Words — 190 found
1. now; the present time; just now; soon; immediately
2. another; more
1. today; this day
- The accident happened a year ago today.
2. these days; recently; nowadaysOnly applies to こんにち
- Nowadays more and more people prefer country life to city life.
今日 【こんにち】、今日 【こんち】、今日 【こんじつ】
きょう: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading).
1. this time; now
- I will overlook your lateness this time.
2. next time; another time; shortly; soon
- くだ 。
- Please drop in to see us next time you come to London.
3. recently; lately; the other day
1. at any moment (now); at any minute; on the verge of (doing); just about to
1. now (when it is already much too late); at this stage
2. afresh; anew; again
1. hello; good day; good afternoonUsually written using kana alone, は is pronounced as わ
こんにちわ: Irregular kana usage.
1. now (esp. in contrast to the past); now at last; at present; right now
1. ancient and modern times; all ages; past and present
こきん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.