Words — 384 found
1. to stand; to rise; to stand upOnly applies to 立つ
- But among you stands one you do not know.
2. to find oneself (e.g. in a difficult position)Only applies to 立つ
- た 。
- The minister was in a fix over illegal dealings.
3. to depart (on a plane, train, etc.)usu. 発つ
- Ah, you're leaving tomorrow!
1. splendid; fine; handsome; elegant; imposing; prominent; impressive
2. praiseworthy; creditable; worthy
3. legal; legitimate; lawful
4. undeniable (e.g. crime); indisputable; solid
1. to stand up; to put up; to set up; to erect; to raisealso written as 起てる
- Please put some candles on the birthday cake.
2. to thrust into; to bury into; to dig into
- た 。
- The cat dug its claws into my hand.
3. to make (a noise); to start (a rumour); to raise (a cloud of dust, etc.); to cause
- He is liable to shout when angry.
4. to make; to establish; to set up; to develop; to formulate
- じっこうにうつ 。
- He carried out the plan he had made in detail.
5. to put up (a political candidate); to make (one's leader)
- We delegated him to negotiate with them.
6. to treat with respect; to give (someone) their due; to make (someone) look good; to avoid embarrassing (someone)
- I have to do right by him.
7. to sharpen; to make clear
8. to shut; to closeSee also 閉てる
9. to make tea (matcha); to perform the tea ceremonySee also 点てる
10. to divide by
11. to do ... vigorouslyafter the -masu stem of a verb
1. position; situation
- I'm not in a position to answer.
2. viewpoint; standpoint; point of view
- Try to see the problem from her point of view.
1. to stand up; to get up
2. to rise
3. to recover
4. to take action; to start
5. to make the initial chargeSumo
6. to start up; to boot upComputing
立上がる 【たちあがる】、起ち上がる 【たちあがる】、立ちあがる 【たちあがる】
1. to stop (in one's tracks); to come to a stop; to halt; to pause; to stand still
立ち止る 【たちどまる】、立ちどまる 【たちどまる】、立止る 【たちどまる】、立ち留まる 【たちどまる】、立留まる 【たちどまる】、立留る 【たちどまる】、立ち止まる 【たちとまる】、立ち止る 【たちとまる】、立止る 【たちとまる】、立ち留まる 【たちとまる】、立留まる 【たちとまる】、立留る 【たちとまる】
たちとまる: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. たちとまる: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. たちとまる: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. たちとまる: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. たちとまる: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. たちとまる: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to stop by; to drop in for a short visit
立寄る 【たちよる】、立ちよる 【たちよる】
1. face; official stance; public position or attitude (as opposed to private thoughts)See also 本音
- Although many pay lip service to the idea of affirmative action, in reality, very few minorities get hired.
2. ceremony for the erection of the framework of a houseOnly applies to 建前, Only applies to 建て前
建て前 【たてまえ】、立前 【たてまえ】、立て前 【たてまえ】
1. assize; court
- しめ 。
- It has been shown in most studies on this subject that intervention of the legislature had adverse effects.
3. LegislatureA legislature is a kind of deliberative assembly with the... Read more
1. candidacy; standing as a candidate; bidding (to host an event, e.g. the Olympics)
1. being brought to a standstill; being stranded; getting stuck; stalling; deadlock
- とちゅう 、
- I was held up on my way to the hospital in a traffic jam.
2. being stumped; being in a dilemma; stopping in one's tracks; standing speechless
- The French teacher was stumped by her student's question.
3. dying while standing (and remaining standing); dying on one's feet
1. going out (before burning completely); dying out
2. fizzling out (e.g. of a plan); falling through; coming to nothing; dying away (e.g. of a rumour)
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. legislation; lawmaking
2. LegislationLegislation is law which has been promulgated by a legisl... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. to leave; to depart; to take one's leave