Words — 317 found
1. back (of body)
2. Human backThe human back is the large posterior area of the human b... Read more
1. belly; abdomen; stomachPolite (teineigo)
御腹 【おなか】、お中 【おなか】、御中 【おなか】
1. on the way; en route; halfway
2. in the middle of; midway
1. middle of the night; dead of night
1. society; the world; the times
1. concentration; focusing; convergence; centralization; integration; gathering together
2. within a collection of works
1. whole year; all year round; throughout the year
2. always; all the time; perpetuallyOnly applies to ねんじゅう, Only applies to ねんぢゅう
3. during an era
4. middle class (of a nursery school, etc.)Only applies to ねんちゅう
年じゅう 【ねんじゅう】、年中 【ねんちゅう】、年中 【ねんぢゅう】
1. very; considerably; easily; readily; fairly; quite; highly; ratherUsually written using kana alone
- He is a good joker.
2. by no means; not readilyUsually written using kana alone, with a verb in the negative
- Don't forget that good jobs are very hard to come by these days.
3. middle; half-way point
4. excellent; wonderful; very goodUsually written using kana alone
仲々 【なかなか】、中中 【なかなか】
仲々: Irregular kanji usage.
1. absorbed in; immersed in; crazy about; obsessed with; devoted to
2. forgetting oneself; daze; trance; ecstasy; delirium
3. within a dream; while dreaming
1. being enthusiastic about; being wild about; being absorbed in; being engrossed in; being devoted to
1. (in) the middle of; (in) the midst of; (in) the course of; (at) the height of
最中 【さなか】、さ中 【さなか】
1. medium; average; middle
- ちゅう ・
- くだ 。
- Bear in mind that that school is an integrated junior high and high school.
4. ChinaAbbreviation, See also 中国
- だいがく １
- These figures indicate three in five college first-year students are indifferent to politics.
5. volume two (of three)Abbreviation, See also 中巻
- も 。
- Three out of ten persons have a video.
6. during (a certain time when one did or is doing something); under (construction, etc.); whileSee also 話し中
- ちゅう 、
- かたむ 。
- They were all ears while the pianist was playing.
7. in; out of; of theSee also 中 じゅう
1. inside; in
- い 。
- He put all his money in the box.
2. among; within
- Choose one from among these products.
3. center (centre); middle
4. during; while
1. company; lot; bunch; gang; pack; those guys; groupfamiliar or derogatory
2. troupe; company (of musicians)Only applies to れんじゅう, Only applies to れんぢゅう
連中 【れんじゅう】、連中 【れんぢゅう】
1. inside; within
- I have a dream that AIDS will be cured in my lifetime.
2. while (e.g. one is young); during; within (e.g. a day); in the course ofUsually written using kana alone
- The young boy got sticky fingers when he walked into stores.
3. among; amongst; (out) of; betweenUsually written using kana alone, as 〜のうち
- One of my sons is a teacher, and the other is a doctor.
4. in (secret, chaos, poverty, etc.); amidst; with (e.g. success)Usually written using kana alone, also 裡, 裏; as のうちに after a noun representing a state or condition
- たず 。
- "Would you like to work for me, Tony?" asked Mr Wood.
5. within oneself; one's feelings; inner thoughts
7. one's home; one's familyUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to 内, See also 家 うち, also 家
8. my spouse; my husband; my wifeOnly applies to 内
9. signed on behalf of (husband's name) by his wifeOnly applies to 内, in a letter after the husband's name
10. I; meUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect, Only applies to 内, primarily used by women and children
11. imperial palace groundsArchaism, Only applies to 内
12. emperorArchaism, Only applies to 内
1. daytime; during the day
- せわ 。
- His aunt takes care of his dog during the day.
2. Japan and ChinaOnly applies to にっちゅう
- The company is operating under joint Sino-Japanese management.