Words — 458 found
1. wall; partition
- The man dashed the bottle against the wall.
2. barrier; obstaclefiguratively
4. WallA wall is a vertical structure, usually solid, that defin... Read more
1. cattle (Bos taurus); cow; bull; ox; calf
- My father has a ranch and breeds cattle and horses.
2. beefSee also 牛肉, usu. ぎゅう
- In Japan beef has a high degree of marbled fat.
4. CattleCattle (colloquially cows) are the most common type of la... Read more
- やく ４
- It has a wingspan of about four inches.
3. counter for birds or bird wingsArchaism, Only applies to よく
4. WingA wing is an appendage with a surface that produces lift ... Read more
1. ogre; demon; oni
- わら 。
- Next year is the devil's joke.
2. spirit of a deceased personSee also 亡魂
3. ogre-like person (i.e. fierce, relentless, merciless, etc.)Only applies to おに
4. it (in a game of tag, hide-and-seek, etc.)Only applies to おに, See also 鬼ごっこ おにごっこ
6. very; extremely; super-Slang, Only applies to おに, See also 超
7. Oni (folklore)are creatures from Japanese folklore, variously translate... Read more
- ひと 。
- The sum of all the angles in a triangle equals 180 degrees.
2. square; cube
3. bishopShogi, Abbreviation, See also 角行 かくぎょう
4. third degree (of the Japanese and Chinese pentatonic scale)See also 五音
6. jiao (monetary unit of China; one-tenth of a yuan)See also 元 げん
7. Horn (anatomy)A horn is a pointed projection of the skin on the head of... Read more
1. meeting; assembly; gathering
- This is a very important meeting.
3. conjunctionAstronomy, See also 合
1. to chip; to be chipped; to break (off); to be damaged
- か 。
- My back tooth has chipped.
2. to be missing (from a set, team, etc.); to be absent; to become lost
- The main thing that dreams lack is consistency.
3. to be lacking (in); to be short (of); to be deficient; to be wanting (in)
- かけ 。
- Mary is lacking in delicacy.
4. to wane (of the moon); to go into eclipseAntonym: 満ちる みちる, also 虧ける
缺ける 【かける】、闕ける 【かける】
1. orbit; trajectoryAstronomy, Physics
- The satellite made 10 orbits of the earth.
2. railroad track
3. (right) track; proper courseSee also 軌道に乗る
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. passage (of time); elapsing; lapse
- それいらい ３
- Three years have passed since then.
2. progress; development; course (of events)
- The status of the project is as follows.
1. stone (of a fruit); pit; pip
2. core (of an organization, team, etc.); nucleus; heart
3. nuclear weaponsSee also 核兵器
- No country under the sun is safe in this nuclear age.
4. nucleus (of an atom)Physics, See also 原子核
5. nucleus (of a cell)Biology, See also 細胞核
6. condensation nucleusSee also 凝結核
7. (planetary) coreAstronomy
8. ring (in a cyclic compound)Chemistry
9. kernel; coreMathematics
10. nucleus (of a cultured pearl)
1. solar eclipseAstronomy
2. Solar eclipseAs seen from the Earth, a Solar eclipse occurs when the M... Read more
1. gō; traditional unit of volume, approx. 0.1804 litres
2. gō; traditional unit of area, approx 0.33 metres square
3. one-tenth of the way from the base to the summit of a mountain
4. conjunctionAstronomy, See also 衝
- じっさい 「はやぶさ」
- ごう 」
- よ 。
- Of course "Hayabusa" is not actually closing in on the Sun, it is just positioned as in the figure so that, seen from the Earth, it is on the opposite side of the Sun; this is called 'conjunction'.
5. sum; totalSee also 合計
7. minor premise (in hetuvidya)
8. counter for covered containers
9. counter for matches, battles, etc.
10. Gō (unit)The gō is a traditional Japanese unit of area and volume.... Read more
1. Milky WayAstronomy
- There are many galaxies in the universe.
3. GalaxyA galaxy is a massive, gravitationally bound system that ... Read more
1. lunar eclipseAstronomy
2. Lunar eclipseA lunar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes behind the Ea... Read more
1. shooting star; falling star; meteorSee also 流星
2. blaze (wide white stripe down the face of a horse)
1. (fixed) star (i.e. not a planet, meteorite, etc.)Astronomy
2. StarA star is a massive, luminous sphere of plasma held toget... Read more
1. Milky Way galaxy; Milky Way; the GalaxyAstronomy
2. galactic system; galaxyAstronomy
3. Milky WayThe Milky Way is the galaxy that contains the Earth. This... Read more