Words — 2985 found
1. general; ordinary; usual
- やりすご 。
- I usually spend the whole day idly on Sunday.
2. normally; generally; usually
- Do you usually have tea for breakfast?
3. reallyColloquialism, as 普通に
4. local train; train that stops at every stationAbbreviation, See also 普通列車
5. Normality (behavior)Normality (also known as normalcy) is the state of being ... Read more
1. special; particular; extraordinary; exceptional; especial
2. ParticularIn philosophy, particulars are concrete entities existing... Read more
1. honest; frank; candid; straightforward
- The fact proves his honesty.
2. honestly; frankly
- To tell the truth, I don't like classical music. On the other hand, Molly is really into it.
4. HonestyHonesty refers to a facet of moral character and denotes ... Read more
Common word JLPT N5 Links
2. from; out of; since; at; on
- とうじょう ！
- Now Beth enters, stage right!
3. except; but; other than
- しかた 。
- I had no choice but to stay.
- Since we can't find a better one, let's make the best of what we have.
5. Yori (kana), read as yori, is a typographic ligature in the Japanese... Read more
1. number one; first; first place
- I will take this tie, as it seems to be the best.
2. best; most
3. game; round; bout
4. as a test; as an experiment; by way of experiment; by way of trial; tentativelySee also 試しに
5. song (e.g. in noh); piece
- したが 。
- We are subject to the laws of nature.
2. natural; spontaneous; automatic
- Not just for the sake of the ecology, a natural living environment is necessary.
3. naturally; spontaneously; automatically
4. Nature"Natural" and "Natural World" redirect here. For other us... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. now; the present time; just now; soon; immediately
2. another; more
1. all; everyone; everybodyUsually written using kana alone
- The people which were here have all gone.
2. everythingUsually written using kana alone
- All the dinner had been eaten before he came.
皆んな 【みんな】、皆 【みな】
皆んな: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. very; greatly; terribly; awfully
- つか 。
- I am dead tired from walking around all day.
2. immense; enormous; great
- おも 。
- At the risk of sticking my neck out, I think that if we do that, we're making a big, big mistake.
3. serious; grave; dreadful; terrible
- There will be hell to pay if I don't make this deadline.
4. difficult; hard
5. major incident; disasterArchaism
1. small quantity; little; few; something
- たも 、
- もど 。
- Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.
2. little while
- Do you mind if I watch TV for a while?
3. short distance
寡し 【すこし】、些し 【すこし】
些し: Out-dated kanji.
1. again; once more; once again; another time; some other timeUsually written using kana alone
2. also; too; as well; likewiseUsually written using kana alone
3. on the other hand; whileUsually written using kana alone
4. and; in addition; besides; moreover; furthermoreUsually written using kana alone
5. or; otherwiseUsually written using kana alone
6. really; how; (what, why) on earthUsually written using kana alone, expresses surprise, shock, doubt, etc.
亦 【また】、復 【また】
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. remainder; remnant; rest; balance; surplus; remains (of a meal); leftoversUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to あまり
- Gyoza stuffing? I made some gyoza at home but, possibly because I didn't have enough dough, I had some of the filling left over.
2. (not) very; (not) muchUsually written using kana alone, with neg. sentence
- It's not worth much.
4. extreme; great; severe; tremendous; terrible
- We were entranced by the fabulous suite.
5. more than; overOnly applies to あまり
- I lived for more than a month in Nagoya.
余り 【あんまり】、餘り 【あまり】、餘り 【あんまり】
餘り: Out-dated kanji. 餘り: Out-dated kanji.
1. truth; reality; actuality; fact
2. proper; right; correct; official
3. genuine; authentic; real; natural; veritable
本当 【ほんと】、本當 【ほんとう】、本當 【ほんと】、ホント、ホントー、ホントウ
ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji. ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji. ホント: Irregular kana usage.
1. sometimes; at times
時時 【ときどき】、時どき 【ときどき】
1. perhaps; probably
- I expect you know all about it.
2. generous; many; much; great
1. splendid; nice; wonderful; delicious; sweet
- へ 、
- It's true that there are fewer children due to the falling birthrate, and there are fewer children in the school, but that is all to the good.
2. sufficient; fine (in the sense of "I'm fine"); (by implication) no thank you
- "Can I help you?" "No, thank you. I'm just looking around."
3. well enough; OK; tolerable
- If you wish, you may pick them up, or we would be glad to send them back to you.
4. quite; reasonably; fairly; tolerably
- でんじは 。
- I sit in front of a computer screen all day, so I get pretty heavily bombarded by electro-magnetic waves.
5. construction; architectureArchaism
1. safe; secure; sound; problem-free; without fear; all right; alright; OK; okay
- She is all right at the moment.
2. certainly; surely; undoubtedly
- No, no, that's okay.
3. no thanks; I'm good; that's alrightColloquialism
4. great man; fine figure of a manArchaism, Only applies to だいじょうぶ, See also 大丈夫 だいじょうふ
1. how many?Usually written using kana alone
- No, not how many toys, how many keys?
2. how old?
- How old is your father?