Words — 1367 found
1. mountain; hill
- はい 、
- こた 。
- "I do not regret having gone into the forest and up the mountain," replied the younger brother.
2. mine (e.g. coal mine)
- もち 。
- It was used for raking together heaps of money.
3. heap; pile
4. crown (of a hat); thread (of a screw); tread (of a tire); protruding part of an object; high part
- You've sure got the teacher's number.
5. climax; peak; critical point
6. guess; speculation; gamble
7. criminal case; crimeSlang, police, crime reporter jargon
8. mountain climbing; mountaineering
9. festival float (esp. one mounted with a decorative halberd)See also 山鉾
10. deck (of playing cards on table, face down, from which cards are drawn); stackSee also 山札
11. wall; wall tileMahjong
12. temple; temple groundsArchaism
14. MountainError: image is invalid or non-existent A mountain is a l... Read more
1. miso; fermented condiment usu. made from soybeansFood, cooking
2. innards (from crabs, shrimps, etc.) resembling miso
3. key (main) point; good part (of something)See also 手前味噌 てまえみそ
- The good thing about this electronic dictionary is that it's easy to carry.
5. tryUsually written using kana alone, Slang, Jocular, humorous term, See also 見る, imperative; after the -te form of a verb; pun on 見ろ
6. Misois a traditional Japanese seasoning produced by fermentin... Read more
1. fishing; angling
- You are dying to go fishing.
2. change (for a purchase)Usually written using kana alone, Abbreviation, See also 釣り銭
- Keep the change!
4. trolling; writing deliberately inflammatory posts onlineInternet slang
5. AnglingAngling is a method of fishing by means of an "angle". Th... Read more
1. ogre; demon; oni
- わら 。
- Next year is the devil's joke.
2. spirit of a deceased personSee also 亡魂
3. ogre-like person (i.e. fierce, relentless, merciless, etc.)Only applies to おに
4. it (in a game of tag, hide-and-seek, etc.)Only applies to おに, See also 鬼ごっこ おにごっこ
6. very; extremely; super-Slang, Only applies to おに, See also 超
7. Oni (folklore)are creatures from Japanese folklore, variously translate... Read more
1. to go; to move (in a direction or towards a specific location); to head (towards); to be transported (towards); to reachSee also 来る くる
- おかあ 、
- Can I go swimming, Mother?
2. to proceed; to take placeSee also 旨く行く, い sometimes omitted in auxiliary use
- We'll have to try and make the best of it.
3. to pass through; to come and go
- These rules have been and always will be observed.
4. to walk
5. to die; to pass awayOnly applies to 逝く
6. to do (in a specific way)
7. to stream; to flow
8. to continueUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
9. to have an orgasm; to come; to cumUsually written using kana alone
10. to trip; to get high; to have a drug-induced hallucinationUsually written using kana alone, Slang
行く 【ゆく】、逝く 【いく】、逝く 【ゆく】、往く 【いく】、往く 【ゆく】
往く: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 往く: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. thin; slender; fine
2. unluckySlang, billiards slang
1. fat; thick
- He has a thick neck.
2. deep (of a voice); thick; sonorous
3. daring; shameless; brazen; audacious
1. to erase; to rub out; to rub off; to cross out; to delete
- You should cross out any word you don't need.
2. to turn off (a light, TV, heater, etc.); to switch off
- わす 。
- Don't forget to turn the light off.
3. to extinguish (a fire, candle, etc.); to put out
- Be sure to put out the fire before you leave.
4. to remove (a smell, pain, etc.); to eliminate; to get rid of; to relieve (pain, anxiety, etc.); to neutralize (poison)
- I have orders to waste you.
5. to drown out (a sound); to deaden; to absorb; to muffle
6. to kill; to murder; to bump off; to rub outColloquialism
1. to blow (of the wind)
- ふ 。
- There was a strong wind that day.
2. to blow (one's breath); to breathe out; to blow on (hot tea, candles, etc.); to puff
- ふ 。
- Rose was blowing bubbles.
3. to play (a wind instrument); to blow (a whistle, trumpet, etc.); to whistle (a tune)
- Ted likes playing the trumpet.
4. to emit (smoke, fire, etc.); to spout; to spew; to puff outSee also 噴く
5. to sprout; to put forth (buds)
- The trees are shooting out buds.
6. to appear (on the surface); to form; to be coated with (powder, rust, etc.)
7. to burst out laughing; to burst into laughterSlang, See also 吹き出す
8. to brag; to talk big
9. to smelt; to mint
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. chimney; smokestack; funnel (of a ship); stovepipe
- たか 。
- That chimney is very high.
2. carrying a passenger without turning on the taximeterSlang
3. ChimneyFor other uses, see Chimney (disambiguation). "Smokestack... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. cover (of a book, magazine, etc.); binding
2. to appear on the cover of a magazineSlang
3. Book coverA book cover is any protective covering used to bind toge... Read more
1. to fall; to drop; to come down; to crash; to collapse; to cave in; to give way
- Grandpa fell down the stairs and got a serious injury.
2. to set (of the sun or moon); to sink; to dip; to go down
3. to decrease (of popularity, quality, speed, sales, etc.); to fall; to drop; to go down; to decline; to deteriorate; to abate (of wind)
- お 。
- The scandal hurt the company's reputation.
4. to be inferior (to); to be not as good (as); to fall short (of)
- お 。
- As many as ten students failed the exam.
5. to come off (of dirt, paint, makeup, etc.); to come out (of a stain); to fade (of colour); to be removed (of an illness, possessing spirit, etc.)
6. to disappear (of excess fat); to become thinner; to become leaner
7. to be left out; to be omitted; to be missing
8. to fail (an exam); to lose (a contest, election, etc.); to be unsuccessful
- お 。
- This ink stain will not wash out.
9. to decline (of morals, character, etc.); to become vulgar (e.g. of a conversation); to stoop (to); to sink (so low)also written as 堕ちる
10. to be ruined; to go under; to fall (into hell)also written as 堕ちる
12. to fall (into someone's hands); to be accepted (of a bid); to be won (of a tender); to be honoured (of a bill)
13. to fall into (a trap); to fall for (a trick)
14. to give in
15. to confess; to own up
16. to come to (a conclusion, topic, etc.); to arrive at (in the end)
17. to leave (a city, castle, etc.); to (be defeated and) flee
19. to fall (to the enemy); to be defeated
20. to come in (of money)
21. to fall (upon; of light, a shadow, one's gaze, etc.)
22. to pass out (in judo); to fall unconscious
23. to go down (of a website, server, etc.); to crashComputing
24. to log out (of an online game, chat room, etc.); to drop out; to leave; to go offlineSlang
25. to move to deeper water (of a fish in cold weather)
26. to die (of an animal)
墜ちる 【おちる】、落る 【おちる】
落る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. star (usu. not including the Sun); planet (usu. not including Earth); heavenly body
- Last night, we watched the stars from the rooftop.
2. star (glyph, symbol, shape)
3. star (actor, player, etc.)
4. small dot; spot; fleck
5. star point (in go); hoshi; intersection marked with a dot
6. perp; perpetrator; mark; offender; suspectSlang, police slang
8. one's star (that determines one's fate); one's fortuneSee also 九星
9. point; scoreSumo
1. grass; weed; herb; thatch
3. not genuine; substandard
4. LOL; hahaInternet slang, See also ｗ, multiple repetitions of "w" ("LOL") resembles grass: wwwwww
艸: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. fixing (in place); being fixed (in place); securing; anchoring; fastening down
2. fixing (e.g. salary, capital); keeping the same
3. fixation (histology)Biology
4. user name (on an online forum like 2ch where the majority of users post anonymously)Internet slang, Abbreviation, See also 固定ハンドル
5. user of an online handle (instead of posting anonymously)Internet slang, Abbreviation, See also 固定ハンドル
1. marsh; swamp; wetland; bog; pond
2. obsession; addiction; being hooked on; getting sucked intoSlang
3. ugly manInternet slang
4. MarshA marsh is a type of wetland that is dominated by herbace... Read more
1. hole; opening; perforationSee also 穴が開く
- And the teams competed with each other to try to kick the ball through this hole.
2. pit; hollow; hole (in the ground, etc.)
3. burrow; den; lair; holt; hole
4. deficit; shortage; missing person (in a team, meeting, etc.)
- にたい 、
- Let me apologize once again for missing our meeting.
5. vacancy; opening
6. flaw; fault; defect; weakness; weak point
7. well-kept secret placeSee also 穴場
8. upset victory (with a large payoff)
9. pit (of a theater)Slang, See also 平土間
10. hiding place; hideout
11. underbelly (of society, etc.)Archaism
1. ball; sphere; globe; orb
- う 。
- There were beads of sweat on his forehead.
2. bead (of sweat, dew, etc.); drop; droplet
- A nickel is a five-cent coin.
3. ball (in sports)esp. 球
- Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
4. pile (of noodles, etc.)
5. bulletesp. 弾; also written as 弾丸
- The bullet just shaved his cheek.
6. bulb (i.e. a light bulb)esp. 球
7. lens (of glasses, etc.)
8. bead (of an abacus)esp. 玉, 珠
9. ball (i.e. a testicle)Slang, Abbreviation, See also 金玉 きんたま, esp. 玉
10. gem; jewel (esp. spherical; sometimes used figuratively); pearlesp. 玉, 珠; also written as 璧
11. female entertainer (e.g. a geisha)
12. person (when commenting on their nature); characterDerogatory
13. item, funds or person used as part of a plot
- That's because, you see, I've known he isn't that sort of person from a long time back.
14. eggOnly applies to 玉, See also 玉子
15. okonomiyakiFood, cooking, Only applies to 玉, See also お好み焼き
16. coinusu. だま
17. precious; beautiful; excellent
球 【たま】、珠 【たま】、弾 【たま】