Words — 2832 found
1. tobacco; cigarette; cigarUsually written using kana alone, From Portuguese “tabaco”
2. tobacco plant (Nicotiana tabacum)Usually written using kana alone
4. TobaccoTobacco is an agricultural product processed from the lea... Read more
莨 【たばこ】、烟草 【たばこ】、煙草 【えんそう】、烟草 【えんそう】、タバコ
たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). 莨: Rarely-used kanji form. たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). 烟草: Rarely-used kanji form. 烟草: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to run
2. to run (of a vehicle); to drive; to travel; to move; to sail
- はし 。
3. to rush (to); to dash; to race
- はし 。
4. to retreat; to flee; to defect (to)
5. to run away; to abscond; to elopeocc. 奔る
6. to flash (of lightning); to streak; to shoot (through; e.g. of pain); to run (through); to flare; to flit (e.g. across one's face); to spread quickly (of news, shock, etc.)
- はし 。
7. to go (e.g. bad, to extremes); to become; to turn; to take to (e.g. crime); to get carried away by (e.g. one's emotions); to get involved in; to get wrapped up inas 〜に走る; occ. 趨る
8. to run (through; of a road, street, etc.); to extend (e.g. of a mountain range); to stretch; to lie
- はし 。
9. RunningRunning is a means of terrestrial locomotion allowing hum... Read more
奔る 【はしる】、疾る 【はしる】、趨る 【はしる】
奔る: Rarely-used kanji form. 疾る: Rarely-used kanji form. 趨る: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. clock; watch; timepiece
2. ClockA clock is an instrument used to indicate, keep, and co-o... Read more
土圭: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. box; case; chest; package; pack; crate
- あ 。
2. car (of a train, etc.)
3. shamisen case; shamisen
4. public building; community buildingColloquial, See also 箱物, often written as ハコ
5. man who carries a geisha's shamisenArchaic, See also 箱屋
6. receptacle for human waste; feces (faeces)Archaic
7. counter for boxes (or boxed objects)
8. BoxBox describes a variety of containers and receptacles for... Read more
函 【はこ】、匣 【はこ】、筥 【はこ】、筐 【はこ】、凾 【はこ】、ハコ
函: Rarely-used kanji form. 匣: Rarely-used kanji form. 筥: Rarely-used kanji form. 筐: Rarely-used kanji form. 凾: Rarely-used kanji form.
2. greenery; verdure
- とうきょう ミッドタウン
3. GreenGreen is a color, the perception of which is evoked by li... Read more
翠 【みどり】、綠 【みどり】
翠: Rarely-used kanji form. 綠: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. socks; sock; stockings; stocking
2. SockA sock is an item of clothing worn on the feet. The foot ... Read more
沓下: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. crossing; intersection
2. Intersection (road)An intersection is a road junction where two or more road... Read more
交叉点: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. business suitposs. from "civil clothes" or "Savile Row"
2. Suit (clothing)For other garments (protective, etc) sometimes called sui... Read more
背広: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 脊広: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to become; to get; to grow; to turn; to reach; to attainUsually written using kana alone
2. to result in; to turn out; to end up; to prove (to be)Usually written using kana alone
3. to consist of; to be composed of; to be made up ofUsually written using kana alone, as ...からなる or ...よりなる
- な 。
4. to be completed; to be realized; to succeed; to be attained; to be accomplishedUsually written using kana alone
5. to change (into); to turn (into); to transformUsually written using kana alone
6. to come (to do); to begin (to do); to grow (to do)Usually written using kana alone
7. to come to; to amount to; to add up to; to makeUsually written using kana alone
8. to play (the part of); to act asUsually written using kana alone
9. to be used for; to be useful for; to serve asUsually written using kana alone
10. to be promotedShogi
11. to do ...Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, Usually written using kana alone, as お + masu stem + になる, or ご + noun + になる
為る: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to live; to exist
2. to make a living; to subsist
3. to be in effect; to be in use; to function
4. to come to life; to be enlivened
5. to be safe (in baseball, go, etc.)
6. To Live (film)To Live is a Chinese film directed by Zhang Yimou in 1994... Read more
活きる: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. address; residence; domicile
2. Address (geography)An address is a collection of information, presented in a... Read more
住処: Rarely-used kanji form.
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. toyUsually written using kana alone
2. (person or thing treated as a) playthingUsually written using kana alone
3. ToyA toy is any object that can be used to play. Toys are as... Read more
玩具 【がんぐ】、翫具 【がんぐ】、オモチャ
おもちゃ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). 翫具: Rarely-used kanji form.
2. deciphering; decoding
4. TranslationTranslation is the communication of the meaning of a sour... Read more
飜訳: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. futon; Japanese bedding consisting of a mattress and a duvetSee also 敷き布団 しきぶとん, See also 掛け布団 かけぶとん
- かたづ 。
2. round cushion used for Zen meditation (traditionally made of woven bulrush leaves)
3. FutonFuton is an English, a term generally referring to the tr... Read more
布団: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 蒲団: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. dictionary; lexicon
2. DictionaryA dictionary (also called a wordbook, lexicon or vocabula... Read more
1. quarrel; brawl; fight; squabble; scuffle; argument
2. Brawling (legal definition)Brawling (probably connected with Ger. brüllen, to roar, ... Read more
諠譁: Rarely-used kanji form.
2. whiskers (on a cat, etc.); feelers (on an insect, etc.); (chin) tuft
3. shadow (on a candlestick chart)Finance, usu. ヒゲ
4. BeardA beard is the collection of hair that grows on the chin,... Read more
鬚 【ひげ】、髯 【ひげ】、ヒゲ
鬚: Rarely-used kanji form. 髯: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. border (between countries); national border
3. BorderBorders define geographic boundaries of political entitie... Read more
国境 【くにざかい】、国界 【くにざかい】
国界: Rarely-used kanji form.