Words — 111 found
1. dot; spot; point; speck; mark
- I can see the tiniest spot.
2. mark (in an exam, etc.); grade; score; points
- くだ 。
- Will you put a dot before the names of the successful students?
3. point (in a game); score; goal; run
- Our team is two points ahead.
4. point (in geometry)Mathematics
5. point; aspect; matter; detail; part; respect; way; viewpoint
6. (punctuation) mark (e.g. comma, period, decimal point); dot
- I'm going to have two pieces in her gallery.
7. "dot" stroke (in a Chinese character)
8. counter for points, marks, goals, etc.
9. counter for goods, items, articles of clothing, works of art, etc.
1. dot; point; markUsually written using kana alone
2. gidayū musicians (in kabuki)Usually written using kana alone, See also 義太夫
1. marks; points; score; grade; runs (baseball)
2. number of items; number of articles
1. face; official stance; public position or attitude (as opposed to private thoughts)Only applies to 建て前, Only applies to 建前, Only applies to 立て前, Only applies to 立前, Antonym: 本音
- Although many pay lip service to the idea of affirmative action, in reality, very few minorities get hired.
2. ceremony for the erection of the framework of a houseOnly applies to 建て前, Only applies to 建前
3. tea ceremony procedures; tea ceremony etiquetteOnly applies to 立て前, Only applies to 立前, Only applies to 点て前, Only applies to 点前
建前 【たてまえ】、立て前 【たてまえ】、立前 【たてまえ】、点て前 【たてまえ】、点前 【たてまえ】、点前 【てまえ】
JLPT N2 Links
1. here and there; little by little; sporadically; scattered in drops
2. dots; spots
1. raindrops; falling drop of water
- Constant dripping wears away a stone.
2. intravenous drip; IV; drip-feedMedicine, etc. term
- う 。
- I had an intravenous drip in hospital.
1. to nod; to bow one's head in assent; to agree
頷く 【うなづく】、肯く 【うなずく】、肯く 【うなづく】、首肯く 【うなずく】、首肯く 【うなづく】、点頭く 【うなずく】、点頭く 【うなづく】
1. switching on and off (of a light); flashing; blinking; flickering
1. to be lit (e.g. candle, lamp, light bulb); to be lighted; to be burning
灯る 【とぼる】、点る 【ともる】、点る 【とぼる】、燈る 【ともる】、燈る 【とぼる】
燈る: Out-dated kanji. 燈る: Out-dated kanji.
1. unscrupulous business practice of making sales by posing as an inspector and declaring the need for replacement items
- Please exercise every caution against cowboy salesmen of water purifiers and fraudulent-test sales.
2. BrailleThe Braille system is a method that is widely used by peo... Read more