Words — 501 found
1. sky; the air; the heavens
3. far-off place; distant place
4. state of mind; feelingoften as 〜空もない
5. (from) memory; (by) heartusu. as 空で
6. falsehood; lie
7. somehow; vaguelybefore an adjective
8. fakebefore a noun or a verb
虚: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. emptiness; vacuum; blank
2. SkyThe sky, also known as the celestial dome, commonly refer... Read more
1. empty air; sky
- み 。
- The guard's truncheon hit air. Off balance, he regained his posture to see a metal-mesh rubbish bin flying towards him.
2. shunyata; emptiness; the lack of an immutable intrinsic nature within any phenomenonBuddhist term
3. air forceAbbreviation, See also 空軍
4. fruitlessness; meaninglessness
5. void (one of the five elements)See also 五大
6. empty (e.g. set)Mathematics
1. hollow; cavity; hole
虚 【うつお】、虚 【うつほ】、空 【うろ】、空 【うつお】、空 【うつほ】、洞 【うろ】、洞 【うつお】、洞 【うつほ】、虚 【うつせ】、空 【うつせ】
うつお: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. うつほ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. うつお: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. うつほ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. うつお: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. うつほ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. うつせ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. うつせ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
2. AirportAn airport is a location where aircraft such as fixed-win... Read more
1. to open (a door, etc.); to unwrap (e.g. parcel, package); to unlockOnly applies to 開ける
- あ 。
- The three boys opened the doors of the building.
2. to open (for business, etc.)Only applies to 開ける
- I'm sorry I opened your mail by mistake.
3. to empty; to remove; to make space; to make roomesp. 空ける
- Empty the purse into this bag.
4. to move out; to clear outesp. 空ける
5. to be away from (e.g. one's house); to leave (temporarily)esp. 空ける
6. to dawn; to grow lightesp. 明ける
7. to end (of a period, season)esp. 明ける
8. to begin (of the New Year)esp. 明ける
9. to leave (one's schedule) open; to make time (for)esp. 明ける
10. to make (a hole); to open up (a hole)
空ける 【あける】、明ける 【あける】
1. daydream; fantasy; fancy; vision
2. Fantasy (psychology)See fantasy for an account of the literary genre involvin... Read more
1. air; atmosphere
2. mood; situationSee also 空気を読む くうきをよむ
3. someone with no presence; someone who doesn't stand out at allColloquialism, Idiomatic expression
1. space; room; gap; emptiness
- Leave more space between characters.
2. vacancy; opening; empty seat
- There is no opening in our firm.
3. free time; time to spare
4. disuse; unused thing
1. empty; void; vacant
2. vain; fruitless; futile; ineffective
3. lifelessSee also 空しくなる
1. to open (e.g. doors)esp. 開く
- あ 。
- The door yielded to a strong push.
2. to open (e.g. business, etc.)esp. 開く
3. to be emptyesp. 空く
- ある 。
- With first base open, he walked the batter.
4. to be vacant; to be available; to be freeesp. 空く
5. to be open (e.g. neckline, etc.)esp. 明く
6. to have been opened (of one's eyes, mouth, etc.)esp. 明く
7. to come to an endesp. 明く
8. to open (one's eyes, mouth, etc.)esp. 明く
9. to have a hole; to form a gap; to have an interval (between events)See also 穴が開く
- あ 。
- The leather jacket has worn out at the elbows.
空く 【あく】、明く 【あく】
1. space; room; airspace
2. SpaceSpace is the boundless, three-dimensional extent in which... Read more
Common word Links
1. air force
2. Air forceFor military aviation conducted by armies and navies, see... Read more
2. AirstrikeAn air strike is an attack on a specific objective by mil... Read more
1. to become less crowded; to thin out; to get empty
- Which car is less crowded?
2. to be hungrySee also お腹が空く
- す 。
- We aren't very hungry yet.
1. empty seat; unoccupied seat
2. vacancy; vacant post
Common word Links
1. vacant house; unoccupied house
空き屋 【あきや】、空家 【あきや】、明き家 【あきや】、空屋 【あきや】