Words — 1820 found
1. sea bream (Sparidae); porgyUsually written using kana alone
- つ 。
- Throw a sprat to catch a whale.
2. tai (species of reddish-brown Pacific sea bream, Pagrus major)
3. SparidaeThe Sparidae is a family of fish, included in the order P... Read more
1. opposite; opposition
2. versus; vs.; v.
- きょう 早稲田
- たい 慶応
- There is going to be a game between Waseda and Keio today.
3. to (e.g. "winning a game five to three")
- たい １
- か 。
- We won the game by three goals to one.
4. equal footing; equal terms
5. against ...; anti-; toward ...; to ...
- たっ 。
- The company's exports to India amounted to $100 million last year.
對: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. want to ... do something; would like to ...after the -masu stem of a verb
- おも 。
- I don't know her and I don't think I want to.
2. indicates emphasisKyuushuu dialect, at sentence-end
3. very ...See also めでたい, after a noun or the -masu stem of a verb; also ったい
JLPT N1 Links
1. other intention; hidden purpose; ulterior motive; ill will; malice
1. party; group; crew; team; body
2. company (of troops); corps; unit; squad
1. body; physique; posture
2. shape; form; style
3. substance; identity; reality
5. counter for humanoid forms (e.g. dolls, statues, corpses, etc.)
- Up to now he had made nine humanoid robots but they were all demonstration models.
6. typeface; type
1. band (e.g. conduction, valence); belt (e.g. Van-Allen, asteroid, etc.)
1. bank (river, lake)
2. pile; heapArchaism
3. Ocean bank (topography)A bank, sometimes referred to as a fishing bank, is a par... Read more
Common word JLPT N5 Links
2. Diplomatic missionA diplomatic mission is a group of people from one state ... Read more
1. typhoon; hurricane
2. TyphoonA typhoon is a mature tropical cyclone that develops in t... Read more
2. SunThe Sun is the star at the center of the Solar System. It... Read more
1. arrest; apprehension; capture
2. ArrestAn arrest is the act of depriving a person of his or her ... Read more