Words — 384 found
1. looking; viewing
2. (please) try (to)Colloquialism, Usually written using kana alone, See also 見る, after the -te form of a verb; irreg. imperative conj. of 見る
1. the present; present time; now
- げんざい 、
- つと 。
- We are currently working to restore normal service as soon as possible.
2. as ofafter a time, date, etc.
- The ruling party has secured 50 seats as of 5 o'clock.
3. present tenseGrammar
4. this world; this lifeBuddhism, See also 現世
5. to actually exist; to exist right now; to exist right in front of one
6. PresentThe present (or now) is the time that is associated with ... Read more
見在: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to see; to look; to watch; to view; to observe
- Let's begin with the fifth line on page 10.
2. to examine; to look over; to assess; to check; to judge
- My head is swimming, so I'll try writing any-old stuff without any deep thought.
3. to look after; to attend to; to take care of; to keep an eye onSee also 看る
- I can't look after my parents and such either.
4. to experience; to meet with (misfortune, success, etc.)
- い ？
- Would you like to take in a movie?
5. to try ...; to have a go at ...; to give ... a tryUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
- We should try to understand one another.
6. to see (that) ...; to find (that) ...Usually written using kana alone, as 〜てみると, 〜てみたら, 〜てみれば, etc.
観る 【みる】、視る 【みる】
1. store; shop; establishment; restaurantorig. an abbr. of 店棚;見世棚
1. to show; to display
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. formal marriage interview; marriage meeting
3. Miaior omiai is a Japanese traditional custom in which unatta... Read more
1. to be seen; to be in sight
- くだ 、
- The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.
2. to look; to seem; to appear
- み 。
- The map on page 11 looks very strange. Turn it upside down. Then it becomes a familiar map to you.
3. to comeHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language
- A gentleman called in your absence, sir.
1. to be found; to be discovered
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. estimate; estimation; valuation; quotation
2. Sales quoteA sales quote allows a prospective buyer to see what cost... Read more
見積り 【みつもり】、見積 【みつもり】
見積: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to discover; to find (e.g. an error in a book); to come across; to detect; to spot
- み 。
- She came across some old documents in the closet.
2. to locate; to find (e.g. something missing); to find fault
- You won't find my weak point.
3. to be used to seeing; to be familiar withSee also 見慣れる
見付ける 【みつける】、見附ける 【みつける】、見附る 【みつける】、見付ける 【みっける】、見附ける 【みっける】、見附る 【みっける】
見附る: Irregular okurigana usage. みっける: Irregular kana usage. みっける: Irregular kana usage. みっける: Irregular kana usage. 見附る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. splendid; magnificent; excellent; fine; superb; beautiful; admirable
- He has a perfect swing.
2. utter (esp. defeat); total; completeusu. 見事に
3. something worth seeing; sight; spectacleArchaism
美事: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
- し 、
- If I had known about your illness, I would have visited you in the hospital.
2. get-well gifts; get-well lettersSee also 見舞い品
3. expression of sympathy; expression of concern; enquiry; inquirySee also お見舞い申し上げる
1. estimate; guess; conjecture; aim
2. direction; bearings
3. registration mark (printing)
4. approximately; about; around
1. to see someone off (at a station, an airport, etc.); to escort (e.g. home)
- い 。
- His brother went to the station to see him off.
2. to follow something with one's eyes until it is out of sight
- みおく 。
- We watched him until he was out of sight.
3. to let pass; to pass up (an opportunity etc.); to let a pitch go by (baseball); to watch a batted ball go into the stands
- She had no incentive to work after she was refused a promotion.
4. to shelve (a plan, deliberation on a bill, etc.); to postpone
5. to have someone related or close to you die; to bury someone
6. to take care of somebody until he dies
7. to wait and see; to continue (e.g. in legal contexts)
1. to ask after (someone's health); to visit
- みま 。
- He visited a sick friend who was in the hospital.
2. to attack; to strike; to meet with misfortune; to suffer an attack
- みま 。
- An earthquake of magnitude 5 shook Tokyo.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. sample; specimen; pattern
- くば 。
- They're giving away samples free.
2. model; example
- He is a fine type of mountain climber.