Words — 918 found
1. suburb; residential area on the outskirt of a city; commuter belt
2. SuburbThe word suburb mostly refers to a residential area, eith... Read more
1. outside; exterior
- で 、
- You have to be outside something, able to experience it from a distance, before it makes sense.
2. open air
- Let's occasionally change where we go to eat out.
3. other place
- Our house, our rules.
と: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. foreign; abroad; overseas
2. selling (e.g. door-to-door); canvassing
3. DiplomacyDiplomacy (from Latin diploma, meaning an official docume... Read more
1. foreign country
そとぐに: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. with the exception of; excepting
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. going out; outing; leaving (one's home, office, etc.)
そとで: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to remove; to take off; to detach; to unfasten; to undo
- はず 。
- He took off his glasses.
2. to drop (e.g. from a team); to remove (from a position); to exclude; to expel
- はず 。
- I was dropped from the baseball team.
3. to leave (e.g. one's seat); to go away from; to step out; to slip away
4. to dodge (a question, blow, etc.); to evade; to sidestep; to avoid (e.g. peak season)
5. to miss (a target, chance, punch, etc.)Antonym: 当たる
1. to be disconnected; to get out of place; to be off; to be out (e.g. of gear)
- The rear-view mirror fell off.
2. to miss the mark; to get it wrong (e.g. guess, expectation); to draw a blank (e.g. lottery)
- My first guess was wide off the mark.
3. to be removed; to be excluded
- はず 。
- He was dropped from the team because of an injury.
4. to be contrary to; to go against
- はず 。
- His explanation is beside the point.
1. outside (e.g. of a building); exterior
- も 。
- The secret leaked out.
2. outside (of a group, company, etc.); outside world
- うたがいぶか 。
- Country people are traditionally suspicious of strangers.
1. unexpectedly; surprisingly
2. unexpected; unanticipated; unforeseen; surprising
1. surgerySee also 内科
2. department of surgery (hospital, etc.)
1. another place; somewhere else; strange partsUsually written using kana alone, See also 他所 たしょ
2. outside (one's family or group); those peopleUsually written using kana alone, Antonym: 内 うち
3. unrelated matterUsually written using kana alone, See also よそにする, often as 〜をよそに, 〜をよそにして, etc.
他所 【よそ】、外 【よそ】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. outdoors; outside; open air
2. fields; outskirts; suburbs
1. outward appearance; exterior appearance; outward show; looks