Words — 32 found
1. to be affected; to be influenced
- That kind of behaviour affects your honour.
2. to be concerned with; to have to do with
- がい 、
- As a rule, I prefer people who deal with matters of this kind directly with those involved.
3. to stick to (opinions)
係わる 【かかわる】、拘る 【かかわる】、関る 【かかわる】、拘わる 【かかわる】、係る 【かかわる】
係る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. custody; detention; confinement
2. Detention (imprisonment)Detention is the process when a state, government or citi... Read more
Common word Links
1. prison; detention house; detention center; jail
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. in spite of; nevertheless; although; despite; no matter the; regardless ofUsually written using kana alone
にも拘らず 【にもかかわらず】、にも拘わらず 【にもかかわらず】、にも関らず 【にもかかわらず】、にも掛かわらず 【にもかかわらず】
にも掛かわらず: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to fuss over; to be particular aboutUsually written using kana alone
- Don't split hairs.
2. to be obsessive about; to be fixated onUsually written using kana alone
- The boy persisted in wearing his hair long.
3. to obstruct; to hinderUsually written using kana alone
拘る: Irregular kanji usage. 拘わる: Irregular kanji usage.
1. in spite of; regardless ofUsually written using kana alone
関らず 【かかわらず】、拘わらず 【かかわらず】、関わらず 【かかわらず】
1. adhering to; being a stickler for; being particular about; worrying too much about
1. nonetheless; neverthelessUsually written using kana alone, See also にも拘わらず
其れにもかかわらず 【それにもかかわらず】、其れにも拘わらず 【それにもかかわらず】
1. to be mixed up with; to have a connection with (a troublesome matter)Usually written using kana alone
2. to be a stickler about; to be finicky about (some triviality)
- You have an English test tomorrow, so don't get bogged down in your math homework tonight.
3. to take part (in some work); to hang about; to bother (someone)
拘う 【かかずらう】、拘らう 【かかずらう】
2. StraitjacketA straitjacket is a garment shaped like a jacket with ove... Read more
1. proportional representation electoral system (in which party votes are cast, and candidates from each party are elected based on an ordered list available to the public)
1. proportional representation system in which both party and individual votes are cast, seats are distributed amongst parties by proportion of vote obtained, and candidates are elected in descending order of number of votes obtainedSee also 拘束名簿式比例代表制