Words — 3440 found
1. glasses; eyeglasses; spectaclesUsually written using kana alone
2. judgment; judgement; discrimination; discernment; insightUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to めがね, Only applies to メガネ
4. GlassesGlasses, also known as eyeglasses (formal), spectacles or... Read more
1. tobacco; cigarette; cigaret; cigarUsually written using kana alone, From Portuguese “tabaco”
2. tobacco plant (Nicotiana tabacum)Usually written using kana alone
4. TobaccoTobacco is an agricultural product processed from the lea... Read more
莨 【たばこ】、烟草 【たばこ】、煙草 【えんそう】、烟草 【えんそう】、タバコ
たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). たばこ: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading).
1. salt; common salt; table salt; sodium chloride
2. hardship; toil; trouble
3. saltinessFood, cooking
4. cold; unwelcoming; indifferentColloquialism
5. SaltSalt, also known as table salt, or rock salt, is a crysta... Read more
1. yellow; amber
2. YellowYellow is the color evoked by light that stimulates both ... Read more
黄色 【こうしょく】、黄色 【おうしょく】
2. AshtrayAn ashtray is a receptacle for ash and butts from cigaret... Read more
1. cute; adorable; charming; lovely; prettyUsually written using kana alone
- ひとり 、
- わがこ 。
- There's only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.
2. dear; precious; darling; petUsually written using kana alone
- My children are very precious to me.
3. innocent; childlike; childish; lovableUsually written using kana alone
4. dainty; little; tinyUsually written using kana alone
5. KawaiiKawaii (literally, "lovable", "cute", or "adorable") is t... Read more
可愛い: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 可愛い: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. sound; noise; report
- き 。
- We can hear the ocean from here.
- だ 。
- She struck high notes on the piano.
3. fameOnly applies to おと
4. Chinese-derived character readingOnly applies to おん, See also 訓 くん
5. SoundSound is a mechanical wave that is an oscillation of pres... Read more
音 【ね】、音 【おん】
1. baby; infant
2. InfantAn infant (from the Latin word infans, meaning "unable to... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. toyUsually written using kana alone
2. (person or thing treated as a) playthingUsually written using kana alone
3. ToyA toy is any object that can be used to play. Toys are as... Read more
玩具 【がんぐ】、翫具 【がんぐ】、オモチャ
1. merchant; trader; tradesman; dealer; shopkeeper
3. MerchantA merchant is a businessperson who trades in commodities ... Read more
商人 【あきんど】、商人 【あきうど】、商人 【あきゅうど】、商人 【あきびと】
あきうど: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あきゅうど: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あきびと: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. national border; provincial border
3. BorderBorders define geographic boundaries of political entitie... Read more
国境 【くにざかい】、国界 【こっきょう】、国界 【くにざかい】、国堺 【こっきょう】、国堺 【くにざかい】、国界 【こっかい】、国堺 【こっかい】
こっかい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. こっかい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. little girl; maiden; young lady; female usually between 7 and 18 years old
2. female between 17 and 20 years old (ritsuryo period)Archaism, Only applies to 少女, Only applies to しょうじょ
3. GirlA girl is any female human from birth through childhood a... Read more
小女 【しょうじょ】、少女 【おとめ】、乙女 【おとめ】
1. fishing; angling
- You are dying to go fishing.
2. change (for a purchase)Usually written using kana alone, Abbreviation, See also 釣り銭
- Keep the change!
4. trolling; writing deliberately inflammatory posts onlineSlang
5. AnglingAngling is a method of fishing by means of an "angle". Th... Read more
1. gun; rifle; small arms
2. FirearmA firearm is a weapon that launches one or more projectil... Read more
1. guarantee; security; assurance; pledge; warranty
2. Co-signingThe act of co-signing involves a promise to pay another p... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. old person; elderly person; senior citizen
- ささ 。
- The blind nurse devoted herself to caring for the elderly.
2. trustee of the Japan Sumo Association; retired high-ranking wrestler who is licensed to coach and receives retirement paySumo
3. senior statesman (of the Tokugawa shogunate)
4. important local official (under the Tokugawa Shogunate)
5. ToshiyoriA toshiyori (年寄) is a sumo elder of the Japan Sumo Associ... Read more
年寄 【としより】、年より 【としより】
1. average; mean
- What is the average height of the players?
2. balance; equilibrium
3. AverageIn mathematics, an average is a measure of the "middle" o... Read more
へいぎん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. lightning; thunder; thunderbolt
2. god of thunder; god of lightningOnly applies to かみなり
3. anger; fit of angerOnly applies to かみなり
4. LightningLightning is an atmospheric electrical discharge accompan... Read more
雷 【いかずち】、雷 【いかづち】、雷 【らい】
いかづち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. place; situation; position; location
2. Position (vector)In geometry, a "position", "location", or "radius vector"... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. date; dating
2. Calendar dateA date in a calendar is a reference to a particular day r... Read more
日付け 【ひづけ】、日附 【ひづけ】
日付け: Irregular okurigana usage.