Words — 470 found
1. hand; armSee also お手 おて, occ. pronounced た when a prefix
- I made motions at him to come here with my hand.
2. forepaw; forelegColloquialism, See also お手 おて
- Here is a pan without handles.
4. hand; worker; help
5. trouble; care; effort
6. means; way; trick; move; technique; workmanship
- おも 。
- I hit upon a good idea.
7. hand; handwriting
8. kind; type; sort
9. one's hands; one's possessionSee also 手に入る
- はい 。
- Books are now within the reach of everybody.
10. ability to copeSee also 手に余る
11. hand (of cards)
- くば 。
- I was dealt a good hand.
12. directionSee also 山の手
13. move (in go, shogi, etc.)
15. HandA hand is a prehensile, multi-fingered extremity located ... Read more
1. stamp (postage); merchandise certificate
2. Postage stamp1. Image 2. Perforations 3. Denomination 4. Country name]... Read more
2. reconciliation; joining hands; cooperation
3. HandshakeA handshake is a short ritual in which two people grasp o... Read more
1. assistant; helper
2. assistant (to a professor)Only applies to じょしゅ
すけて: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. skillful; skilled; proficient; good (at); adept; cleverAntonym: 下手 へた
- Do you play basketball well?
上手 【じょうて】、上手 【じょうしゅ】
じょうて: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. じょうしゅ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. unskillful; poor; awkwardAntonym: 上手 じょうず
- He comes from England, but is very poor at English.
2. imprudent; untactful
- Take care not to make a foolish move.
1. cheque; check
2. ChequeA cheque (or check in American English) is a document/ins... Read more
1. companion; partner; company
- Who is your dance partner?
2. other party; addressee
- All those tricks he's got up his sleeve make him a formidable client.
3. opponent (sports, etc.)
- だい １
- い 。
- The boxer said he would knock down his opponent in the first round.
1. player (sports); athlete; team member
1. poor (at); weak (in); not very good (at)
2. not one's cup of tea; not one's favorite
1. showy; loud; gay; flashy; gaudy
1. driver; chauffeur
2. ChauffeurA chauffeur is a person employed to drive a passenger mot... Read more
1. handle; grip; knob
把手 【とって】、把っ手 【とって】、取手 【とって】、把手 【はしゅ】
取手: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. embankment; bank
2. beef sinew stewed in miso and mirinAbbreviation, See also どて焼き
1. to start work (on); to undertake
- He undertook a great deal of work.
2. to start committing a crimeLaw, etc. term, also 著手
3. embarkation; launch
1. pitcherBaseball term
2. PitcherIn baseball, the pitcher is the player who throws the bas... Read more
Common word Links
1. checkShogi term
2. Check (chess)18pxa b c d e f g h 18px 826pxpx26pxpx26pxpx26pxpx26pxpx2... Read more