Words — 451 found
1. book; volume; scriptSee also ご本 ごほん
- よ 。
- I read the book up to page 80 yesterday.
2. this; present
- The high performance and the elegant design of this model have combined to give it a high reputation.
3. main; head
4. real; regular
5. counter for long cylindrical things; counter for films, TV shows, etc.; counter for goals, home runs, etc.; counter for telephone callssometimes pronounced ぼん or ぽん
- も 。
- I have a bottle of whiskey.
1. origin; sourceusu. 元
- It was under these circumstances that the constitutional crisis began.
2. base; basis; foundation; rootesp. 基
- The basis of this system is that the students must take turns in teaching, they have to help each other.
3. causealso 因, 原
- し 。
- The clerk died from overwork.
4. ingredient; materialesp. 素
5. (somebody's) side; (somebody's) locationOnly applies to 元
- He had no idea why his wife left him.
6. original cost (or capital, principal, etc.)
7. (plant) root; (tree) trunk
8. first section of a wakaSee also 和歌
9. counter for blades of grass, tree trunks, etc., and for falcons (in falconry)Only applies to 本
10. handle (chopsticks, brush, etc.); grip
11. BookA book is a set of written, printed, illustrated, or blan... Read more
本 【もと】、素 【もと】、基 【もと】
1. bookshelves; bookshelf; bookcase
2. BookcaseA bookcase, or bookshelf, is a piece of furniture, almost... Read more
1. truth; reality; actuality; fact
2. proper; right; correct; official
3. genuine; authentic; real; natural; veritable
本当 【ほんと】、本當 【ほんとう】、本當 【ほんと】、ホント、ホントー、ホントウ
ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji. ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji. ホント: Irregular kana usage.
2. InstinctInstinct or innate behavior is the inherent inclination o... Read more
1. essence; true nature; substance; reality
2. EssenceIn philosophy, essence is the attribute or set of attribu... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. the person in question; the person themselves; said person
1. originally; primarily
- か 。
- This poem was originally written in French.
2. essentially; intrinsically; naturally; by nature; in (and of) itself
- Wine is not harmful in itself.
3. proper; rightful; legal; normal
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. originally; by nature; from the startUsually written using kana alone
本々 【もともと】、元元 【もともと】、本本 【もともと】
1. mere; only; just; slightUsually written using kana alone
1. seriousness; earnestness; truth; sanctityusu. 本気で
1. text (of a book, document, etc.); body (of a letter)
2. this passage; this sentence
1. substance; real form
- No matter what the problem is, it's essential to get at the heart of the matter.
2. main part; main unit; body (of a machine)
3. this machine; this appliance
4. object of worship (at a shrine, temple, etc.)
6. base price; pre-tax priceAbbreviation, See also 本体価格 ほんたいかかく
ほんだい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word Links
1. mainland; one's home country; the country proper
2. MainlandMainland is a name given to a large landmass in a region ... Read more
1. true character; real nature
2. Human natureHuman nature refers to the distinguishing characteristics... Read more
1. characteristic quality; special character; one's real ability; one's specialty
2. one's function; one's duty
3. fief; inherited estate