1. to see someone off (at a station, an airport, etc.); to escort (e.g. home)
- い 。
- His brother went to the station to see him off.
2. to follow something with one's eyes until it is out of sight
- みおく 。
- We watched him until he was out of sight.
3. to let pass; to pass up (an opportunity etc.); to let a pitch go by (baseball); to watch a batted ball go into the stands
- She had no incentive to work after she was refused a promotion.
4. to shelve (a plan, deliberation on a bill, etc.); to postpone
5. to have someone related or close to you die; to bury someone
6. to take care of somebody until he dies
7. to wait and see; to continue (e.g. in legal contexts)
Log in to talk about this word.