Words — 6582 found
1. physical education; PE; gym (class)
2. Physical educationPhysical education (often abbreviated Phys. Ed. or P.E. )... Read more
たいく: Irregular kana usage.
1. tedium; boredom; dullness
2. to feel bored; to get bored with; to get tired of
3. BoredomBoredom is an emotional state experienced when an individ... Read more
怠屈: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. obi; kimono sash
- Her kimono and obi combination is smart, isn't it?
3. band; belt; strip
6. Obi (sash)is a sash for traditional Japanese dress, keikogi worn fo... Read more
帯 【たらし】、帶 【おび】、帶 【たらし】
たらし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 帶: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. たらし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 帶: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. very; greatly; terribly; awfully
- つか 。
- I am dead tired from walking around all day.
2. immense; enormous; great
- おも 。
- At the risk of sticking my neck out, I think that if we do that, we're making a big, big mistake.
3. serious; grave; dreadful; terrible
- There will be hell to pay if I don't make this deadline.
4. difficult; hard
5. major incident; disasterArchaism
1. high; tallOnly applies to 高い, Antonym: 低い
- Banks charge higher interest on loans to risky customers.
2. expensive; high-priced
- おも 。
- I'm afraid that place is a little too expensive.
3. high (level); above average (in degree, quality, etc.)
- The new production process achieves a high yield.
5. high-pitched; shrill
高価い: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to stand; to rise; to stand upOnly applies to 立つ
- But among you stands one you do not know.
2. to find oneself (e.g. in a difficult position)Only applies to 立つ
- た 。
- The minister was in a fix over illegal dealings.
3. to depart (on a plane, train, etc.)usu. 発つ
- Ah, you're leaving tomorrow!
1. enjoyable; fun; pleasant; happy; delightful
愉しい 【たのしい】、娯しい 【たのしい】
愉しい: Irregular kanji usage. 娯しい: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to request; to beg; to ask
- May I request a favour of you?
2. to call; to order; to reserve
- とど 。
- I'm still waiting for my order.
3. to entrust to
- Take care of Mr. Tanaka for me!
4. to rely onesp. 恃む
5. please; please doColloquialism
恃む 【たのむ】、憑む 【たのむ】
1. important; significant; serious; crucial
2. precious; valuable; dear; cherished; beloved
3. carefulSee also 大切に, usu. adverbially as ～に
たいせち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. perhaps; probably
- I expect you know all about it.
2. generous; many; much; great
1. crowd of people; great number of people
2. in great numbers
大勢 【たいぜい】、大ぜい 【おおぜい】、大ぜい 【たいぜい】
1. the vertical; height
2. front-to-back; length
- Put the tables end to end.
4. vertical (relationship); hierarchy
5. (weaving) warpSee also 経糸 たていと
竪 【たて】、経 【たて】、タテ
1. a lot; lots; plenty; many; a large number; much; a great deal; a good dealUsually written using kana alone
2. enough; sufficientUsually written using kana alone
3. enough; too many; too muchUsually written using kana alone, See also 沢山 だくさん, after a noun; usu. read as だくさん
1. to eat
- You should eat more fruit.
2. to live on (e.g. a salary); to live off; to subsist on
- いき 。
- Lions live on other animals.
喰べる: Irregular kanji usage.
- Down came the rain in torrents.
3. WaterfallA waterfall is a place where water flows over a vertical ... Read more
瀧: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
2. DrumThe drum is a member of the percussion group of musical i... Read more