Words — 1606 found
1. tobacco; cigarette; cigaret; cigarUsually written using kana alone, From Portuguese “tabaco”
2. tobacco plant (Nicotiana tabacum)Usually written using kana alone
4. TobaccoTobacco is an agricultural product processed from the lea... Read more
莨 【たばこ】、烟草 【たばこ】、煙草 【えんそう】、烟草 【えんそう】、タバコ
たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). 莨: Rarely-used kanji form. たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). 烟草: Rarely-used kanji form. 烟草: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to run
- Look at that boy running.
2. to run (of a vehicle); to drive; to travel; to move; to sail
- はし 。
- This train runs between Tokyo and Osaka.
3. to rush (to); to dash; to race
- はし 。
- He made a dash for the bus.
4. to retreat; to flee; to defect (to)
5. to run away; to abscond; to elopeocc. 奔る
6. to flash (of lightning); to streak; to shoot (through; e.g. of pain); to run (through); to flare; to flit (e.g. across one's face); to spread quickly (of news, shock, etc.)
- はし 。
- A shiver ran down my spine.
7. to go (e.g. bad, to extremes); to become; to turn; to take to (e.g. crime); to get carried away by (e.g. one's emotions); to get involved in; to get wrapped up inas 〜に走る; occ. 趨る
- Some children resort to suicide in order to escape from unbearable pressure.
8. to run (through; of a road, street, etc.); to extend (e.g. of a mountain range); to stretch; to lie
- はし 。
- The road wound through the fields.
9. RunningRunning is a means of terrestrial locomotion allowing hum... Read more
奔る 【はしる】、趨る 【はしる】
奔る: Rarely-used kanji form. 趨る: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. box; case; chest; package; pack; crate
- あ 。
- Twist that knob to the right and the box will open.
2. car (of a train, etc.)
3. shamisen case; shamisen
4. public building; community buildingColloquialism, See also 箱物, often written as ハコ
5. man who carries a geisha's shamisenArchaism, See also 箱屋
6. receptacle for human waste; feces (faeces)Archaism
7. counter for boxes (or boxed objects)
8. BoxBox describes a variety of containers and receptacles for... Read more
函 【はこ】、匣 【はこ】、筥 【はこ】、筐 【はこ】、凾 【はこ】、ハコ
函: Rarely-used kanji form. 匣: Rarely-used kanji form. 筥: Rarely-used kanji form. 筐: Rarely-used kanji form. 凾: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. crossing; intersection
2. Intersection (road)An intersection is a road junction where two or more road... Read more
交叉点: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. business suitperhaps from "civil clothes" or "Savile Row"
2. Suit (clothing)For other garments (protective, etc) sometimes called sui... Read more
背広: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 脊広: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to live; to exist
2. to make a living; to subsist
3. to be in effect; to be in use; to function
4. to come to life; to be enlivened
5. to be safe (in baseball, go, etc.)
6. To Live (film)To Live is a Chinese film directed by Zhang Yimou in 1994... Read more
活きる: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. address; residence; domicile
2. Address (geography)An address is a collection of information, presented in a... Read more
住処: Rarely-used kanji form.
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. toyUsually written using kana alone
2. (person or thing treated as a) playthingUsually written using kana alone
3. ToyA toy is any object that can be used to play. Toys are as... Read more
玩具 【がんぐ】、翫具 【がんぐ】、オモチャ
翫具: Rarely-used kanji form.
- She translated it word for word.
2. deciphering; decoding
4. TranslationTranslation is the communication of the meaning of a sour... Read more
飜訳: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. futon; Japanese bedding consisting of a mattress and a duvetSee also 敷き布団 しきぶとん, See also 掛け布団 かけぶとん
- かたづ 。
- In the morning, we put away our futons.
2. round cushion used for Zen meditation (traditionally made of woven bulrush leaves)
3. FutonFuton is an English, a term generally referring to the tr... Read more
布団: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 蒲団: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. dictionary; lexicon
2. DictionaryA dictionary (also called a wordbook, lexicon or vocabula... Read more
辭典 【じてん】、辞典 【ことばてん】、辭典 【ことばてん】、ことば典 【ことばてん】、言葉典 【ことばてん】
辭典: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 辭典: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 言葉典: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. quarrel; brawl; fight; squabble; scuffle; argument
2. Brawling (legal definition)Brawling (probably connected with Ger. brüllen, to roar, ... Read more
諠譁: Rarely-used kanji form.
2. whiskers (on a cat, etc.); feelers (on an insect, etc.); (chin) tuft
3. shadow (on a candlestick chart)Finance, usu. ヒゲ
4. BeardA beard is the collection of hair that grows on the chin,... Read more
鬚 【ひげ】、髯 【ひげ】、ヒゲ
鬚: Rarely-used kanji form. 髯: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. border (between countries); national border
3. BorderBorders define geographic boundaries of political entitie... Read more
国境 【くにざかい】、国界 【くにざかい】
国界: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. girl (usu. between 7 and 17); young lady
2. female between 17 and 20 years old (ritsuryō period)Archaism
3. GirlA girl is any female human from birth through childhood a... Read more
小女: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. the present; present time; now
- げんざい 、
- つと 。
- We are currently working to restore normal service as soon as possible.
2. as ofafter a time, date, etc.
- The ruling party has secured 50 seats as of 5 o'clock.
3. present tenseGrammar
4. this world; this lifeBuddhism, See also 現世
5. to actually exist; to exist right now; to exist right in front of one
6. PresentThe present (or now) is the time that is associated with ... Read more
見在: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. tear; tears; lachrymal secretion
- ながれお 。
- Two tears fell down her cheeks.
3. TearsA Tear gland/Lacrimal gland B) Superior lacrimal punctum ... Read more
涙 【なみた】、泪 【なみだ】、泪 【なみた】、涕 【なみだ】、涕 【なみた】、涙 【なだ】、涙 【なんだ】
なみた: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 泪: Rarely-used kanji form. なみた: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 泪: Rarely-used kanji form. 涕: Rarely-used kanji form. なみた: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 涕: Rarely-used kanji form. なだ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. なんだ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. hope; wish; aspiration
2. (bright) prospects; expectation
3. HopeHope is the emotional state which promotes the belief in ... Read more
冀望: Rarely-used kanji form.
2. RoofA roof is the covering on the uppermost part of a buildin... Read more
家根: Rarely-used kanji form.