Words — 578 found
1. to raise; to elevateSee also 手を挙げる
- くだ 。
- If you have a question, please raise your right hand.
2. to do up (one's hair)See also 髪を上げる
- I also prefer it with the hair worn up.
3. to fly (a kite, etc.); to launch (fireworks, etc.); to surface (a submarine, etc.)
- The fireworks were set off on all sides.
4. to land (a boat)
- They drew the boat on the beach.
5. to deep-fryOnly applies to 揚げる
- あげ 。
- This chicken is fried well.
6. to show someone (into a room)
7. to summon (for geishas, etc.)Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 揚げる
8. to send someone (away)
9. to enrol (one's child in school); to enroll
10. to increase (price, quality, status, etc.); to develop (talent, skill); to improve
- あ 。
- The store raised all the prices.
11. to make (a loud sound); to raise (one's voice)See also 声を上げる
- い 。
- He cried out and ran away.
12. to earn (something desirable)
- あ 。
- He got wonderful results.
13. to praise
14. to give (an example, etc.); to citeusu. 挙げる
- きしゃ ：
- Reporter: Can you give me an example?
15. to summon up (all of one's energy, etc.)usu. 挙げる
- Fight with all your might.
16. to arrestOnly applies to 挙げる
17. to nominateOnly applies to 挙げる
- あ 。
- I put Paul's name forward as a possible candidate.
18. to givePolite (teineigo)
- Do you sometimes give your sister money?
19. to offer up (incense, a prayer, etc.) to the gods (or Buddha, etc.)
20. to bear (a child)
21. to conduct (a ceremony, esp. a wedding)usu. 挙げる
- あ 。
- I held a wedding ceremony last month.
22. (of the tide) to come in
23. to vomit
24. to do for (the sake of someone else)Usually written using kana alone, Polite (teineigo), after the -te form of a verb
- I will show you how to solve it.
25. to complete ...See also 作り上げる, after the -masu stem of a verb
26. to humbly do ...Humble (kenjougo), See also 申し上げる, after the -masu stem of a humble verb to increase the level of humility
27. Deep fryingDeep frying is a cooking method in which food is submerge... Read more
挙げる 【あげる】、揚げる 【あげる】
- ALS had made his hands and arms too weak to hold a pen or to type.
2. skill; efforts; ability
- How much we pay you depends on your skill.
4. ArmIn human anatomy, the arm is the part of the upper limb b... Read more
1. doll; puppet; figure
3. DollA doll is a model of a human being, often used as a toy f... Read more
1. culture; civilization; civilisation
- ちが 。
- The two regions differ in religion and culture.
2. Bunka era (1804.2.11-1818.4.22)
4. CultureWhen Culture first began to take its current usage by Eur... Read more
1. coast; beach
3. CoastA coastline or seashore is the area where land meets the ... Read more
2. livelihood; occupationArchaism
4. IndustryIndustry is the production of an economic good or service... Read more
1. zoo; zoological gardens
3. ZooA zoo (short for zoological park or zoological garden, an... Read more
1. art gallery; art museum
3. Art museumAn art gallery or art museum is a building or space for t... Read more
1. water supply; water service; waterworks
2. channel; strait
3. water course; waterway
5. Water supplyWater supply is the provision of water by public utilitie... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. airfield; airport
3. AerodromeAn aerodrome is a location from which aircraft flight ope... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. grape; grapevineUsually written using kana alone
3. GrapeA grape is a fruiting berry of the deciduous woody vines ... Read more
えび: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. accident; incident; trouble
2. circumstances; reasons
3. Accidentlines]]An accident or mishap is an unforeseen and unplann... Read more
ことゆえ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
- き 。
- The mother whipped sense into her boy.
2. penisVulgar, Only applies to むすこ
3. SonA son is a male offspring; a boy or man in relation to hi... Read more
むす子 【むすこ】、息 【むすこ】、息 【そく】
そく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. living; life (one's daily existence); livelihood
2. SeikatsuIn Japanese social science, seikatsu refers to a concept ... Read more
1. to live; to exist
2. to make a living; to subsist
3. to be in effect; to be in use; to function
4. to come to life; to be enlivened
5. to be safe (in baseball, go, etc.)
6. To Live (film)To Live is a Chinese film directed by Zhang Yimou in 1994... Read more
1. woman; female
- The girl has grown into a slender woman.
2. feminine genderlinguistics terminology, Only applies to じょせい
3. WomanA woman, pl: women is a female human. The term woman is u... Read more
1. ship; boat; watercraft; vessel; steamshipOnly applies to 船, Only applies to 舟, 舟 is often small and hand-propelled
- ひきあ 。
- They drew their boat on the beach.
2. tank; tub; vat; trough
3. counter for boat-shaped containers (e.g. of sashimi)Only applies to 船, Only applies to 舟
4. ShipSince the end of the age of sail a ship has been any larg... Read more
舟 【ふね】、槽 【ふね】
1. explanation; exposition
2. ExplanationAn explanation is a set of statements constructed to desc... Read more