Words — 9120 found
1. nest; rookery; breeding place; hive
- つた 。
- Bees communicate the location of food by carrying odor samples back to the hive.
4. (spider's) webSee also 蜘蛛の巣
- お 。
- Spiders always weave their webs in three dimensions.
5. NestA nest is a place of refuge to hold an animal's eggs or p... Read more
2. VinegarVinegar is a liquid substance consisting mainly of acetic... Read more
醋 【す】、酸 【す】
Common word Links
1. plain; unadorned; undecorated; unadulterated; au naturel
2. mere; poorDerogatory, before a noun
3. exceedinglybefore an adjective
1. cavity (in old root vegetables, tofu, metal casting, etc.); pore; hollow; bubble; blowholeUsually written using kana alone
2. porous; pithy; spongyUsually written using kana alone
2. WednesdayWednesday is the third or fourth day of the week in the G... Read more
1. water supply; water service; waterworks
2. channel; strait
3. water course; waterway
5. Water supplyWater supply is the provision of water by public utilitie... Read more
1. mathematics; arithmetic
2. Mathematics"Maths" and "Math" redirect here. For other uses see Math... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
2. Human swimmingSwimming is movement through water using one's limbs, and... Read more
1. sand; grit
2. gold dust; silver dustOnly applies to すなご
3. SandSand is a naturally occurring granular material composed ... Read more
沙 【すな】、砂子 【すなご】、沙子 【すなご】、砂 【いさご】、沙 【いさご】、砂子 【いさご】、沙子 【いさご】
2. SleepSleep is a naturally recurring state characterized by red... Read more
1. numeral; figure; digit; numeric characterMathematics
2. Numerical digitA digit is a symbol (a numeral symbol such as "3" or "7")... Read more
1. assistant; helper
2. assistant (to a professor)Only applies to じょしゅ
すけて: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. muscle; tendon; sinew
2. vein; artery
3. fiber; fibre; string
4. line; stripe; streak
5. reason; logicSee also 筋が通る
- とお 。
- There isn't much logic in what you're saying.
6. plot; storyline
- I don't understand this novel's plot.
7. lineage; descent
8. school (e.g. of scholarship or arts)
9. aptitude; talent
10. source (of information, etc.); circle; channel
- きょねん 、
- き 。
- I heard about it from another source last year.
11. well-informed person (in a transaction)
12. logical move (in go, shogi, etc.)
13. ninth vertical lineShogi term
14. seam on a helmet
15. gristly fish paste (made of muscle, tendons, skin, etc.)Abbreviation, See also 筋蒲鉾
16. social position; statusArchaism
17. on (a river, road, etc.); along
18. counter for long thin things; counter for roads or blocks when giving directions
19. (Edo period) counter for hundreds of mon (obsolete unit of currency)Archaism
20. SujiSuji may refer to: Suji, Kilimanjaro, a small village in ... Read more
1. Emperor of Japan
3. Emperor of JapanThe Emperor of Japan is "the symbol of the state and of t... Read more
1. small quantity; little; few; something
- たま 、
- もど 。
- Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.
2. little while
- Do you mind if I watch TV for a while?
3. short distance
寡し 【すこし】、些し 【すこし】
些し: Out-dated kanji.
1. few; a little; scarce; insufficient; seldom
少い 【すくない】、尠い 【すくない】、寡い 【すくない】
少い: Irregular okurigana usage.