1. to open (e.g. doors)esp. 開く
- あ 。
- The door yielded to a strong push.
2. to open (e.g. business, etc.)esp. 開く
3. to be emptyesp. 空く
- ある 。
- With first base open, he walked the batter.
4. to be vacant; to be available; to be freeesp. 空く
5. to be open (e.g. neckline, etc.)esp. 明く
6. to have been opened (of one's eyes, mouth, etc.)esp. 明く
7. to come to an endesp. 明く
8. to open (one's eyes, mouth, etc.)esp. 明く
9. to have a hole; to form a gap; to have an interval (between events)See also 穴が開く
- あ 。
- The leather jacket has worn out at the elbows.
空く 【あく】、明く 【あく】
Log in to talk about this word.