Words — 411 found
1. address (e.g. of house); residence; domicile
2. Address (geography)An address is a collection of information, presented in a... Read more
1. place; spot; scene; sitealso pronounced どころ when a suffix
- Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet.
2. addressUsually written using kana alone
3. district; area; localityUsually written using kana alone
4. one's houseUsually written using kana alone
- "Do you mind if I call on you sometime?" "No, not at all."
5. point; aspect; side; facetUsually written using kana alone, See also いいとこ
- Seeing that you're not surprised, I think you must have known.
6. passage (in text); partUsually written using kana alone
7. space; roomUsually written using kana alone
8. thing; matterUsually written using kana alone
- I have been to the station to see my uncle off.
9. whereupon; as a resultUsually written using kana alone, after the plain past form of a verb
- Oh, no! I almost forgot!
10. about to; on the verge ofUsually written using kana alone, after present form of a verb
11. was just doing; was in the process of doing; have just done; just finished doingUsually written using kana alone, after past form of a verb
処 【ところ】、處 【ところ】、所 【とこ】
處: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
- Where do you watch television?
2. how much (long, far); what extentUsually written using kana alone
何処 【いどこ】、何所 【どこ】、何所 【いどこ】、何處 【どこ】、何處 【いどこ】、何処 【いずこ】、何処 【いずく】、何処 【いづこ】
いどこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. いどこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 何處: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. いどこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 何處: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. いずく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. いづこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. there; over there; that place; yonder; you-know-whereUsually written using kana alone, See also どこ, See also ここ, See also そこ, place physically distant from both speaker and listener
- み 。
- A form appeared from over there.
2. genitals; private parts; nether regionsColloquialism, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to あそこ, Only applies to あすこ, Only applies to アソコ
- せんせい 、
- Doctor, I've got an itch in my crotch.
3. that far; that much; that pointUsually written using kana alone, See also あれほど, something psychologically distant from both speaker and listener
彼処 【あすこ】、彼処 【かしこ】、彼処 【あしこ】、彼処 【あこ】、彼所 【あそこ】、彼所 【あすこ】、彼所 【かしこ】、彼所 【あしこ】、彼所 【あこ】、アソコ
あしこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あしこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. there (place relatively near listener)Usually written using kana alone, See also どこ, See also ここ, See also あそこ
- We'll arrive there within an hour.
2. there (place just mentioned); that placeUsually written using kana alone
3. then (of some incident just spoken of); that (of point just raised)Usually written using kana alone
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. punishment; penalty
2. Sanctions (law)Sanctions are penalties or other means of enforcement use... Read more
1. processing; dealing with; treatment; disposition; disposal
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. here and there; in places
所所 【ところどころ】、所々 【しょしょ】、所所 【しょしょ】、処々 【しょしょ】、処処 【しょしょ】
1. disposal; throwing away; selling off
- We have to dispose of the land.
2. dealing with (a problem); measure
3. punishment; penalty
4. putting down (e.g. diseased animal)
1. measure; step; dealing with
2. medical treatment
- Here is a pan without handles.
2. this point; here; nowUsually written using kana alone
- The population of this town has been static for the last ten years.
3. these past ... (e.g. three years); these last ...Usually written using kana alone, followed by a duration noun
4. the next ... (e.g. few days); these next ...Usually written using kana alone, followed by a duration noun
此所 【ここ】、是 【ここ】、茲 【ここ】、爰 【ここ】
2. Medical prescriptionA prescription (℞) is a health-care program implemented b... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. somewhere; anywhere; in some respectsUsually written using kana alone
どっか: Irregular kana usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. so; accordingly; now; then; thereupon; thereforeUsually written using kana alone
JLPT N1 Links
1. everywhere; somewhere; approximately; that area; around thereUsually written using kana alone
1. origin; source; authority
- A good newspaper reporter takes advantage of what he learns from any source, even the "little bird told him so" type of source.
2. birthplaceOnly applies to しゅっしょ
3. release from prison; discharge from prisonOnly applies to しゅっしょ
4. exit; point of departureOnly applies to でどころ, Only applies to でどこ
5. time to take actionOnly applies to でどころ, Only applies to でどこ
出所 【でどこ】、出処 【しゅっしょ】、出処 【でどこ】、出所 【でどころ】、出処 【でどころ】、出どころ 【でどころ】
1. point worthy of note; highlight; high point; main attraction; thing to note
2. good prospects for the future; promise
見所 【みどころ】、見処 【みどころ】
1. everywhere; all over; throughoutUsually written using kana alone
至るところ 【いたるところ】、いたる所 【いたるところ】、至る処 【いたるところ】、到る所 【いたるところ】、到るところ 【いたるところ】、到る処 【いたるところ】、いたる処 【いたるところ】