Words — 224 found
1. thing; matterUsually written using kana alone
2. incident; occurrence; event; something serious; trouble; crisisUsually written using kana alone
3. circumstances; situation; state of affairsUsually written using kana alone
4. work; business; affairUsually written using kana alone
5. after an inflectable word, creates a noun phrase indicating something the speaker does not feel close toUsually written using kana alone
6. nominalizing suffixUsually written using kana alone, See also 事 ごと
7. pretending to ...; playing make-believe ...Usually written using kana alone, See also 事 ごと
8. alias; also known as; otherwise known as; orUsually written using kana alone, as AことB (A = alias, B = real name)
9. necessity; needUsually written using kana alone, as 〜ことはない
10. you should ...; I advise that you ...; it's important to ...Usually written using kana alone, as 〜ことだ
事 【こん】、縡 【こと】、縡 【こん】
縡: Out-dated kanji. 縡: Out-dated kanji.
1. koto (13-stringed Japanese zither)
- She likes to play the koto very much.
2. stringed instrumentArchaism, Only applies to こと
3. zheng (Chinese zither); guzhengOnly applies to 箏, Only applies to 筝
4. Koto (instrument)The koto is a traditional Japanese stringed musical instr... Read more
箏 【こと】、筝 【こと】、箏 【そう】、筝 【そう】
1. particle indicating a commandparticle always used at sentence-end
2. particle indicating mild enthusiasmFemale term or language, often as ことね
3. particle indicating a gentle interrogative
4. particle used to soften a judgment or conclusionat sentence end as ことよ
1. language; dialectSee also 言語
- い 。
- "One aspect of language is an intent to communicate," he says.
2. word; words; phrase; term; expression; remarkSee also 単語
- Words failed me.
3. speech; (manner of) speaking
- Don't be rough in speech.
4. learning to speak; language acquisition
5. Ci (poetry)Ci is a kind of lyric Classical Chinese poetry using a se... Read more
詞 【ことば】、辞 【ことば】、言葉 【けとば】
けとば: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. accident; incident; trouble
2. circumstances; reasons
3. Accidentlines]]An accident or mishap is an unforeseen and unplann... Read more
ことゆえ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. dictionary; lexicon
2. DictionaryA dictionary (also called a wordbook, lexicon or vocabula... Read more
辭典 【じてん】、辞典 【ことばてん】、辭典 【ことばてん】、ことば典 【ことばてん】、言葉典 【ことばてん】
辭典: Out-dated kanji. 辭典: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. small bird; little bird
- The birds are singing merrily.
1. to refuse; to reject; to dismiss; to turn down; to decline
- She is likely to refuse to follow his advice, because she does not like him.
2. to inform; to give notice; to tell in advance
- Just to warn you in advance, today's blog is no fun.
3. to ask leave; to excuse oneself (from)
- た 。
- John helped himself to several pieces of pie without asking.
1. to differ; to vary; to disagree
異る: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. proverb; saying; aphorism; maximUsually written using kana alone
1. speech; expression; wording; language
言葉使い 【ことばづかい】、言葉づかい 【ことばづかい】
1. project; enterprise; business; industry; operations; venture; service
2. act; deed; conductOnly applies to ことわざ, See also 仕業 しわざ
1. altogether; entirelyUsually written using kana alone
1. encyclopedia; cyclopedia