Words — 37 found
1. this (indicating an item near the speaker, the action of the speaker, or the current topic)Usually written using kana alone, See also 何れ, See also 其れ, See also 彼 あれ
- This is a very small book.
2. this person (usu. indicating someone in one's in-group)Humble (kenjougo)
- This is my brother. Handsome, isn't he?
- いま 、
- ひこうき ８
- の 、
- また ２
- I'm in transit between flights now. I've spent 8 hours on a plane so far, after changing planes now it's another two hours.
5. I (me)Archaism
是 【これ】、是れ 【これ】、之 【これ】、之れ 【これ】、維 【これ】、惟 【これ】
1. here (place physically close to the speaker, place pointed by the speaker while explaining); this placeUsually written using kana alone, See also どこ, See also そこ, See also あそこ
- Here is a pan without handles.
2. these last (followed by a duration noun and a past sentence: time period before the present time of the speaker)Usually written using kana alone, See also 今迄
- The population of this town has been static for the last ten years.
3. these next ... (followed by a duration noun and a non past sentence: time period after the present time of the speaker); the next ...Usually written using kana alone, See also 此れから
此所 【ここ】、是 【ここ】、茲 【ここ】、爰 【ここ】
1. certainly; without fail
- "How about playing catch?" "Sure, why not?"
2. right and wrong; pros and cons
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. theseUsually written using kana alone
此等 【これら】、是等 【これら】、此れ等 【これら】
Common word Links
1. so far; up to now; hithertoUsually written using kana alone
2. that's enough (for today); it ends hereUsually written using kana alone
此れまで 【これまで】、是迄 【これまで】、此れ迄 【これまで】
1. so; so much; this muchUsually written using kana alone
此れほど 【これほど】、是ほど 【これほど】、是程 【これほど】、此れ程 【これほど】
1. this much; this amountUsually written using kana alone, See also この位
- Pretty soon we'd better wrap up this break and get back to work.
これ位 【これぐらい】、此れ位 【これくらい】、此れ位 【これぐらい】、是位 【これくらい】、是位 【これぐらい】
1. tiny amount (degree, extent); paltry amount; slightest bitColloquialism, Usually written using kana alone, See also 此れっ許り これっぱかり
1. last time (as of now); never againUsually written using kana alone, See also これ切り
- I'm off cigarettes for good.
2. only this
此れっ切り 【これっきり】、是っ切り 【これっきり】
1. free and unbiased; fair and just; ruling or judging what's right is right and what's wrong is wrong; calling spade a spadeYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. to this extent; to this degree; this much; this littleUsually written using kana alone
1. this and thatUsually written using kana alone
2. this person and that person; anybody
此れ彼 【これかれ】、是彼 【これかれ】
1. principle of being fair and just; fair and unbiased policy (unbiassed)
1. showy; ostentatioususu. as これ見よがしに
此れ見よがし 【これみよがし】、此見よがし 【これみよがし】、是見よがし 【これみよがし】