Words — 385 found
- She translated it word for word.
2. deciphering; decoding
4. TranslationTranslation is the communication of the meaning of a sour... Read more
飜訳: Rarely-used kanji form.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. transfer (trains, buses, etc.); change; connection
- Is it necessary to change trains along the way?
2. switch (to another ideology, party, system, method, etc.); change; conversion
3. switching (stock)Finance
4. chromosomal crossover; crossing overBiology, See also 交差
乗換 【のりかえ】、乗換え 【のりかえ】、乗りかえ 【のりかえ】、乗り替え 【のりかえ】、乗替え 【のりかえ】
1. competition; contest; rivalry; race
- じっちゅうはっく 、
- In nine cases out of ten, he will win the race.
2. competition (between organisms or species)Biology
- Jane and Mary are always competing for attention.
1. fixing (in place); being fixed (in place); securing; anchoring; fastening down
2. fixing (e.g. salary, capital); keeping the same
3. fixation (histology)Biology
4. user name (on an online forum like 2ch where the majority of users post anonymously)Internet slang, Abbreviation, See also 固定ハンドル
5. user of an online handle (instead of posting anonymously)Internet slang, Abbreviation, See also 固定ハンドル
2. cell (in an organization, esp. a communist party)
3. Cell (biology)The cell is the basic structural and functional unit of a... Read more
1. circuit (electric)
2. cycle (e.g. Krebs cycle)Biology
1. reflection; reverberationPhysics
- かがや 。
- Her eyes shone as they reflected the light of the room.
2. reflex; reflexesPhysiology
3. Reflection (physics)Reflection is the change in direction of a wavefront at a... Read more
1. organization; organisation; formation
- An executive council was formed to discuss the new proposal.
2. structure; construction; setup; constitution
- Most important of all, the brain needs global reentry pathways connecting these anatomical structures.
3. system (e.g. railroad, transport, party, etc.)
- とりく 。
- Party leaders are grappling with flaws in the party system.
- The next discussion concerns the transplantation of prenatal tissues.
5. texture (of a rock)Geology, See also 石理
6. weave (of a fabric)
組織 【そしょく】、組職 【そしき】、組職 【そしょく】
そしょく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 組職: Irregular kanji usage. そしょく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 組職: Irregular kanji usage.
1. stock; shareFinance
- He invested a lot of money in stocks.
2. stumporig. meaning
3. (clump of) roots; plant with attached roots or stem
- う 。
- She planted some pansies in the flower bed.
4. strain (of bacteria, etc.)Biology
5. stock company; corporation; kabushiki kaisha; KKAbbreviation, See also 株式会社, in company names; written as (株) or ㈱
- かぶ ）
- GE announced the acquisition of the Lake company for $30 million.
6. goodwill (of a business); privilege (that comes with a role)
7. reputation; standing; popularity
- あ 。
- His stock with the students has soared.
8. one's forteSee also お株, usu. as お株
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. crossing; intersection
- The two roads cut across the street from us.
2. (genetic) crossing overBiology
1. occurrence; incidence; outbreak; birth (e.g. of civilization)
- Carbon monoxide is a poisonous substance formed by the incomplete combustion of carbon compounds.
2. generation (of power, heat, etc.); production
3. ontogeny; development; growth; breedingBiology
1. restoration to life; coming to life again; resuscitation; regeneration
2. reformation; rehabilitation
3. recycling; reclamation; recovery
- We must develop renewable energy sources.
4. playback; regeneration (of video or sound); views (of an online video)
- Please play it back for me after you've finished the recording.
5. regeneration (of lost or damage tissue); regrowthBiology
6. rebirth; reincarnation
7. recall (memory); retrievalPsychology
1. stone (of a fruit); pit; pip
2. core (of an organization, team, etc.); nucleus; heart
3. nuclear weaponsSee also 核兵器
- No country under the sun is safe in this nuclear age.
4. nucleus (of an atom)Physics, See also 原子核
5. nucleus (of a cell)Biology, See also 細胞核
6. condensation nucleusMeteorology, See also 凝結核
7. (planetary) coreAstronomy
8. ring (in a cyclic compound)Chemistry
9. kernel; coreMathematics
10. nucleus (of a cultured pearl)
- Two soldiers kept guard at the gate.
2. branch of learning based on the teachings of a single masterOnly applies to もん
3. division; phylumBiology, Only applies to もん
4. counter for cannonsOnly applies to もん
1. permeation (of thought, ideology, culture, etc.); infiltration (e.g. of ideas); spread; penetration (e.g. into a market); pervasion
2. permeation (of a liquid, etc.); soaking; percolation
3. osmosisChemistry, Biology
4. OsmosisOsmosis is the net movement of solvent molecules through ... Read more
滲透: Rarely-used kanji form.
2. AntibodyAn antibody, also known as an immunoglobulin, is a large ... Read more
1. culture; cultivationBiology
2. cultivation (of plants); growing; raising
3. cultivation (e.g. of a skill); nurture (of democracy, national power, etc.); growth
4. Microbiological cultureA microbiological culture, or microbial culture, is a met... Read more