Words — 668 found
1. to open (e.g. doors)esp. 開く
- あ 。
- The door yielded to a strong push.
2. to open (e.g. business, etc.)esp. 開く
3. to be emptyesp. 空く
- ある 。
- With first base open, he walked the batter.
4. to be vacant; to be available; to be freeesp. 空く
- Are you free after school?
5. to be open (e.g. neckline, etc.)esp. 明く
6. to have been opened (of one's eyes, mouth, etc.)esp. 明く
7. to come to an endesp. 明く
8. to open (one's eyes, mouth, etc.)esp. 明く
9. to have a hole; to form a gap; to have an interval (between events)See also 穴が開く
- あ 。
- The leather jacket has worn out at the elbows.
空く 【あく】、明く 【あく】
1. lyeUsually written using kana alone
2. harsh taste; bitter taste; alkaline taste; astringencyUsually written using kana alone
- とりのぞ 。
- 4. Just before bringing it to the boil, set to a low flame and remove the scum again.
3. scum (on a soup, broth etc.)Usually written using kana alone
4. (excessive) self-assertiveness; strong individuality; strong idiosyncrasyUsually written using kana alone, See also あくが強い, also written incorrectly as 悪
あく: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading).
2. reconciliation; joining hands; cooperation
3. HandshakeA handshake is a short ritual in which two people grasp o... Read more
1. yawn; yawningUsually written using kana alone
2. kanji "yawning" radical (radical 76)Only applies to 欠
欠 【あくび】、欠伸 【けんしん】
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. accessory (fashion); jewelry
2. accessory (audio, car, camera, etc.)
1. heel (of foot, shoe, stocking, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
踵 【きびす】、踵 【くびす】、踵 【あくと】
JLPT N2 Links
1. to the end; to the bitter end; to the last; stubbornly; persistently; consistently; to the utmostUsually written using kana alone
2. after all; it must be remembered; only; purely; simplyUsually written using kana alone
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. accent (on a syllable, word); stress; pitch accentLinguistics
- Where do you place the stress in the word "Australia"?
2. intonation; inflection; cadence
3. (language) accent (e.g. American, British)
- Judging from his accent, he is from Kansai.
4. accent (e.g. in a design); highlight; emphasis
5. accent (on a note)Music
6. Accent (linguistics)In linguistics, an accent is a manner of pronunciation pe... Read more
1. nightmare; bad dream
2. NightmareA nightmare is an unpleasant dream that can cause a stron... Read more
1. ill will; spite; evil intention; malice
- Don't read evil intentions into the ordinary actions of people around you.
2. bad meaning
3. mala fides; bad faith; criminal intent to deceiveLaw, See also 善意
5. Bad faithBad faith is double mindedness or double heartedness in d... Read more
1. grip (of hand); grip strength
2. Grip strengthGrip strength is the force applied by the hand to pull on... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. rubbish; trash; garbage; refuseUsually written using kana alone
芥 【ごみ】、ゴミ、芥 【あくた】
1. evil spirit
2. DemonA demon is a supernatural, often malevolent being prevale... Read more
1. bad person; villain; scoundrel; wrongdoer; wicked person
1. malicious; vicious; malignant; underhanded
2. shoddy; inferior; poor-quality; second-rate