Words — 786 found
1. last (i.e. immediately preceding); previous; ex-; former
- The dismissal of foreign minister Tanaka is symbolic of the continuing political turmoil.
2. pre- (e.g. premodern)before the name of an era
3. beforeafter a noun
- とりだ 、
- お 。
- Before retiring he usually dumps the chicken feed from all his pockets onto the table.
4. before; earlierDated term, See also 前 まえ
Common word Links
1. all; whole; entire; complete; total; pan-
- とりあ 。
- All the papers featured the case.
2. complete (set); in totalbefore a number of volumes
- ぜん ２
- The dictionary comes in two volumes.
1. small dining table (usu. for a single person); serving tray (with legs)
2. meal; food; servingSee also 御膳
3. counter for bowlfuls of rice
4. counter for pairs of chopsticks
1. all; entire; whole; altogether
1. condition; assumption; prerequisite; hypothesis
- You ought to think over whether the premise is valid or not.
2. intention; intent; aim; goal
- We are dating with a view to marriage.
3. premise (in logic)
4. PresuppositionIn the branch of linguistics known as pragmatics, a presu... Read more
1. (not) at all; (not) in the slightestwith neg. sentence
- ぜんぜん 」
- "You must be tired after a long day." "No, not in the least."
2. wholly; entirely; completely; totallyneg. context, e.g. 全然反対
- Your composition is not altogether bad.
3. extremely; veryColloquialism, pos. context, e.g. 全然いいよ
1. all members; all hands; everyone; everybody; whole crew
ぜいいん: Irregular kana usage.
1. whole; entirety
2. to begin with; in the first place
3. ... the heck (e.g. "what the heck?"); ... in the world (e.g. "why in the world?"); ... on earth (e.g. "who on earth?")See also 一体全体 いったいぜんたい
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. whole (body); full-length (e.g. portrait)
- She was soaked from head to foot.
2. systemicSee also 全身性
1. front and rear; front and back; before and behind; back and forth
- ふ 。
- He shook his head back and forth.
2. before and after
3. around; about; approximatelyafter a quantity, age, time, etc.
- きかん ３０
- ねん 、
- りりつ ２％
- し 。
- Japan's ODA largely consists of concessionary yen credit repayable in 30 years, carrying an interest rate of 2% or so.
4. order; context
- Anastrophe, by switching around words, has the effect of emphasizing text.
6. just when; around the time of
7. inversion; reversion; getting out of order
8. co-occurring; happening at the same timeas 前後して
1. complete works; complete collection; complete series
1. (the) whole
2. as a whole; in general; at largeafter a noun
- い 。
- That can be said of mankind at large.
1. future; prospects; outlook
- Life lies in front of you.
2. journey ahead; distance yet to cover