Words — 713 found
1. to lose; to be defeated
2. to succumb; to give in; to surrender; to yieldOnly applies to 負ける
3. to be inferior toOnly applies to 負ける
4. to break out in a rash due to (e.g. lacquer, shaving, etc.)Only applies to 負ける, See also 気触れる かぶれる
5. to reduce the price; to give a discount; to throw in (something extra) for freeOnly applies to 負ける
敗ける 【まける】、敗北る 【まける】
敗北る: Irregular kanji usage.
1. hard; solid; toughesp. 固い and 堅い for wood, 硬い for metal and stone
- Boil the eggs hard.
2. stiff; tight; wooden; unpolished (e.g. writing)
- と 。
- This lid is too tight for me to open.
3. strong; firm (not viscous or easily moved)
- The frame of the machine should be rigid.
4. safe; steady; honest; steadfast
5. obstinate; stubborn
6. bookish; formal; stuffyAntonym: 砕けた
- You don't have to be so formal.
固い 【かたい】、堅い 【かたい】、緊い 【かたい】
緊い: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to be crowded; to be packed
- The roads are very crowded at this time of the day.
2. to be complexSee also 手の込んだ
3. to go into; to put into; to remain (seated); to be plunged into (silence); to do thoroughlyOnly applies to 込む
4. to do intentlyOnly applies to 込む
5. to continue in the same stateOnly applies to 込む
混む 【こむ】、籠む 【こむ】、篭む 【こむ】
籠む: Irregular kanji usage. 篭む: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to burn
- Could you cook this meat a little more?
2. to roast; to broil; to grill; to bake; to toast; to barbecue
- I'd like two prints of each.
3. to heat; to heat up
- おも 。
- I am going to try to get a good tan.
4. to make (charcoal, pottery, bricks, etc.); to bake; to fire; to burn
- I hear that you can burn CDs with Windows XP; could you tell me a website that explains the procedures involved?
5. to tan (i.e. suntan); to burnSee also 灼く やく
6. to print (a photo); to burn (an optical disc)
7. to be jealous of; to be envious of; to envySee also 妬く やく
燬く 【やく】、焚く 【やく】
燬く: Out-dated kanji. 焚く: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. jar; pot; vase
- This is the pot he treasures most of all.
2. dice cup
3. depression (i.e. the basin of a waterfall)
4. target (when aiming an arrow)Archaism
5. (figurative) bull's-eyeUsually written using kana alone, See also 思うつぼ
6. key point (of a conversation, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
7. acupuncture point; moxibustion pointUsually written using kana alone
8. nodes on a fingerboard (of a shamisen, etc.)Usually written using kana alone, often ツボ
9. Hu (vessel)A hu is a type of pear-shaped ritual bronze wine vessel f... Read more
壺 【つほ】、壺 【つふ】、壷 【つぼ】、壷 【つほ】、壷 【つふ】、壼 【つぼ】、壼 【つほ】、壼 【つふ】、ツボ
つほ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. つふ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. つほ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. つふ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 壼: Irregular kanji usage. つほ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 壼: Irregular kanji usage. つふ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 壼: Irregular kanji usage.
1. wonderful; splendid; magnificent
素晴らしい 【すんばらしい】、素晴しい 【すばらしい】、素晴しい 【すんばらしい】、素薔薇しい 【すばらしい】、素薔薇しい 【すんばらしい】
素薔薇しい: Irregular kanji usage. 素薔薇しい: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to protect; to guard; to defend
- You have to protect your family.
2. to keep (i.e. a promise); to abide (by the rules); to observe; to obey; to follow
- Once you have made a promise, you must keep it.
護る 【まもる】、戍る 【まもる】
戍る: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to lose; to part with
喪う: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to present; to submit (e.g. a report or a thesis); to hand in; to file; to turn in
- I submit this plan for your consideration.
2. presentation; submission; filing
- おいこ 。
- The cabinet minister wound up submitting his resignation.
堤出: Irregular kanji usage.
1. obvious; evident; clear; plain
顕らか: Irregular kanji usage.
1. terrible; dreadful; terrifying; frightening; frightened
2. surprising; startling; tremendous; amazingoften as 恐ろしく
怖ろしい: Irregular kanji usage.
1. light; illumination; glow; gleamOnly applies to 明かり, Only applies to 明り
- You'll strain your eyes trying to read in this light.
2. lamp; lightSee also 明かりを消す
- くだ 。
- Turn on the light, please.
明り 【あかり】、灯り 【あかり】、灯 【あかり】、灯かり 【あかり】、灯火 【あかり】
灯火: Irregular kanji usage.
1. cooperation; collaborationSee also ご協力
共力: Irregular kanji usage.
1. organization; organisation; formation
- An executive council was formed to discuss the new proposal.
2. structure; construction; setup; constitution
- Most important of all, the brain needs global reentry pathways connecting these anatomical structures.
3. system (e.g. railroad, transport, party, etc.)
- とりく 。
- Party leaders are grappling with flaws in the party system.
4. tissueBiology term
- The next discussion concerns the transplantation of prenatal tissues.
5. texture (of a rock)Geology, etc. term, See also 石理
6. weave (of a fabric)
組織 【そしょく】、組職 【そしき】、組職 【そしょく】
そしょく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 組職: Irregular kanji usage. そしょく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 組職: Irregular kanji usage.
1. gradually; steadily; quietly; slowly; little by little
- The words covered are steadily increasing, so check frequently.
徐徐 【じょじょ】、除々 【じょじょ】、除除 【じょじょ】
除々: Irregular kanji usage. 除除: Irregular kanji usage.
1. advantageous; better; profitable; lucrativeSee also 不利
優利: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to shoot (at)usu. 撃つ
- He shot at me.
2. to attack; to defeat; to destroy; to avenge
討つ 【うつ】、射つ 【うつ】
射つ: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. together; jointlyUsually written using kana alone
2. at the same time; with; as ...; including; along withUsually written using kana alone, often as ...とともに
3. bothUsually written using kana alone
倶に 【ともに】、供に 【ともに】
供に: Irregular kanji usage.
1. poor; pitiable; pathetic; pitifulUsually written using kana alone
可哀相 【かわいそう】、可哀そう 【かわいそう】
可哀想: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 可哀相: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 可哀そう: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. stimulus; impetus; incentive; encouragement; motivation; provocation; excitement; thrill
刺戟 【しげき】、剌激 【しげき】
剌激: Irregular kanji usage.