenly body
- Last night, we watched the stars from the rooftop.
2. star (glyph, symbol, shape)
3. star (actor, player, etc.)
4. small dot; spot; fleck
5. star point (in go); hoshi; intersection marked with a dot
6. perp; perpetrator; mark; offender; suspectSlang, police slang
8. one's star (that determines one's fate); one's fortuneSee also 九星
9. point; scoreSumo term
1. grass; weed; herb; thatch
3. not genuine; substandard
4. LOL; hahaInternet slang, See also ｗ, multiple repetitions of "w" ("LOL") resembles grass: wwwwww
艸: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. fixing (in place); being fixed (in place); securing; anchoring; fastening down
2. fixing (e.g. salary, capital); keeping the same
3. fixation (histology)Biology term
4. user name (on an online forum like 2ch where the majority of users post anonymously)Slang, Abbreviation, See also 固定ハンドル
5. user of an online handle (instead of posting anonymously)Slang, Abbreviation, See also 固定ハンドル
1. marsh; swamp; wetland; bog; pond
2. being hooked (on a video game, TV show, etc.)Slang
3. MarshA marsh is a type of wetland that is dominated by herbace... Read more
1. hole; opening; perforationSee also 穴が開く, also read めど for this sense
- And the teams competed with each other to try to kick the ball through this hole.
2. pit; hollow; hole (in the ground, etc.)
3. burrow; den; lair; holt; hole
4. deficit; shortage; missing person (in a team, meeting, etc.)
- にたい 、
- Let me apologize once again for missing our meeting.
5. vacancy; opening
7. well-kept secret placeSee also 穴場
8. upset victory (with a large payoff)
9. pit (of a theater)Slang, See also 平土間
10. hiding place; hideout
11. underbelly (of society, etc.)Archaism
1. ball; sphere; globe; orb
- う 。
- There were beads of sweat on his forehead.
2. bead (of sweat, dew, etc.); drop; droplet
- A nickel is a five-cent coin.
3. ball (in sports)esp. 球
- Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
4. pile (of noodles, etc.)
5. bulletesp. 弾; also written as 弾丸
- The bullet just shaved his cheek.
6. bulb (i.e. a light bulb)esp. 球
7. lens (of glasses, etc.)
8. bead (of an abacus)esp. 玉,珠
9. ball (i.e. a testicle)Slang, Abbreviation, See also 金玉 きんたま, esp. 玉
10. gem; jewel (esp. spherical; sometimes used figuratively); pearlesp. 玉,珠; also written as 璧
11. female entertainer (e.g. a geisha)
12. person (when commenting on their nature); characterDerogatory
13. item, funds or person used as part of a plot
- That's because, you see, I've known he isn't that sort of person from a long time back.
14. eggSee also 玉子
15. coinusu. だま
16. precious; beautiful; excellent
球 【たま】、珠 【たま】、弾 【たま】
1. circleSee also ○ まる
- ちが 。
- John and Cathy have different tastes and different characters. Trying to get them together is like putting a square peg in a round hole.
2. entirety; whole; full; complete
- かん 、
- We're booked for the whole month on Broadway.
3. money; dough; moolaSlang
4. enclosure inside a castle's wallsesp. 丸
5. soft-shelled turtleKansai dialect, See also スッポン
6. suffix for ship names; suffix for names of people (esp. infants); suffix for names of swords, armour, musical instruments, etc.; suffix for names of dogs, horses, etc.See also 麻呂, esp. 丸
1. to pull out; to draw out; to extract; to unplug; to weed
- ほう 。
- You had better go to the dentist to have that tooth pulled out.
2. to omit; to leave out; to go without; to skip
- It's no crime to skip breakfast once in a while.
3. to do to the end; to carry through
- ぬ 。
- Let's fight to the last.
4. to let out (e.g. air from a tyre); to drain (e.g. water from a bath); to empty
5. to pick out; to choose; to select; to extract
6. to pilfer; to steal
7. to remove; to get rid of; to take out
8. to pass; to overtake; to outstrip; to get ahead of
- ぬ 。
- He finally got ahead of the rest of class.
9. to pierce; to break through; to go throughalso written 貫く
10. to cut out (a shape); to create (a pattern) by dying the surrounding area
11. to seize; to capture; to reduce
12. to scoop (a story)
13. to take out (an opponent's stones; in go)
14. to masturbate (of a male); to ejaculate (while masturbating)Slang, Vulgar
15. to take (a photo); to record (video)Slang