Words — 1053 found
1. independence; self-reliance; supporting oneself; being on one's own
- She is independent of her parents.
2. independence (e.g. of a nation); freedom
- India gained independence from Britain in 1947.
3. separation; isolation
- The more stubborn you are, the more isolated you become.
4. IndependenceIndependence is a condition of a nation, country, or stat... Read more
1. to stand; to rise; to stand upOnly applies to 立つ
- But among you stands one you do not know.
2. to find oneself (e.g. in a difficult position)Only applies to 立つ
- た 。
- The minister was in a fix over illegal dealings.
3. to depart (on a plane, train, etc.)usu. 発つ
- Ah, you're leaving tomorrow!
1. splendid; fine; handsome; elegant; imposing; prominent
2. praiseworthy; creditable; worthy
3. legal; legitimate; lawful
4. undeniable (e.g. crime); indisputable; solid
1. menu; bill of fare
2. program; programme; schedule
3. MenuIn a restaurant, a menu is a presentation of food and bev... Read more
1. to be helpful; to be useful
役にたつ 【やくにたつ】、やくに立つ 【やくにたつ】
2. Neutrality (international relations)A neutral power in a particular war is a sovereign state ... Read more
1. to stand up; to put up; to set up; to erect; to raisealso written as 起てる
- た 。
- The dog pricked up his ears at the sound.
2. to thrust into; to bury into; to dig into
- He is liable to shout when angry.
3. to make (a noise); to start (a rumour); to raise (a cloud of dust, etc.); to cause
- た 。
- The cat dug its claws into my hand.
4. to make; to establish; to set up; to develop; to formulate
- じっこうにうつ 。
- He carried out the plan he had made in detail.
5. to put up (a political candidate); to make (one's leader)
6. to treat with respect; to give (someone) their due; to make (someone) look good; to avoid embarrassing (someone)
7. to sharpen; to make clear
8. to shut; to closeSee also 閉てる
9. to make tea (matcha); to perform the tea ceremonySee also 点てる
10. to divide by
11. to do ... vigorouslyafter the -masu stem of a verb
1. handstand; headstand
2. being upside down; being in reverse
3. HandstandA handstand is the act of supporting the body in a stable... Read more
1. position; situation
- I'm not in a position to answer.
2. viewpoint; standpoint; point of view
- Try to see the problem from her point of view.
1. to stand up; to get up
2. to rise
3. to recover
4. to take action; to start
5. to make the initial chargeSumo term
6. to start up; to boot upComputer terminology
立上がる 【たちあがる】、起ち上がる 【たちあがる】、立ちあがる 【たちあがる】
1. confrontation; opposition; antagonism
1. formation; establishment; materialization; coming into existence
- A new law has come into existence.
2. conclusion (e.g. of a deal); approval; completion; arrangement
3. being valid (of a theory, argument, etc.); holding; applying
1. private (establishment)See also 市立 しりつ, わたくしりつ spoken to avoid confusion with 市立
1. to stop (in one's tracks); to come to a stop; to halt; to pause; to stand still
立ち止まる 【たちとまる】、立ち止る 【たちどまる】、立ち止る 【たちとまる】、立ちどまる 【たちどまる】、立ちどまる 【たちとまる】、立止る 【たちどまる】、立止る 【たちとまる】、立ち留まる 【たちどまる】、立ち留まる 【たちとまる】、立留まる 【たちどまる】、立留まる 【たちとまる】、立留る 【たちどまる】、立留る 【たちとまる】
たちとまる: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. たちとまる: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. たちとまる: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. たちとまる: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. たちとまる: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. たちとまる: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. たちとまる: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to be conspicuous; to stand out
1. to assemble; to set up; to construct
組立てる 【くみたてる】、組み立る 【くみたてる】
組み立る: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. (sudden) evening shower (rain)
夕立ち: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to stop by; to drop in for a short visit
立寄る 【たちよる】、立ちよる 【たちよる】
1. establishment; founding
2. incorporation (of a business)