Words — 747 found
2. ChildBiologically, a child is generally a human between the st... Read more
子ども 【こども】、小供 【こども】
小供: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to drink; to gulp; to swallow; to take (medicine)呑む is often used metaphorically; 服む is often used for medicine
- Must I take this medicine?
2. to smoke (tobacco)See also 喫む, also written 喫む
3. to engulf; to overwhelm
4. to keep down; to suppress
5. to accept (e.g. demand, condition)
6. to make light of; to conceal
7. DrinkingDrinking is the act of ingesting water or other drinks th... Read more
呑む 【のむ】、飮む 【のむ】、服む 【のむ】
飮む: Out-dated kanji. 服む: Irregular kanji usage.
1. futon; Japanese bedding consisting of a mattress and a duvetSee also 敷き布団 しきぶとん, See also 掛け布団 かけぶとん
- かたづ 。
- In the morning, we put away our futons.
2. round cushion used for Zen meditation (traditionally made of woven bulrush leaves)
3. FutonFuton is an English, a term generally referring to the tr... Read more
蒲団 【ふとん】、薄団 【ふとん】
布団: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 薄団: Irregular kanji usage.
1. training; drill; practice; discipline
2. TrainingThe term training refers to the acquisition of knowledge,... Read more
訓連: Irregular kanji usage.
1. silver (Ag)
- ぎん 、
- きん 。
- Speech is silver, silence is golden.
2. silver coin; money
3. silver medal
4. silver colour; silver color
5. bankAbbreviation, Only applies to ぎん, See also 米銀
6. silver generalShogi term, Abbreviation, Only applies to ぎん, See also 銀将 ぎんしょう
7. SilverSilver is a metallic chemical element with the chemical s... Read more
銀 【しろがね】、銀 【しろかね】、白銀 【しろがね】、白銀 【しろかね】、白金 【しろがね】、白金 【しろかね】
しろかね: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. しろかね: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 白金: Irregular kanji usage. しろかね: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 白金: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. rabbit; hare; coney; cony; lagomorph (esp. leporids)Usually written using kana alone
2. RabbitRabbits are small mammals in the family Leporidae of the ... Read more
兔 【うさぎ】、菟 【うさぎ】、兎 【う】、ウサギ
菟: Irregular kanji usage. う: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. good; excellent; fine; nice; pleasant; agreeableSee also いい, also いい (all senses)
2. sufficient; enough; ready; preparedSee also いい
3. profitable (deal, business offer, etc.); beneficialSee also いい
4. OK; all right; fine; no problemSee also いい, as て(も)良い, と(も)良い, etc.; indicates permission or compromise
善い 【よい】、好い 【よい】、佳い 【よい】、吉い 【よい】、宜い 【よい】
宜い: Irregular kanji usage.
1. high; tallOnly applies to 高い, Antonym: 低い
- Banks charge higher interest on loans to risky customers.
2. expensive; high-priced
- おも 。
- I'm afraid that place is a little too expensive.
3. high (level); above average (in degree, quality, etc.)
- The new production process achieves a high yield.
5. high-pitched; shrill
高価い: Irregular kanji usage.
1. enjoyable; fun; pleasant; happy; delightful
愉しい 【たのしい】、娯しい 【たのしい】
愉しい: Irregular kanji usage. 娯しい: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to call out (to); to call; to invoke
- よ 、
- He will come if you call him.
2. to summon (a doctor, etc.)
- い 。
- You invited me to your party, but I can't make it this time.
3. to invite
- たず 。
- "Are you sure you want to call the police?" I asked her.
4. to designate; to name; to brand
- よ 。
- This movie has won great popularity.
5. to garner (support, etc.); to gather
- You will be called Cephas.
6. to take as one's wifeArchaism, See also 娶る
喚ぶ 【よぶ】、招ぶ 【よぶ】
招ぶ: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to eat
- You should eat more fruit.
2. to live on (e.g. a salary); to live off; to subsist on
- いき 。
- Lions live on other animals.
喰べる: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to lose (something); to mislayUsually written using kana alone
- She lost her new watch.
2. to get rid of; to eliminate; to removeUsually written using kana alone
- To get the nation's economy out of the red, more foreign aid had to be pumped in.
失くす: Irregular kanji usage.
1. plural; multiple; several
2. PluralIn linguistics, plurality or [a a] plural is a concept of... Read more
復数: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. carpet; rug; runner
2. CarpetA carpet is a textile floor covering consisting of an upp... Read more
絨緞 【じゅうたん】、絨氈 【じゅうたん】、ジュータン、ジュウタン
絨氈: Irregular kanji usage.
1. electric fan
2. Mechanical fanA mechanical fan is a machine used to create flow within ... Read more
扇風器: Irregular kanji usage.
1. funny; amusing; comical; laughable; ridiculousUsually written using kana alone
2. strange; odd; funny; peculiar; weird; unusual; eccentricUsually written using kana alone
3. improper; unsuitable; unbecomingUsually written using kana alone
4. suspiciousUsually written using kana alone
奇怪しい: Irregular kanji usage.
1. anaesthesia; anesthesia
2. AnesthesiaAnesthesia, or anaesthesia (see spelling differences; fro... Read more
痲酔 【ますい】、麻睡 【ますい】
麻睡: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. origin of a word; derivation of a word; etymology
2. EtymologyEtymology is the study of the history of words, their ori... Read more
1. to be heard; to be audible
- き 。
- Oh, I can hear you clearly.
2. to be said to be; to be reputed
- He has a reputation as being straight as an arrow. He'd never get involved in corruption.
聞える 【きこえる】、聴こえる 【きこえる】、聴える 【きこえる】
聴こえる: Irregular kanji usage. 聴える: Irregular kanji usage.