Words — 3856 found
1. number one; first; first place
- I will take this tie, as it seems to be the best.
2. best; most
3. game; round; bout
4. as a test; as an experiment; by way of experiment; by way of trial; tentativelySee also 試しに
5. song (e.g. in noh); piece
1. time; hour; moment刻 signifies a time of day; 秋 signifies an important time
- His voice broke when he was twelve.
2. occasion; caseOnly applies to 時
- You cannot be too careful when you drive a car.
3. chance; opportunity; seasonOnly applies to 時
4. the times; the age; the dayOnly applies to 時
5. tenseLinguistics, Only applies to 時
6. AutumnAutumn or fall is one of the four temperate seasons. Autu... Read more
刻 【とき】、秋 【とき】
1. result; consequence; outcome; effect
2. coming to fruition; bearing fruit
3. as a result; consequently; therefore
- けっか 、
- As a result, we play ball inside on rainy days.
4. CorollaryA corollary is a statement that follows readily from a pr... Read more
1. fact; truth; reality
2. FactA fact (derived from the Latin factum, see below) is some... Read more
1. the present; present time; now
- げんざい 、
- つと 。
- We are currently working to restore normal service as soon as possible.
2. as ofafter a time, date, etc.
- The ruling party has secured 50 seats as of 5 o'clock.
3. present tenseGrammar
4. this world; this lifeBuddhism, See also 現世
5. to actually exist; to exist right now; to exist right in front of one
6. PresentThe present (or now) is the time that is associated with ... Read more
見在: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. the past; bygone days
2. one's past (that one would prefer remained secret)
3. past (tense); preterit; preteriteGrammar
4. previous lifeBuddhism
5. PastMost generally, the past is a term used to indicate the t... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. noon; midday
2. NoonNoon (also midday or noon time) is usually defined as 12 ... Read more
- したが 。
- We are subject to the laws of nature.
2. natural; spontaneous; automatic
- Not just for the sake of the ecology, a natural living environment is necessary.
3. naturally; spontaneously; automatically
4. Nature"Natural" and "Natural World" redirect here. For other us... Read more
1. moment; second; instant
2. Jiffy (time)Jiffy is an informal term for any unspecified short perio... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
- What did the announcement just say?
2. you-know-what; that thing
- くら 、
- "No, not so much. At most comparing sizes, telling dirty stories." "Sizes of what?" "Of 'that'."
3. whatsit; whachamacallit; what's-his-name; what's-her-name
4. (not) at all; (not) in the slightestwith neg. sentence
5. what?; huh?indicates surprise
- こしぬ ！
- What? You can't do it? You coward! Chicken!
6. hey!indicates anger or irritability
7. oh, no (it's fine); why (it's nothing); oh (certainly not)used to dismiss someone's worries, concerns, etc.
1. now; the present time; just now; soon; immediately
2. another; more
1. today; this day
- The accident happened a year ago today.
2. these days; recently; nowadaysOnly applies to こんにち
- Nowadays more and more people prefer country life to city life.
今日 【こんにち】、今日 【こんち】、今日 【こんじつ】
1. everyone; everybody; allUsually written using kana alone
- あい 。
- She is loved by everybody.
2. everything; allUsually written using kana alone
- The leaves have all fallen.
皆んな 【みんな】、皆 【みな】
皆んな: Irregular okurigana usage.
2. near futureOnly applies to あす
明日 【あす】、明日 【みょうにち】
1. very; greatly; terribly; awfully
- つか 。
- I am dead tired from walking around all day.
2. immense; enormous; great
- おも 。
- At the risk of sticking my neck out, I think that if we do that, we're making a big, big mistake.
3. serious; grave; dreadful; terrible
- There will be hell to pay if I don't make this deadline.
4. difficult; hard
5. major incident; disasterArchaism
1. small quantity; little; few; something
- たま 、
- もど 。
- Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.
2. little while
- Do you mind if I watch TV for a while?
3. short distance
寡し 【すこし】、些し 【すこし】
些し: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. again; once more; once again; another time; some other timeUsually written using kana alone
- Nice to see you again!
2. also; too; as well; likewiseUsually written using kana alone
- き 。
- Jim is coming to the party, too.
3. on the other hand; whileUsually written using kana alone
- おも 。
- I understand her, but on the other hand I don't think she's right.
4. and; in addition; besides; moreover; furthermoreUsually written using kana alone
- い 。
- おも 。
- I can not go, nor do I want to.
5. or; otherwiseUsually written using kana alone
- Do you know where to go or whom to ask for information?
6. really; how; (what, why) on earthUsually written using kana alone, expresses surprise, shock, doubt, etc.
- Draft beer tastes especially good on a hot day.
亦 【また】、復 【また】