Words — 108 found
1. that (indicating an item or person near the listener, the action of the listener, or something on their mind); itUsually written using kana alone, See also 何れ, See also 此れ, See also 彼 あれ
- お 、
- Should that happen, what will you do?
2. that time; then
- た 。
- That was when I was in the first year at high school, so 17 years have passed since then.
3. there (indicating a place near the listener)Archaism
其: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. that; theUsually written using kana alone, See also この, See also あの, See also どの, something or someone distant from the speaker, close to the listener; actions of the listener, or ideas expressed or understood by the listener
- まいにち 、
- ま 。
- Every day I waited for her at the bookstore after school.
2. part (as in "part two")Usually written using kana alone, preceding a number
3. um ...; er ...; uh ...Only applies to その
1. that way (direction distant from the speaker, close to the listener)Usually written using kana alone, See also 何方 どちら, See also 此方 こちら, See also 彼方 あちら
- Isn't this Central Driving School?
2. there (place distant from the speaker, close to the listener)
- How are things for you up there?
3. that one (something close to the listener)
- What is the difference between this and that?
4. you; your family; your company
- うけい 。
- We will accept your conditions.
5. that person (someone close to the listener)
其方 【そっち】、其方 【そなた】、其方 【そち】
1. there (place relatively near listener)Usually written using kana alone, See also どこ, See also ここ, See also あそこ
- We'll arrive there within an hour.
2. there (place just mentioned); that placeUsually written using kana alone
3. then (of some incident just spoken of); that (of point just raised)Usually written using kana alone
1. to that degree; to that extent; that muchUsually written using kana alone
其れ程 【それほど】、其程 【それほど】
1. without change; as isUsually written using kana alone
2. just like; extremely similarUsually written using kana alone
3. immediately; just after; without a pauseUsually written using kana alone
その儘 【そのまま】、其の儘 【そのまま】、其儘 【そのまま】、その儘 【そのまんま】、其の儘 【そのまんま】、其儘 【そのまんま】
其儘: Irregular okurigana usage. 其儘: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. before very long; soon; someday; one of these days; sooner or laterUsually written using kana alone
2. of the previously mentioned; of that number; among them; among othersUsually written using kana alone
1. well then ...Usually written using kana alone
- Then, please give him this note. This is urgent.
2. in that situation; in which caseUsually written using kana alone
- That would leave me in a fix.
其れじゃ 【それじゃ】、其じゃあ 【それじゃあ】
1. the rest; the othersそのた is the more common reading when written
- あか 、
- There are several flowers. One is red, another is white, and the others are yellow.
2. in addition (to that); besides that; other than that; and other ...
- おも 。
- I can't think of any other plan.
3. and so forth; and the like; and what have you; et cetera
- か 。
- They sell candy, cookies and what not.
4. Et ceteraEt cetera is a Latin expression that means "and other thi... Read more
その他 【そのた】、その外 【そのほか】、その外 【そのた】、其の他 【そのほか】、其の他 【そのた】、其の外 【そのほか】、其の外 【そのた】
1. and; thereupon; because of thatUsually written using kana alone
1. besides; in addition; also; moreoverUsually written using kana alone
1. so; accordingly; now; then; thereupon; thereforeUsually written using kana alone
1. each; respectivelyUsually written using kana alone
其れ其れ 【それぞれ】、夫々 【それぞれ】、夫夫 【それぞれ】、其々 【それぞれ】、其其 【それぞれ】
其々: Irregular okurigana usage. 其其: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. but (still); and yet; nevertheless; even so; notwithstandingUsually written using kana alone
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. in addition; furthermore
- そのうえ 、
- This book is interesting and, what is more, very instructive.
2. above (which); on top of (which)
- はら 。
- I paid five dollars in addition.
JLPT N1 Links
1. everywhere; somewhere; approximately; that area; around thereUsually written using kana alone